• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is the strongest main character in shin megami tensei?

I think it’s pretty obvious it’s YHVH, lmao. The God of Law, and YHVH being a law-based entity aren’t a coincidence.
YHVH is actually Neutral-aligned as an entity... who happens to be the head of Law (insert politic joke here)
However, given in SMTI YHVH is called 'God of Law', it's 99% him

YHVH is actually Neutral-aligned as an entity... who happens to be the head of Law (insert politic joke here)
However, given in SMTI YHVH is called 'God of Law', it's 99% him
No, he really isn’t. He’s explicitly a law-based entity. I don’t know how you could even logistically come to that conclusion, considering the guy wanted to nuke earth, curse Aleph, and Demi-Fiend, nuke Satan for betraying him, and stole everyone’s Knowledge so they couldn’t oppose him.

No, he really isn’t. He’s explicitly a law-based entity. I don’t know how you could even logistically come to that conclusion, considering the guy wanted to nuke earth, curse Aleph, and Demi-Fiend, nuke Satan for repaying him, and stole everyone’s Knowledge so they couldn’t oppose him.
He is not. Literally his comprendium in multiple games puts him as a Neutral-aligned being. He is also multiple times shown that eventually Law-aligned characters come to despise him and replace his law with a more honest one, INCLUDING actual angelic figures (Satan, Maria et cetera)

Also, Neutral aligned is basically the 'give everyone the hand' alignment. Guess what did YHVH do back before rising his power?

He is not. Literally his comprendium in multiple games puts him as a Neutral-aligned being. He is also multiple times shown that eventually Law-aligned characters come to despise him and replace his law with a more honest one, INCLUDING actual angelic figures (Satan, Maria et cetera)
Satan betrays him in various routes because he’s an arbiter, and judges everyone impartialnot exactly an argument. And that’s fine, because in multiple games, he’s referred to as a Law-aligned being.

Also, Neutral aligned is basically the 'give everyone the hand' alignment. Guess what did YHVH do back before rising his power?
No idea what you’re talking about.

Satan betrays him in various routes because he’s an arbiter, and judges everyone impartialnot exactly an argument. And that’s fine, because in multiple games, he’s referred to as a Law-aligned being.
So you are telling me YHVH is an hypocrite? Yeah, you are proving he isn't Law-oriented

And good to know you don't know SMT enough to know that YHVH literally defeated every single deity, splintered the previous original high God (AKA original Baal AKA Bull God AKA Lord of Bel, depending on your continuity) and then came to rule in his place while turning every other deity into a demon.

He won, so of course he now dictates the Law, but throughout he clearly shows not to abide to it himself

So you are telling me YHVH is an hypocrite? Yeah, you are proving he isn't Law-oriented
Yeah, he is. Kinda what he gets grilled for in Apocalypse by the cast.

and stole everyone’s Knowledge so they couldn’t oppose him.
And good to know you don't know SMT enough to know that YHVH literally defeated every single deity, splintered the previous original high God (AKA original Baal AKA Bull God AKA Lord of Bel, depending on your continuity) and then came to rule in his place while turning every other deity into a demon.
We just mentioned the exact same event. I don’t understand your point, but it really seems like you’re trying excessively to prove how much you know about this series, but you’re just coming off as pompous and arrogant.

He won, so of course he now dictates the Law, but throughout he clearly shows not to abide to it himself
Cool, I’m aware. That doesn’t disprove he’s still Law-based.

So you tell me not following the Law, the very law you established... makes you Law based?
I am just proving you my theory, you just claim no.... because you know more than the comprendium, I guess.

So you tell me not following the Law, the very law you established... makes you Law based?
I am just proving you my theory, you just claim no.... because you know more than the comprendium, I guess.
No, I’m saying across the series, he is not a law-based entity. I’m not sure what law he followed you’re talking about, but YHVH has consistently proven himself… not to be neutral. I have not the slightest clue how the act of him deciding to nuke the planet with the Megiddo Ark, curse two separate protagonists (and kill all the first four in a separate DLC), keep the world under his control throughout all the mainline games (and some spin-offs, like Raidou), and believe he’s neutral.

Also, pray tell, what compendium lists him neutral? I haven’t seen anything like that.

