• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why doesn't Leon have 9-A Durability?

CCMac27

He/Him
Currently, Leon's durability is Wall level for the following feats:

"Wall level (Was punched by Tyrants, G-Birki, G-Curtis, and Mendez)"

They Tyrants and G-Birkin are 9-A, why is Leon only Wall level Dura?

My bad if this was already discussed, just doesn't make sense to me

He most likely would, but then that upgrades their AP to 9-A as well since they fought before

No, Leon was never be portrayed to be as strong and/or as tough as Mr. X, even his small arms are at most capable to briefly KO him, only his heavy weapons such as the Rocket Launcher as it had the firepower to actually kill Mr. X.

It had be consistently show that Leon is physically inferior to Top Tiers BOWs such as the tyrants and that at most he can survive several blows before reach a critical condition, the scaling suggest make absolute no sense.

At best we can upgrade Leon's Durability at "At least Wall level" as he is capable to take 3-4 blows from Mr. X and Birkin before dying.

Leon seems only highly resistant to blunt trauma, much more compared to Chris. Especially his head and spine.

Yamatohime said:
Leon seems only highly resistant to blunt trauma, much more compared to Chris. Especially his head and spine.
So would he be at least Wall level, Wall level+, at least Wall level+, or Small Building Level?

Assembled1801 said:
Yamatohime said:
So would he be at least Wall level, Wall level+, at least Wall level+, or Small Building Level?
wall level+ normally with small building level to blunt trauma is more accuarate

Yamatohime said:
I'm pretty sure that in no point in the games is suggested that Leon had special resistance again blunt force.

I disagree with this since it's the justification that is wrong, Leon does not scale to character like Mendez that can easily overpower and kill him in the canon cutscenes, Leon and the other characters taking hits from bosses is simply Game Mechanic.

Dark649 said:
I disagree with this since it's the justification that is wrong, Leon does not scale to character like Mendez that can easily overpower and kill him in the canon cutscenes, Leon and the other characters taking hits from bosses is simply Game Mechanic.
In the CGI movies Leon took punched from other tyrants that sends him flying and he was literally fine from that. CGI movies are canon.

Resident Evil Leon Flies All The Time
Resident Evil Leon Flies All The Time

As far as I concerned, Leon at best would be Wall+ in durability while Chris at Wall level to blunt traumas. It is clear, at least for me, that Leon is more durable...

Dark649 said:
Seemingly calced at wall level like other feats.
Taking serious attacks from someone who is 9-A should be still 9-A even if the feat itself is calculated at just 9-B, that's how attack potency works.

It always seemed strange to me that Leon had 9-B durability from being attacked by 9-A characters, so unless these feats are considered outliers for a good reason, his durability should be upgraded to 9-A.

Although, if these 9-A characters are baseline, Leon should be 9-B+ in durability, because while it's true that he can take some hits from them, taking too many hits puts him in a critical condition, and therefore he shouldn't scale from them completely.

Tyrant is 100 megajoules, but none of the human characters can even physically compare to Tyrant's full power.

Has anyone tried out shooting the RPG while at point-blank range?

If what Dark649 said was correct, then a lot of characters shouldn't scale from each other, just because when they were hit by a character of a certain tier (like 9-A), they didn't destroy a small building or something like that, this logic goes against our standards of scaling

@KLOL506 And what? That doesn't mean their durability can't somewhat scale from the Tyrants.

Leon was getting ragdolled and toyed with in that scene, I wouldn't call that a reason for scaling. It's not like that monster went all out and pounded him. I'm willing to put that in the same boat as Boba Fett surviving hits from Darth Vader or Batman surviving punches from Doomsday.

It seems like we saw different videos, he was attacked several times by different Tyrants that shouldn't be holding back in any way, yes he was sent flying several meters away every time, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't scale, the only thing that really matters is that he survived said attacks.

Those examples are just huge outliers, they have nothing to do with this, unless you think that Leon consistently taking hits from different Tyrants is also a huge outlier.

9-A Leon is somewhat contradictory. He can die by shots from firearms for example and a single shot on his head would certanly kill him.

I've seen Universal level characters being damaged by normal bullets, that's just PIS that should be always ignored.

Yes, but in this case the same thing could be said about him surviving hits from the boss. Bullet analogy is a good point as bullets are only 9-C and penetration gets exaggerated in fiction, but Leon is consistently not a stone wall and he peaks at 9-B and is way weaker than all the 9-A bosses.

In most games you can take multiple hits from the bosses unless it's a very hard game like Dark Souls, and even then you can take some hits from those bosses as well.

What do you mean he's not a stone wall? His AP is certainly just 9-B because he cannot harm Tyrants or similar bosses with his normal attacks, but he can take some hits from them.

He can also trade blows with other characters on his level, so his durability shouldn't be too much greater than his AP. And Dark said Leon surviving hits from them is game mechanics. Leon and the other human characters also get one shotted by rocket launchers and have been shown to be harmed by 9-B enemies.

I see, I imagined that other humans could harm him, that's a good reason to consider these durability feats as outliers.

We saw Leon being beaten by Tyrants in cutscenes, so it's not gameplay mechanics, but it certainly sounds like an outlier when he can harm characters comparable to him.

Plot armor plays a lot on RE universe, but it can be negated by the enemy's ultimate techniques, e.g: Wesker's Rhino Charge will always one-shot Chris, and Leon will most likely die from the gigantic Super Tyrant's serious punch (RE Damnation)

The description of Leon's durability section still needs to be changed, because it doesn't make any sense right now.

Okay, I have done so. Is there anything left to do on this thread or should I close it?

Back