• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is the strongest Hashira?

My personal interpretation is (with marks) Gyomei > Sanemi ≈ Obanai ≈ Giyu ≈ Kyojuro > Muichiro > Mitsuri > Tengen > Shinobu
The fact that Kyojuro without a mark is considered comparable to Marked Giyu is insane, a shame he had to go so soon.

Gyomei is the strongest, Tanjirou and Inosuke confirmed this

then Sanemi, Rengoku, Giyuu, Iguro,(don't know for Muichirou and Kanroji), Tengen and Shinobu

Sanemi being second because he fought very well against Kokushibou, who is stronger than Akaza

Rengoku deserve the third, because even while he doesn't have a mark he fought Akaza by himself, and better than what Tanjirou and Marked Giyuu did,

Giyuu and Iguro are probably equals,

for Muichirou and Kanroji i don't know who is stronger

Tengen fought equally against the upper moon 6, the weakest upper moon and he couldn't defeat by himself

Shinobu is the weakest, she can't even cut the necks of the demons, that's why she can only use stab attacks to them

Gyomei without the doubt, for now the anime didn't show it but once it do, the internet will freak out for sure
The second is Sanemi, show the be giving a very good fight against Kokushibo a.k.a the strongest demon after Muzan himself (yes i know Gyomei is there but that is still impressive)
Third is Rengoku and (prolly) Giyuu, Rengoku already explained by all of you above so i'm going to full detail on it, the reason i put Giyuu here is because he fought well against Sanemi in sparring match, and even he still struggled against Akaza (and i believe he got terrified against him from what i remember)

Gyomei without the doubt, for now the anime didn't show it but once it do, the internet will freak out for sure
The second is Sanemi, show the be giving a very good fight against Kokushibo a.k.a the strongest demon after Muzan himself (yes i know Gyomei is there but that is still impressive)
Third is Rengoku and (prolly) Giyuu, Rengoku already explained by all of you above so i'm going to full detail on it, the reason i put Giyuu here is because he fought well against Sanemi in sparring match, and even he still struggled against Akaza (and i believe he got terrified against him from what i remember)
what about the rest?

The rest, hmmm:
  • Shinobu without the doubt is the weakest among the Hashiras and no, damaged Douma neck isn't counted since she got oblirated to oblivion by him
  • Followed by Shinobu is Tengen, despite having the unique and nasty playstyle and breathing technique, he still can't defeat Gyutaro by himself despite fought equally, and if Daki wasn't there Gyutaro could've won against the gang
  • Obanai is hard to rank, he showed all of his arsenal in very late time (Almost EoS of DS) and even with demon slayer mark he still got overwhelmed by Muzan tendrils hard
  • Muichiro managed to kill Gyokko and thats already an impressive feats, and despite being stomped by Kokushibo he still playing a major role alongside Genya to take down The Upper One so Sanemi and Gyomei can finish him off
  • Surprisingly, Mitsuri is strong, managed to fought Zohakuten despite the latter keep overwhelmed her, and i dare you if she still had a good chunk of stamina and combined it with the awakening of her demon slayer mark, she can opressed Zohakuten until the gang found the real body of Hantengu

Last edited:
The rest, hmmm:
  • Shinobu without the doubt is the weakest among the Hashiras and no, damaged Douma neck isn't counted since she got oblirated to oblivion by him
  • Followed by Shinobu is Tengen, despite having the unique and nasty playstyle and breathing technique, he still can't defeat Gyutaro by himself despite fought equally, and if Daki wasn't there Gyutaro could've won against the gang
  • Obanai is hard to rank, he showed all of his arsenal in very late time (Almost EoS of DS) and even with demon slayer mark he still got overwhelmed by Muzan tendrils hard
  • Muichiro managed to kill Gyokko and thats already an impressive feats, and despite being stomped by Kokushibo he still playing a major role alongside Genya to take down The Upper One so Sanemi and Gyomei can finish him off
  • Surprisingly, Mitsuri is strong, managed to fought Zohakuten despite the latter keep overwhelmed her, and i dare you if she still had a good chunk of stamina and combined it with the awakening of her demon slayer mark, she can opressed Zohakuten until the gang found the real body of Hantengu
So my ranks (excluded Obanai for now since i have a hard time figuring him) :
1. Gyomei
2. Sanemi
3. Rengoku
3.5. Giyuu
4. Mitsuri
5. Muichirou
6. Tengen
7. Shinobu

