• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whitebeard vs Esdeath

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I need to re-read the manga, because I was pretty sure it was because Incursio was immune to cold and Esdeath's time stop was mainly ice based

Schnee One wrote If you're saying "WB Can resist the time Stop by resisting Ice" 1. Time is Stopped so WB can't use his Devil Fruit to make a quake to break it and 2. Ice that freezes time itself needs proofvthat someone can resist that, outside of people who resist actual time Stop

@Schnee you didn't. Eminiteable did.

Brain is as if not more vital than heart. And he just lolnoped that injury, rekt Sakazuki, fought Kurohige and only died after being shot to death by his crew, saying a few words before actually dying.

He can very well dissipate the clouds with his airquakes.

I don't remember what I haven't watched ovo.

@Eminiteable Kuzan did a Katakuri there.

I mean, that says more sboult the weakness is the timestop than the strength of the ice. If the timestop can be billed by resisting ice, that's a legitimate weakness.

I thought he got his skin and top skull destroyed, if he survived his brain getting destroyed, I concede.

Disapating the clouds is also a good point

Thing is. Esdeath has no problem using time Stop if she can't avoid an attack, so I'm wondering what happens if she's met with something she can't avoid I.E. a massive quake she can't dodge

The Calaca said:
Brain is as if not more vital than heart. And he just lolnoped that injury
Would you believe me if I told you a guy lost a 1/3 of his brain from a grenade and lived? Not even joking, not trying WB obv.

@Cal I mean, Ice that freezes time is a tad bit above normal ice.

Okay so let's go over each point Schnee presented.

Esdeath one shots.

The same could be said for Whitebeard and a hell of a lot easier than Esdeath's method. Whitebeard always uses quakes in combat, which ignores durability by stacking organs. I also have doubts of Esdeath being able to one shot Edward right away, this is the same dude who fought an enitre war with a deadly disease, has had organs straight up vaporized. (His heart most likely got injured considering Akainu pumped his chest full of magma and later his stomach.) Had half his head blown off, had a heart attack while facing against Akainu and had a massive hole melted in his stomach.

Esdeath time stops.

Not to use a strawman but Esdeath doesn't use time stop in character. The probability of Whitebeard one shotting her with a quake is a lot higher than Esdeath using time stop from the get go. This is essentially a battle of who does what first and Whitebeard starts off with durability negation.

Whitebeard isn't resistant to ice projectiles.

Well yeah but not a lot of characters are. Not that it matters much considering Whitebeard can just take out the projectiles with a quake like he did with Kuzan. Also he can make quakes with a thought so there goes Esdeath's range option which would force her to CQC which isn't a good idea with a man with precog, force fields, durability negation and way higher lifting strength.

The first and Third Point are both good, the second one I take issue with (Though it's not a Strawman argument)

Esdeath doesn't lead with time Stop to kill an opponent, that is true, she does however use her time Stop to avoid an attack she can't avoid, she has used Time Stop every time she was about to get hit due to this, she is a ******, but she's not an idiot, and she will not purposely take a hit she knows she can't avoid otherwise, especially from a country wide quake.

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH After thinking it over WBs stamina most likely results in him surviving a stab wound and using a quake to one shot.

Whitebeard FRA

Similar to Superhuman physical characteristics then, Whitebeard should definitely have it added tho considering his feats.

well, whitebeard surely have advantage in AoE and firepower. Esdeath's ice barrier would be shattered instantly via internal vibration. even if Esdeath use mahapadma what will she do after? freeze him? stab his heart? drop a gigantic ice boulder on him? whitebeard have experienced all of them and still alive

vote for WB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back