• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is the strongest main character in shin megami tensei?

I remembered when fans used to say it was Aleph, but Luke sounds about right.

I find it funny that simply because of what Royal added, Joker is now in the running for strongest SMT protagonist

1 - El from Last Bible for having defeated the Universal Consciousness / Universal Will (stated to be above a Creator OC that had made Lucifer)
2 - Seraph/Shroendinger after his fight with Braman, as he outright becomes a trascendent being like STEVEN, St. Germain and the Minister (Mido), down to being able to exist even after having separated his own essence post reincarnation
3 - Hibiki Kuze for having brought down Canopus, a being above the universal adminstrator system, being comparable to Polaris, as well as other Summoners who were able to summon over 20 demons at once (to give you an idea, Raidou Kuzunoha can at most summon 9 demons when amped by Kushinada Hime)

I personally disagree with the Persona scaling on this wiki (Heck, I place Joker below Door-kun), as well as the stance of YHVH in Apocalypse, but if we assume that it is true, Joker and Nanashi are above Hibiki

1 - El from Last Bible for having defeated the Universal Consciousness / Universal Will (stated to be above a Creator OC that had made Lucifer)
2 - Seraph/Shroendinger after his fight with Braman, as he outright becomes a trascendent being like STEVEN, St. Germain and the Minister (Mido), down to being able to exist even after having separated his own essence post reincarnation
3 - Hibiki Kuze for having brought down Canopus, a being above the universal adminstrator system, being comparable to Polaris, as well as other Summoners who were able to summon over 20 demons at once (to give you an idea, Raidou Kuzunoha can at most summon 9 demons when amped by Kushinada Hime)

I personally disagree with the Persona scaling on this wiki (Heck, I place Joker below Door-kun), as well as the stance of YHVH in Apocalypse, but if we assume that it is true, Joker and Nanashi are above Hibiki
What is there to disagree with

I can't disagree or agree with the current Persona 5 scaling because I haven't played it, but there is a lot of overlooked stuff for Persona in a lot of places. Still I think the scaling is fine based on what I hear. Also but Universal Consciousness, do you mean the Great Reason? Also, I know Stephen has hinted it is possible for a human to technically surpass the power of the Great Reason, but that it is unlikely anyone ever will as even witnessing a miniscule of Great Reason made him like absolutely superior to both YHVH and Lucifer reading his profile.

I can't disagree or agree with the current Persona 5 scaling because I haven't played it, but there is a lot of overlooked stuff for Persona in a lot of places. Still I think the scaling is fine based on what I hear. Also but Universal Consciousness, do you mean the Great Reason? Also, I know Stephen has hinted it is possible for a human to technically surpass the power of the Great Reason, but that it is unlikely anyone ever will as even witnessing a miniscule of Great Reason made him like absolutely superior to both YHVH and Lucifer reading his profile.
tbh theres a lot of overwanked stuff in persona, and the wiki in general dkd, but I dont care enough to contest the SMT scaling

There are Archetype beings fought as final bosses in Persona games such as Yaldaboath in Persona 5.

I think I would've agreed with this four or five years ago lol

Makoto Yuki w/ Universe Arcana

Like Luke said, Prolly Royal Joker, though I'm not knowledgeable on Mainline character's like Nanashi to the degree that Luke is.

Let's start with placing Philemon and Nyarlathotep even above a mid tier demon of SMT.
Then we have the headcanon that YHVH is the Great Will in SMT IV, which is hilarious
You are completely free to disagree. That said, the SMT community have made several CRT's to justify their placement of character's, and the way Persona is treated on this wiki is Objectively based upon the outcome's of said CRT's. If you want, you can attempt to make a CRT to try and put Philemon and Nyarly below Mid Tier SMT Demon's.

That said, on a subjective note... I highly doubt you would get anywhere.

All bark and no bite. Our scaling's backed up by a CRT. Make one yourself if you think it's so "hilarious"
The CRT in question was.... bad. Very bad. Honestly, i don't do one because it's a worse attempt than to savage the MegaTen wiki.
Plus, between the slowness of people and the one time I tried to make a CRT here with Guilty Gear... No thanks. It's an errand i lack will and time about.

