• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why do we need to know the supporters and haters of a series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? Who could possibly give a shit if random users like or dislike the series? What does that have to do with anything that this site is about?

Welp, could be useful sometimes, when someone want to introduce in one serie or want some input in a related thread, he knowns the name of one supporter

Then why does the hater need to be there? On the series universe page that has I o on the series,the power scale of the series and it's characters then why is there a big ugly unnecessary list of random users?

... good point about the "haters"... you could need who is a supporter, but about a non supporter... not sure

While supporters are people to ask, haters are people not to ask, as it would presumably set them off or get them to tell you to ask someone else, wasting your time and theirs. This is particularly important for Staff members, who are considered the end-all for advice and especially for the admins and Bureaucrats, who are generally very busy, tired, and sometimes irritable.

Reppuzan makes a good point about that it could be useful if we need to ask people for help. However, it wasn't my idea to start this practice. It was there when I came here.

I don't think its a list taken from all random users but rather from higher profile people who you might be considering talking to about a subject. I don't really think it's necessary though to have more than just a super short list of 'experts' for in case you wanted to ask for information about feats and scalings an dwhatnot.

Actually the opponents of a series should also be asked because just the supporters may agree on unreasonable upgrades.

Maybe instead, we include a list of established users/staff for supporters/opponents and say whether they support/oppose it for quality or power. That would help a bit

I'm thinking that we just take it for what it is. A supporters and opponents list. What you use that information for is up to you. It's not doing any harm so leaving it as is seems fine.

Kkapoios said:
Actually the opponents of a series should also be asked because just the supporters may agree on unreasonable upgrades.
Thats what the Neutral (if any) can be used for as well.

I agree with Aizen. There is no particular reason to remove the lists, and some people like them, so they can stay.

Imo it's just a way to get an idea of whether one might be bias or not to upgrades. And well as everyone else said, who to not ask and ask about that franchise.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Imo it's just a way to get an idea of whether one might be bias or not to upgrades. And well as everyone else said, who to not ask and ask about that franchise.
This sums it up nicely.

Well, since this topic has been concluded, I will close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back