• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who are you? I'm you but anime (Lady Maria vs Clorinde) 1-1-0

dcpt2yj-a6a57718-509e-4f32-b626-f931e16c1814.png
clorinde.png

I challenge Clorinde to a duel...with someone else.

This fight takes place in the Opera Epiclese in the Court of Fontaine.
Speed is NOT equalized.
I believe duels were often started at 20 paces away. The average pace was 0.75 m so battle starts at 15 m away.

Sometimes a corpse should be left well alone: DaReaperMan
Will I tread the path of treachery?: Fallen_Angelicx
Double Kill:

Last edited:
First problem is clorinde ap justification as it lacks proof why is she above base childe,why is navia above fontaine traveler and why is clorinde above both traveler and navia
And then we have maria having giga ap difference

Maria cuts her in half.

No, sub-rel speed doesn't help when your opponent can and will tank those attacks with no damage.
Thing is with sub rel speed she can react to any mere MHS+ attacks even at close range. So maria wil never hit clorinde with that speed difference and especially the fact there's a skill gap, Clorinde has Genius Combat skills while Maria has Gifted combat skills. Not a genshin player but wouldn't clorinde just fear hax Maria into oblivion seeing as she has no resistance? Leaning towards Mrs Clorine until furthur notice.

Thing is with sub rel speed she can react to any mere MHS+ attacks even at close range. So maria wil never hit clorinde with that speed difference and especially the fact there's a skill gap, Clorinde has Genius Combat skills while Maria has Gifted combat skills. Not a genshin player but wouldn't clorinde just fear hax Maria into oblivion seeing as she has no resistance? Leaning towards Mrs Clorine until furthur notice.
Fear hax justification is also bad as ap justicication for clorinde
Bro you would get fearhaxed too if you are a person fighting a literal champion duelist

Fear hax justification is also bad as ap justicication for clorinde
Bro you would get fearhaxed too if you are a person fighting a literal champion duelist
I see. My bad, wouldn't have known this. Wouldn't that make this mathcup invalid since Clorinde's page needs rework.
Maria could just grab her once with her Class M and Clorinde is basically unable to capitalize her speed
Im sorry but a MHS+ character is never grabbing a Sub Rel character without special means. Does Maria have anything that can disable Clorinde's reactions for her to have the slightest chance of grabbing her?

Considering Maria fought everything H.P. Lovecraft has to offer and didn't run to our knowledge, being scared will not work.

Regardless, just... don't try to continue this match. Find someone in either High 6-C or 5-A near Maria to use her in a match, because with Genshin either she just outlasts, stat stomps, skill stomps, or all three.

And before you say "but she's listed as X rating in skill!!!" My counter to that is "it's feats that matter. Every hunter worth a damn fights groups of things that can tear them to shreds just as easily as vice versa. How many opponents who could tear her to pieces has your Genshin chick beat at once?"

And even then... Clorinde has no Stamina justification. Maria quite literally waits until she tires herself out and then proceeds to cut her head off.

Considering Maria fought everything H.P. Lovecraft has to offer and didn't run to our knowledge, being scared will not work.
I understand this but without having a resistance to fear hax on her page, im not sure if that argument would work effectively. Dont disagree but im just ging by vsbw standards.

Regardless, just... don't try to continue this match. Find someone in either High 6-C or 5-A near Maria to use her in a match, because with Genshin either she just outlasts, stat stomps, skill stomps, or all three.
We could have Madam Clorinde face some naruto character like deepa idk.

And before you say "but she's listed as X rating in skill!!!" My counter to that is "it's feats that matter. Every hunter worth a damn fights groups of things that can tear them to shreds just as easily as vice versa. How many opponents who could tear her to pieces has your Genshin chick beat at once?"
That's true but could say the same about stamina or overall intelligence. Still standards tho but i dont disagree.

And even then... Clorinde has no Stamina justification. Maria quite literally waits until she tires herself out and then proceeds to cut her head off.
True

I understand this but without having a resistance to fear hax on her page, im not sure if that argument would work effectively. Dont disagree but im just ging by vsbw standards.
Fear hax here is trembling. Not run away pissing thyself.
We could have Madam Clorinde face some naruto character like deepa idk.
That would be fine but apparently her profile blows dogshit
That's true but could say the same about stamina or overall intelligence. Still standards tho but i dont disagree.
It's not standards, feats can and will go above the justifications or lack therof... or in this case, a single word.