No, I’m saying across the series, he is not a law-based entity. I’m not sure what law he followed you’re talking about, but YHVH has consistently proven himself… not to be neutral. I have not the slightest clue how the act of him deciding to nuke the planet with the Megiddo Ark, curse two separate protagonists (and kill all the first four in a separate DLC), keep the world under his control throughout all the mainline games (and some spin-offs, like Raidou), and believe he’s neutral.

Also, pray tell, what compendium lists him neutral? I haven’t seen anything like that.
its easier if u send scans and then debate is over

Uhm, yeah...? Do you think Police breaking the law means they are no longer police representing the Law?

YHWH is a chaotic demon who turned Law after beating up the old Gods and declaring himself the Law. That's literally what it means to be the Law, to have authority.
Hounokami [God of Law] ・・・・・・ Refers to the only God, Jehovah. A creator god who woke up when the world was in chaos and created everything out of chaos. He is the father of all beings, the universe, humans, angels, and demons. In this game, myths from all over the world are mixed, so it's confusing, but it seems that Jehovah is treated as the creator, and the creator gods of other myths are also born from the chaos of Jehovah. is. Although he is a god who governs order, he is also chaos itself, possessing the duality of destruction and creation.
He is blatantly not neutral and the literal figurehead of the Law side, despite him being slimy. This is extremely evident from the first SMT where Asura-oh and Michael are proxies for Lucifer and YHVH respectively, with it also being explicitly outlined that Lao Tzu (the Daoist god) represents the neutral outlook as the universe self and the true observer of mutagenesis in humans.
Eyes that warmly watch over mankind Write Taijo-Ou-kun. A Taoist deity, there are various theories about its true identity. It is especially revered by those who aim for Sendo. From afar, he watches over the battle between law and chaos that took place at the end of the century as a "mysterious old man." Sending heroes to the dream world, guarding the passage to the cathedral, and so on, but they are cooperative in some way, but their attitude is basically neutral. In the cathedral, he reveals himself after defeating both King Asura and Michael. There he talks about the future the world should have. Light and darkness, law and chaos The balance of the world is about to collapse The result is the same no matter which way it leans, so what would you do? This also embodies mutagenesis.

Yeah, he is. Kinda what he gets grilled for in Apocalypse by the cast.

We just mentioned the exact same event. I don’t understand your point, but it really seems like you’re trying excessively to prove how much you know about this series, but you’re just coming off as pompous and arrogant.

Cool, I’m aware. That doesn’t disprove he’s still Law-based.
His alignment has varied over the years and originally he was supposed to be Lawful Neutral (Light-Lawful by SMT's system but Light =/= Good similar to how Dark =/= Evil). But of course his methods have gotten extreme to the point of crossing Lawful Evil territory. And SMT V due to "Falling from Grace" did make him go hypocritical and started partially going against his own laws thus is labeled as Light-Neutral in that game specifically. Similar to how Lucifer went from Dark-Chaos to True Neutral via submitting to Demi-Fiend as his replacement.

Haven't finished SMTV so don't take my understanding for it, but based on the here say, this is what I found.

His alignment has varied over the years and originally he was supposed to be Lawful Neutral (Light-Lawful by SMT's system but Light =/= Good similar to how Dark =/= Evil). But of course his methods have gotten extreme to the point of crossing Lawful Evil territory. And SMT V due to "Falling from Grace" did make him go hypocritical and started partially going against his own laws thus is labeled as Light-Neutral in that game specifically. Similar to how Lucifer went from Dark-Chaos to True Neutral via submitting to Demi-Fiend as his replacement.

Haven't finished SMTV so don't take my understanding for it, but based on the here say, this is what I found.
He was never supposed to be neutral in the sense that is being talked about (letting humans forge their own paths). His first act of power was literally to demonize all other gods as subordinates and then hide himself from humanity to retain his power. YHVH as we know him as literally always been a dirty schemer.

Come again?
He has Neutral-Neutral alignment in SMT V, and I know it follows the true Ending of SMT:III where Demi-Fiend defeated Lucifer and became the Chaos King. Again, I said not to take my understanding or misunderstanding for it and that you were welcome to correct me.

But Whitnee filled me in on the YHVH stuff.

He has Neutral-Neutral alignment in SMT V, and I know it follows the true Ending of SMT:III where Demi-Fiend defeated Lucifer and became the Chaos King. Again, I said not to take my understanding or misunderstanding for it and that you were welcome to correct me.

But Whitnee filled me in on the YHVH stuff.
There’s no connection between III and V. They’re separate multiverses.

Back