• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why Baraggan Louisenbairn is 2 Espada?

I never got it either.

I'm going to assume he was just that much faster and stronger so Barraggan couldn't slow him down and would be killed by his attack.

However that's for Barraggan's base. I don't know how he would beat his resurrection form... Actually their is the possibility pure power in the form of a Cero can do it. My reasons for saying this is because that assassin girl fired that rocket attack and Barraggan couldn't decay it fast enough and it actually broke some of his skeleton. So given how Stark could fire a bunch of Cero of great power, Barraggan likely could not decay them completely before they hit.

This is just my thoughts on it m, can't say I'm 100% right or if I'm dead wrong.

Baraggan has the edge on Starrk in hax only. Starrk must have much greater reiatsu for Aizen to make him the Primera Espada.

And as Lord Griffin said, it's likely Baraggan can't decay Starrk's attacks quick enough to save himself. And if Sui-Feng's Bankai could seriously harm Baraggan, then I imagine one of Starrk's Ceros, and especially his Cero Oscuras, would end him rightly.

Starrk >> Sui-Feng

Lightbuster30 said:
Why do these guys even have cero oscuras? Wasn't that a cero exclusive to Ulquiorra?
Ulquiorra refers to Cero Oscuras as "Our Cero" and states that it can be performed by all of the Espada in Resurreccion.

Aizen ranked the espada purely on spiritual power, thats why Yammy can be the 10th and the 0 espada because in his resurreccion his spiritual power can potentially grow over Starrk's.

If Starrk and Barragan fights i would says Starrk has the edge just because how fast he can shoot ceros and generally just being faster (imo) and has a range advantage.

Starrk's abilities weren't fully explored. Even now, outside of Reiatsu, we have no idea why he is Number 1. (Off topic rant: Yammy being above any of the other Espada save for Aaroneiro is laughable. His feats place him in the same tier as Number 9. I find it funny that we even scale him to 7-A in Base. Had some minor difficulties handling the 3 supporting characters, and Eye-patch Kenpachi kicked his ass, then both Byakuya and Kenpachi cucked him before returning to Soul society despite being injured from fights against Zommari and Nnoitra, who were mid~high diff and high-diff fights respectively. Funny how Yammy is Way higher up the latter, but lost to both opponents who weren't even taking him seriously)

He only displayed 2 powers, and a 3rd with his summoned blades, so it is likely he'd be able to do much more. He didn't even display the full capacity of his guns, when Shunsui noted that they should be able to fire other things. Not to mention his Shunsui himself was his opponent, who is a higher tier captain in league with Unohana and Ukitake (ignoring his sickness) and that Shunsui's Zanpakutou made it possible to one-shot Starrk. I think the fight would have played out similarly even if he had to fight Halibel or Ulquiorra (Barragan is up in the air due to his ability.

Hell, i have the opinion that Starrk would have won regardless if it remained 1-on-1 from start to finish. Or if, you know, Kubo didn't PIS Starrk to death.

Edit: lol i just bumped a ~4 month dead thread. RIP

According to Tekking101 (youtuber) and possibly many others, it could be because Baraggan had beef with Aizen, and so was ranked 2 to spite him :D

Back