• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why does this profile exist?

Why is there a profile for a dinosaur skeleton that doesn't even move? It's not a living being, it doesn't move or fight or anything; it's just part of a map. Why is there a profile about it?

It says it has a movement speed on the profile. Is it really just an immobile obstacle?

GyroNutz said:
It says it has a movement speed on the profile. Is it really just an immobile obstacle?
It looks to just be a part of the map. The profile doesn't even give any implication that it can move.

Schnee One said:
It's a profile based on what the Dinosaur likely was when it was alive.
But the dinosaur in question is never shown alive to my knowledge. Why is the profile based on what seems to be just conjecture?

Because logical assumptions can still be made regarding what it was when it was alive.

Schnee One said:
Because logical assumptions can still be made regarding what it was when it was alive.
We know nothing on what the dinosaur was like when it was alive. We don't know what it looked like, how it behaved, how it moved or fought or anything. I looked up the map where this skeleton comes from, and I've found no sort of information about the skeleton in question. It's nothing more than a part of the map and can't do anything. Basing on what it might have been is just really reaching, imho, because we know nothing about it.

How a T Rex looks is obvious, its size is shown, why is it such a big issue?

We have profiles for bigger skeletons such as the Sea Emperor Leviatha despite that never shown to be alive

If we can determine what it is throught logical assumption we can use it

It'd be better to say "This profile is redundant because its a T rex" then "We don't know what it was when it was alive", the former makes sense, the latter does not.

Schnee One said:
How a T Rex looks is obvious, its size is shown, why is it such a big issue?
We have profiles for bigger skeletons such as the Sea Emperor Leviatha despite that never shown to be alive

If we can determine what it is throught logical assumption we can use it

It'd be better to say "This profile is redundant because its a T rex" then "We don't know what it was when it was alive", the former makes sense, the latter does not.
The skeleton in question is clearly not a Tyrannosaurus, though. Its forelimbs are much larger and possess four digits on each hand, nothing at all like a Tyrannosaur's. It can't be based on a T-rex because it isn't one itself.

With the Sea Emperor Leviathan, we at the very least have some information on some of its abilities and see it alive, so that's not a good comparison.

As I've said, this dinosaur's clearly not a T-rex, and we know absolutely nothing about it, and it has done nothing more than be a part of the background of a map, so we should not have a profile for it.

Probably should have checked it before I made it (A bit surprised no one asked me for my reasoning or to defend it), though yes it's because of Gargantuan Leviatha.

But since it was removed, the tab stuff needs to be removed from the other T.Rex profiles.

Back