• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why don't we scale ice creation to physicals?

"Shoto Todoroki can create a Low 7-B ice structure with his Half-Cold side. Hanta Sero survived Shoto creating that structure, and Shoto has to create the ice, y'know, with his body. So, both Shoto and Hanta should have Low 7-B Durability, no?"
This is just an example of some stuff I've seen outside of the forums. I'm personally against it, but, I'm genuinely curious as to why we don't scale ice creation to physical strength.
If you start a ******* My Hero debate down there, I swear-

I'm not comfortable talking about it at the moment, but heat feats and electricity feats don't scale to blunt force trauma by default. If universal energy systems exist, there is room for that being a different story. Or characters with external energy manipulation also being equally capable of amping their physical strikes with the same level of energy extraction capabilities and what not. But by default, we do not simply assume magic spells scale to physical stats.

all magician that can do that but can be killed by normal human see you, i mean for me except if it show that the being can use his energy to physical amp himself, it's should not scale to their physical stat

If you start a ******* My Hero debate down there, I swear-
Lmfao
But being serious
Thermal energy =/= Blunt force
For MHA the Ice wall technically scales to nothing outside of maybe Shoto’s own fireside due to the nature of how he cools and heats himself.

Just because it takes Tier 7 energy to create an ice block doesn’t mean hitting someone with that ice makes them tier 7
At least that’s my take.
At best they’d scale to KE or GPE depending on how the freezing is done (if the mass is made then dropped or launched)

What Jack and DDM said. Or if their temperature-based feats are shown to be wildly different from their physicals. Universal energy sources being involved however, would turn it into a completely different story. Of course, if they are stated to be similar to physicals, that also works.

Last edited:
Wait Really?!?

Even if it's stated that said characters Magic most likely scales to his physicals??!
No, if it is outright stated that said character's magic scales to their physicals, then we do indeed scale the character's magical spells to their physicals and it should be fine.

Blatant statements for the character's magic scaling to physicals and/or universal energy sources being at play are both enough to make characters qualify to have their physicals scale to their elementals, magic, creation-based powers and so on.

No, if it is outright stated that said character's magic scales to their physicals, then we do indeed scale the character's magical spells to their physicals and it should be fine.

Blatant statements for the character's magic scaling to physicals and/or universal energy sources being at play are both enough to make characters qualify to have their physicals scale to their elementals, magic, creation-based powers and so on.
Damn. I just want Kazuma to be 9-C lmao.

But if it's implied a characters Magic scales to their physicals they would get a "Possibly/Likely" correct?

Yeah, I was just saying that if there's a burden of proof, then we don't assume magic powers scale to physicals. But if there are explanations, consistencies, or universal magic systems, then feats using magical powers can scale to physicals.

Yeah, I was just saying that if there's a burden of proof, then we don't assume magic powers scale to physicals. But if there are explanations, consistencies, or universal magic systems, then feats using magical powers can scale to physicals.
If it's heavily implied then there would be no need for a "Possibly/Likely", they'd outright scale to it in full.
I see well thanks for the clarification you too!

But after Re-looking at the feat in question, it's was actually consistent with the characters 10-A rating.

So I just ended up wasting your time but Thanks for the help once more!

I think we should maybe. Like we base storm creation, we base lighting things on fire as ap.
So I guess ap should come from a feat like that.
The main reason I would be against it is due to how the ice is used, if a character uses the ice to freeze people and not attack then maybe its not very strong

I think we should maybe. Like we base storm creation, we base lighting things on fire as ap.
So I guess ap should come from a feat like that.
The main reason I would be against it is due to how the ice is used, if a character uses the ice to freeze people and not attack then maybe its not very strong
We already do so on a case-by-case basis tho.

Back