• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why are Mavel and DC heralds locked at 4-B? An open letter to the staff of Versus Battles Wiki (Attempt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Versus Battles Wiki Staff,

I am writing this letter to ask a simple question: Why is it that Marvel and DC Heralds are only ever at Solar System level? I understand our Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics exist, but they don't seem to be a very good reason for higher feats to be discounted. Let's go over the rule that seemingly keeps everyone locked in tier 4.

1) Feats: The most basic and reliable method for power-scaling would be direct feats. However, the feats should preferably be somewhat consistent, and elseworld and alternative continuity feats are not acceptable for power-scaling.
Now then, this has some problems.
  1. Feats are not power-scaling. Power-scaling is how you get a character higher than their direct feats by comparing them to other characters. Feats are characters directly getting a level of power from certain actions. A verse having wonky power-scaling is no reason to discredit direct feats.
  2. I don't understand how inconsistency in feats is what keeps Marvel and DC 4-B. We have seven Solar System level feats for Marvel on the verse page if you count each yottaton feat for Thor. In Hulk vs Broly, Death Battle (Which has a research team that's probably much smaller than our list of knowledgeable Marvel members, not to mention they had limited time to work with and were only talking about a single character) found at least universal feats that are at least universal (The third one was only in a comic panel, by the way, and not directly mentioned). From a SINGLE DEATH BATTLE EPISODE, we already have ~43% as many universal feats as we have accepted Solar System level feats in ALL OF MARVEL. While it is true Death Battle isn't always correct, the feats shown were direct scans.
  3. DC, meanwhile, has TWO Solar System level feats that we've accepted. There is no way that TWO feats on a certain level are the most consistent thing in a 26 year comic run, not even including Post-Flashpoint. Also, there's apparently 36 universal feats for Superman alone.
So then, riddle me this: How exactly is Solar System level the most consistent level of power in 90 years of comic books when the amount of feats we have for that level are in the single digits? And how is it that higher feats are all considered outliers when a fairly small team analyzing a single character found at least three?

Also, 1 previous incarnation this thread was closed without the question being properly answered.

Sincerely,

The Smashor

I'm just going to lock this because I re-opened the first one for you, alright? Just continue the talk there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back