Fear hax here is trembling. Not run away pissing thyself.
"Fear Manipulation can inflict Fear on the target, which can incapacitate them by making them to scared to fight back, or even force them to see their greatest fears "come to life" in an illusion."
According to Fear Manipulation Page, It would cause your opponent to lose the will to fight you after the trembling which makes alot of sense here. It would incacipate her. It's also not something you can recover from without a resistance or anything following along those lines.
That would be fine but apparently her profile blows dogshit
True and it would be rule breaking to use a invalid page for a match, im guessing.
It's not standards, feats can and will go above the justifications or lack therof... or in this case, a single word.
Well thats why there's explained qualifications. If it goes beyond a justification then it gets placed there but higher than baseline into the tier, just as you'd do for any other stat like AP, Stamina or Speed. Vice Versa if it lacks. It's up to supporters to gather feats and correctly or rather logically place a character into a intelligence slot rather than downplaying or exxagerating then later ignore standards for the sake of opposing characters having controversial compared skill or intelligence. That's my take on it tho

According to Fear Manipulation Page, It would cause your opponent to lose the will to fight you after the trembling which makes alot of sense here. It would incacipate her. It's also not something you can recover from without a resistance or anything following along those lines.
ERROR! ERROR! LACK OF PROOF FOR CLORINDE'S FEAR MANIPULATION UTILIZING THIS PART.

The not dicking around answer: every single little tidbit REQUIRES proof from the verse it applies. There's no assumptions of what it can do, you need proof.
True and it would be rule breaking to use a invalid page for a match, im guessing.
It would fine but it is heavily discouraged as a rule of thumb
Well thats why there's explained qualifications. If it goes beyond a justification then it gets placed there but higher than baseline into the tier, just as you'd do for any other stat like AP, Stamina or Speed. Vice Versa if it lacks. It's up to supporters to gather feats and correctly or rather logically place a character into a intelligence slot rather than downplaying or exxagerating then later ignore standards for the sake of opposing characters having controversial compared skill or intelligence. That's my take on it tho
And sometimes, supporters downplay or overplay the actual feats at hand, hence why it's very common for the feats to be taken over the singular word.

ERROR! ERROR! LACK OF PROOF FOR CLORINDE'S FEAR MANIPULATION UTILIZING THIS PART.

The not dicking around answer: every single little tidbit REQUIRES proof from the verse it applies. There's no assumptions of what it can do, you need proof.
I mean, seeing as she constantly emits pressure that makes her opponent shiver in fear. Wouldnt that cause her opponent to be caucious of fighting her? Just a question, idk genshin like that.
It would fine but it is heavily discouraged as a rule of thumb
I see. Would love a match between deepa and her if so.
And sometimes, supporters downplay or overplay the actual feats at hand, hence why it's very common for the feats to be taken over the singular word.
Well wouldnt that be a them problem? If they decide to ignore the terms inset for intelligence and instead overexagerate/downplay, they should make a crt or smt to address it but for a match, the terms are set and feats are compared for each normally without trying to get a gifted combat feat to supergenius.

I mean, seeing as she constantly emits pressure that makes her opponent shiver in fear. Wouldnt that cause her opponent to be caucious of fighting her? Just a question, idk genshin like that.
It would, but by SBA you can't give up of your own free will, you gotta be downright haxed into giving up, like from a good fearhax(which Clorinde doesn't have) or from a really good Social Influencer like Frisk.
Well wouldnt that be a them problem? If they decide to ignore the terms inset for intelligence and instead overexagerate/downplay, they should make a crt or smt to address it but for a match, the terms are set and feats are compared for each normally without trying to get a gifted combat feat to supergenius.
Let's take Genji here for example
He skill Stomped the Genius skill Netflix Mihawk in a match for literally having everything Mihawk does but better, but he's gifted, why? I didn't change the stat when I reworked him since I saw no real point.

Also like... Maria still has the intelligence section she had back in like 2019 or some shit, everything referenced/new on her profile is from general revisions, if you'll notice. She's on the outdated end of things.

It would, but by SBA you can't give up of your own free will, you gotta be downright haxed into giving up, like from a good fearhax(which Clorinde doesn't have) or from a really good Social Influencer like Frisk.
Makes sense.

Let's take Genji here for example
He skill Stomped the Genius skill Netflix Mihawk in a match for literally having everything Mihawk does but better, but he's gifted, why? I didn't change the stat when I reworked him since I saw no real point.

Also like... Maria still has the intelligence section she had back in like 2019 or some shit, everything referenced/new on her profile is from general revisions, if you'll notice.
I see. Looks like feats definately count over just the terms. New discovery

I see. Looks like feats definately count over just the terms. New discovery
I should note that this applies to 3 things

Scaling chains(since putting a full scaling chain on a profile is blatant bloating)

Stamina(Lotta people who forget to add stamina justifications or the section gets too meaty so they leave some stuff out)

Intelligence/skill(see above)

I should note that this applies to 3 things

Scaling chains(since putting a full scaling chain on a profile is blatant bloating)

Stamina(Lotta people who forget to add stamina justifications or the section gets too meaty so they leave some stuff out)

Intelligence/skill(see above)
This is interesting. The ongoing matches i made will be entertaining 🙃

Okay i will when i get home OP should find someone relative to lady maria
I mean the reason I even picked these two to begin with was their similarities. Unless you know another female saber&pistol wielding hunter with a tricorn hat. Kinda loses the charm with just anyone else.

I was hoping the speed and AP differences balanced each other out as a speedster vs tank since even a 10x speed difference statues the other person. (Also interesting in these speedsters vs tank matches I've seen the verdict go every direction depending on who answers.)

If the match truly cannot be completed I'll just let it go necro.

Back