Gyomei was top 1 in the muzan fight ,
giyuu and sanemi might have got a "zenkai boost" and surpassed him after the muzan fight but that is questionable

Anywhay here is my rank
1: gyomei
2/3/4: sanemi, giyuu, obanai
5: rengoku
6/7: kanroji and muichiro
8/9: shinobu and tengen

Last edited:
Gyomei is absolutely the strongest and he always has been even before the final arc.

77d631136e4d0ed09f3a12b9018aedecb4b91f5d.png

After that, it's a toss up. Sanemi would probably the second strongest, given how he did against UM1. Then Obanai, Rengoku, Giyu, Muichiro, Tengen, Mitsuri, and Shinobu. Rengoku died several arcs before the final arc and even without a mark, is considered comparable to Marked Giyu, which is highly impressive. All the Hashiras trained and received a Demon Slayer Mark by the time the final arc was happening but before that, Rengoku was higly likely the second strongest Hashira by the time of the Mugen Train Arc since every Hashira praised him and Akaza stated that Rengoku was getting close to the Realm of the Highest and close to obtaining the Transparent World and Sefless State.
5sPvjpy.jpg

In a "what if" scenario where Rengoku didn't die, trained, and received the Demon Slayer Mark, he probably would have even become the strongest Hashira, at least the one closest to Gyomei's level.

Arent the Gyomei statements all before the SM amps? Regardless i believe Giyuu supremacy as he

a) is able to run and deflect Tanjiro’s tentacles despite stating himself to feel “woozy and weakened”
b) Was able to slice Tanjiro before he reached the shade

With Tanjiro being stated to be above Muzan.

Arent the Gyomei statements all before the SM amps? Regardless i believe Giyuu supremacy as he

a) is able to run and deflect Tanjiro’s tentacles despite stating himself to feel “woozy and weakened”
b) Was able to slice Tanjiro before he reached the shade

With Tanjiro being stated to be above Muzan.
I don’t think tanjiro was above Muzan, if I recall correctly, he has the potential to surpass Muzan and when tanjiro is “perfect” he surpasses Muzan. At the time i don’t think he surpassed him. Unless I’m tripping balls.

I don’t think tanjiro was above Muzan, if I recall correctly, he has the potential to surpass Muzan and when tanjiro is “perfect” he surpasses Muzan. At the time i don’t think he surpassed him. Unless I’m tripping balls.
iirc (it has been a while so please correct me if im wrong) Yushiro states he was more powerful than Muzan after he converts back into a human, which is consistent with Muzan’s remarks

I think demonjiro is too inconsistent in power to properly judge considering everyone seemed to react to him , but yeah giyuu's feats against demonjiro are insane

I also haven’t read it in long time, finished it in 2020. The interpretation I’m getting, which could totally be wrong is Muzan says if tanjiro stays as a demon he will become the “perfect” demon as in surpass Muzan. And Yushiro says Tanjiros demon aspects were above any other demon, which I assume demon aspects are resistance to sun, regen, stuff like that.

I think demonjiro is too inconsistent in power to properly judge considering everyone seemed to react to him , but yeah giyuu's feats against demonjiro are insane
The chapter (204) where Yushiro specifically states Tanjiro was stronger than both Muzan and Nezuko, which align with Muzans and others statements of him being the “ultimate being” with “tremendous potential”.

And i dont find him inconsistent (barring Nezuko scaling to him in speed which is some form of pis

I also haven’t read it in long time, finished it in 2020. The interpretation I’m getting, which could totally be wrong is Muzan says if tanjiro stays as a demon he will become the “perfect” demon as in surpass Muzan. And Yushiro says Tanjiros demon aspects were above any other demon, which I assume demon aspects are resistance to light, regen, stuff like that.