If that's the case and you lack the desire to make a change, then why bother complaining. You're just wasting time.
I am allowed to complain as long as I do not act toxic in regards.
I just said that I whole heartedly disagree.
Let just bygones be bygone and go forward with your headcanons, while i go with mine.

Virtually means nothing, really YHVH (Manifestation) also made Lucifer, so by your logic, everyone who beat YHVH is the strongest.

Seraph/Shroendinger after his fight with Braman, as he outright becomes a trascendent being like STEVEN, St. Germain and the Minister (Mido), down to being able to exist even after having separated his own essence post reincarnation
There are different forms of transcending reincarnation. Seraph’s transcendence is that it solely DDS/QDS’s multiverse, not those of Steven, Germain, and Mido, who glimpsed The Great Reason.

Hibiki Kuze for having brought down Canopus, a being above the universal adminstrator system, being comparable to Polaris, as well as other Summoners who were able to summon over 20 demons at once (to give you an idea, Raidou Kuzunoha can at most summon 9 demons when amped by Kushinada Hime)
I don’t understand why this would make him top 3, though.

Hope that clears things up, I would’ve preferred you make a downgrade (desperately so).

Nanashi or nahobino?
3599.jpg

I am allowed to complain as long as I do not act toxic in regards.
I just said that I whole heartedly disagree.
Let just bygones be bygone and go forward with your headcanons, while i go with mine.
Yes, you are allowed to complain. I'm simply asking, why you chose to do so. You may not be breaking the rules, but it is truly tiring for the SMT community, or any community really, to have people willing to complain that they don't agree with the ratings, but lack the desire to actually try to do anything about them. It just, looks kind of lazy- Not that I'm trying to say anything about you.

Regardless, while you may continue to complain, please bare in mind that the statistic's for the SMT Verse on the wiki are in direct relation to what's on the profiles and what results from the CRT's.

Virtually means nothing
Uh.... it means everything?

El = Universal Will >>>> Laseback / YHVH (I put YHVH above for having better feats overall >>>> Lucifer
There are different forms of transcending reincarnation
No, there aren't. Literally nothing says such.
I don’t understand why this would make him top 3, though.
Literally Canopus >>> Administrators = YHVH in terms of authority and power lol

Uh.... it means everything?

El = Universal Will >>>> Laseback / YHVH (I put YHVH above for having better feats overall >>>> Lucifer
You aren’t proving how it’s superior to YHVH.

No, there aren't. Literally nothing says such.
There is, actually. There’s a cycle of Reincarnation in SMT I-V (propagated by YHVH), there’s a cycle of reincarnation in Persona (suggested by Enlil), there’s a cycle of reincarnation in DDS/QDS (done by Brahman). Unless you think there’s only one form of reincarnation across, there are a whole lot of Steven level characters for transcending it.

Literally Canopus >>> Administrators = YHVH in terms of authority and power lol
Because of?

is truly tiring for the SMT community
Okay, sorry. I am still not doing it because It would take a lifetime.

But by going by the current feats / statements of this wiki it would be

1) Joker for beating a trascendental
2) Makoto Yuki with the Universe Arcana for surprising Igor in terms of Power (the guy that knew people that defeated Nyarlathotep and Philemon, halves of the Great consciousness, by themselves, and that knows that Star Eater Nyx is held off by the entirety of the Collective consciousuness)
3) Maya Amano, for having beaten Nyarlathotep and Philemon, halves of the Collective consciousness and trascending the whole SMT universe

And who is stronger between Nahobino and Nanashi?

By wiki rules and standards, Nanashi, by my own personal headcanon, Nahobino

Worst protagonist is Demi-fiend magic build

That is my only knowledge about SMT, persona I won´t say anything, I played 3 and 4 only

I forgot Serph human form from digital devil saga, my bad

I'd be suprised if you played game gear games that are played only in Japanese and that have been released early.

It was, as you figured out, a joke to the bull God/ Baal.

But yeah, admittedly there has never been an instance the 'God of Law' from V is called YHVH. It is HEAVILY Implied it was him, and likely they were just avoiding to use record scratch to address him, but not a concrete proof.

Back