• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why do Higher Dimensions mean Higher Combat Ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do not understand why. Different fictions, have different ways of potraying dimensons.

The Entire DC-verse, to my knowledge seems to be 11-dimensional, due to the fact that it paralells our own Universe. (11-dimensional string theory).

Does that mean the Living Tribunal(16-dimensional) automatically wins against the Primal Monitor, Presence,Great EVil Beast, due to being 4 levels of infinity above them?

What about an infinite dimensional being. Will he/she auto-stomp the Chousin and Living Tribunal, even if he's only Universe Level at best?

I feel that we should drop the Dimensional tiering, due to it being inconsistent, absent in some verses(eg Umineko), etc. We should decide matches based on the other stats and their abilities, and not adopt a biased, inconsistent, subpar dimensional tiering system.

I say this due to some threads I've seen, like The Presence vs "Pre-Retcon Beyonder".

If a certain fiction portrays spatial and temporal dimensions incorrectly, that is not on us or our system, but the author. A 4-D being is, by definition, an infinite number of times greater than a 3-D being such as a human. That's just how projective geometry works.

I also don't know how an infinite dimensional being would stomp the Choushin, as they transcend dimensions entirely. Anyway, there seems to be some misconception that something can be infinite dimensional or something and also be "universe level". This is not the case, as again, by definition, it would be far beyond that in range. The concept of 4-D universes would be entirely irrelevant to it.

Also, minor nitpick, but Umineko does use what is akin to dimensional tiering. That's the entire idea behind layers, albeit each one can "contain" multiple levels of spatial dimensions.

The Primal Monitor is questionably omnipotent, you have not addressed exactly why The Living Tribunal couldn't beat the other characters, the Choushin are above the very concepts of dimensions themselves so it makes no sense for an infinite dimensional entity to defeat them, if they destroy a universe with several dimensions it's not just universal which involves the destruction of physical matter, you have yet to prove it being biased, inconsistent or otherwise (even using an example that uses dimensional tiering) and the only reason you made this thread was due to your personal, biased opinions on a particular outcome of a versus matchup, but not to aid in the betterment of this wikia. Also, pretty sure you're not supposed to make threads like these where you question our tiering system. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back