Im not sure but the translations i read state otherwise as u can see here

Edit: Link doesnt work so here’s the website with the chapter https://ww5.demonslayermanga.com/chapter/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-chapter-204/

I do believe it is inconsistent considering Tsuyuri could sneak attack him from behind and manage to stab him with the medicine.

I do believe it is inconsistent considering Tsuyuri could sneak attack him from behind and manage to stab him with the medicine.
You could argue Tanjiro was distracted, and its not like Kanoe is no joke either with her speed scaling to Doma (if u ignore DKT)

Im not sure but the translations i read state otherwise as u can see here

Edit: Link doesnt work so here’s the website with the chapter https://ww5.demonslayermanga.com/chapter/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-chapter-204/
The one thing concerning me is what is the entire point of mentioning nezuko, I don’t believe she was on that level of strength to make it seem like, omg tanjiro surpassed Muzan AND NEZUKO!! Which leads me to believe demon aspects fits better than actual strength considering I still have a couple of hashiras and demons above her.

I mean , it all comes down to what translation is accurate, then giyuu would scale above muzan , and other people doing anything to demonjiro would be simple PIS

The one thing concerning me is what is the entire point of mentioning nezuko, I don’t believe she was on that level of strength to make it seem like, omg tanjiro surpassed Muzan AND NEZUKO!! Which leads me to believe demon aspects fits better than actual strength considering I still have a couple of hashiras and demons above her.
personally i believe they eventuate Nezuko due to her surpassing the weaknesses of Muzan, so in a sense its a culmination of both transcending strengths and weaknesses to become the “ultimate” or “supreme” (depending on translation) being.

I mean , it all comes down to what translation is accurate, then giyuu would scale above muzan , and other people doing anything to demonjiro would be simple PIS
Woah not above Muzan. Just scales higher in speed imo. I find no reason to believe he scales AP wise unless him deflecting tentacles count which i hard doubt since his style is all about diverting the flow of attacks.

and its not like Kanoe is no joke either with her speed scaling to Doma
Like kanao is no joke , but if anything the doma fight has a lot of anti-feats for her, like sure she keep up with supressed and poisoned doma , but there were times where he was perception blitzing her to the point of crossing like a dozen meters and snatching her sword before she could even realize what happened, now that i think about it , the same happened with shinobu , she could tag playing around doma but got perception blitzed every time he actually tried

Woah not above Muzan. Just scales higher in speed. I find no reason to believe he scales AP wise unless him deflecting tentacles count which i hard doubt since his style is all about diverting the flow of attacks
The sword did not break and the reflection has limits, if we go with demonjirou over muzan then full power giyuu just blitzes and one shots muzan with either the 10th or 11th form

Like kanao is no joke , but if anything the doma fight has a lot of anti-feats for her, like sure she keep up with supressed and poisoned doma , but there were times where he was perception blitzing her to the point of crossing like a dozen meters and snatching her sword before she could even realize what happened, now that i think about it , the same happened with shinobu , she could tag playing around doma but got perception blitzed every time he actually tried
Was that before or after her using her btec sharingan ability though? Its been awhile but i do have a vivid memory of her raw dogging (joke, they were pretty equal in terms of speed iirc) him after she activated her sharingan

Was that before or after her using her btec sharingan ability though? Its been awhile but i do have a vivid memory of her raw dogging (joke, they were pretty equal in terms of speed iirc) him after she activated her sharingan
Not the jidion talk lol

The sword did not break and the reflection has limits, if we go with demonjirou over muzan then full power giyuu just blitzes and one shots muzan with either the 10th or 11th form
unless we find the raw kanji ig we’ll never know + perhaps you are right, but i doubt just blocking/deflecting one strike ONCE would scale ap wise

Yeah she was getting blitzed before using mangekyo sharingan, and later on could tag poisoned doma with mangekyo , that being said that kanao ain't much faster than poisoned doma, much less health doma

unless we find the raw kanji ig we’ll never know + perhaps you are right, but i doubt just blocking/deflecting one strike ONCE would scale ap wise
Perfect timing lol, I posted the raw panel of the tanjiro surpassing Muzan and nezuko. U know how to translate?

Back