• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why do most characters who are 9-C for beating up groups of people have no actual attack potency calculation?

I see a lot of characters' profiles saying that they're 9-C just for beating up groups of people. There's no actual calculation of their Attack Potency either. Like, I can someone understand two separate characters being 4-A due to pocket dimensions with starry skies, but for 9-C characters, the groups of people they beat up can just be a bunch of 10-B's going against a 10-A and the 10-A defeating them. Does that really make them 9-C? They could've had a hard time in the fight depending on how many characters they were fighting, or they could've had an easy time because they were more skilled and the groups they went against were really bad at fighting. Either way, the character would still be 9-C just for beating up a group of people with no actual calculation.

The reference list has a ton of things for street level like kicking down doors and crushing skulls, but nothing for beating up groups of people even though it's something commonly used in profiles to justify a character being 9-C. Why isn't there a calculation?

I see a lot of characters' profiles saying that they're 9-C just for beating up groups of people. There's no actual calculation of their Attack Potency either. Like, I can someone understand two separate characters being 4-A due to pocket dimensions with starry skies, but for 9-C characters, the groups of people they beat up can just be a bunch of 10-B's going against a 10-A and the 10-A defeating them. Does that really make them 9-C? They could've had a hard time in the fight depending on how many characters they were fighting, or they could've had an easy time because they were more skilled and the groups they went against were really bad at fighting. Either way, the character would still be 9-C just for beating up a group of people with no actual calculation.

The reference list has a ton of things for street level like kicking down doors and crushing skulls, but nothing for beating up groups of people even though it's something commonly used in profiles to justify a character being 9-C. Why isn't there a calculation?
From me, the best explanations are...

1: The context of the verse
  • Characters like Hank Schader in Breaking Bad are rated in relation to being superior to strength to the 10-A characters in Breaking Bad and his realistic portrayal.
2: The absurd skill & strength needed to beat up a group of people.

In IRL, you unlike fiction need skill and crowd control to handle a group of people in a street fight. Strength in numbers isn't something to be underestimated unlike how fiction portrays characters like this. At best, people in real life could just hold out or severely tag a few people from a group even if you had a knife.

Furthermore, these are the tiers closest to IRL people, so there's common sense and other factors involved.

3: The distance between tiers 10-B to 9-C aren't really big.

A 3-6x multiplier for reference is just enough of a difference for a 10-B to have that notable difference to a baseline 9-C.

Furthermore, if you dig deep in this forum enough, you'll figure out that the tiering system is heavily oversimplified at tiers 10-C to 9-C that you'll spot contradictions in even the most accepted standards that make the most sense.

And... that's it for me. There's many other factors I may have not considered, but overall, the 3 points I've showed you show how the feat of beating up multiple people is in the place of a calc.

Last edited:

Reference for common feats also have bone breaking at street level up to streel level+ which is 9-C. Bone breaking i very normal when characrers are fighting multiple characters at a time, not saying thats actually the case, and if the justification is actually fought a group of people then it clearly needs to change.
Anyways, older profiles usually had a lot of guess work and because no one cares about those verses they ended up never get revised to get proper calcs.

Reference for common feats also have bone breaking at street level up to streel level+ which is 9-C. Bone breaking i very normal when characrers are fighting multiple characters at a time, not saying thats actually the case, and if the justification is actually fought a group of people then it clearly needs to change.
Anyways, older profiles usually had a lot of guess work and because no one cares about those verses they ended up never get revised to get proper calcs.
It's still a bit unclear though. Beating up a group of people doesn't mean you broke any of their bones. Could've just meant you knocked them out

It's still a bit unclear though. Beating up a group of people doesn't mean you broke any of their bones. Could've just meant you knocked them out
Like i said even if it was because they broke the bones it should be specified instead of defeating a bunch of people.

More than anything, this is about the simplification of 9-C to 10-C as H3LL stated. While beating groups of people does indeed hint and incredible amounts of strength, speed, toughness and/or skill, it isn't conclusive evidence by any means, as we have seen people IRL that occasionally do so by virtues other than their physical or skill merit.

I do agree that beating up groups of people does indicate 9-C, as it is difficult to overstate just how hard it is to beat groups of even 10-B people alone, but what matters more is how they beat them and what was that group of people.

What if they beat the group of 10-B's, but they were still pretty wounded after? There's still no exact calculation of how much energy something like that would require

What if they beat the group of 10-B's, but they were still pretty wounded after? There's still no exact calculation of how much energy something like that would require
Yeah, that's the thing. It really isn't about any specific energy value, rather it is about how beating up a group of 10-Bs in real life is so extremely hard that, save special circumstances, it almost guarantees you are 9-C physically or has some sort of advantage in speed, stamina or something that it warrants this rating.

You can think of the absolute lowest 9-Cs as either peak human or unspecifiably, but very physically fit people. If you can beat groups of 10-B, chances are that you indeed are exceptionally fit and trained.

Back