• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

White Haired Badasses Duel: Dante versus Geralt

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Volume 1 Dante versus Netflix Geralt (Both "At least 9-B")

Fight takes place in a desolate castle. Both start 10 metres apart. Both are in-character, but willing to kill. Speed is equalised. Geralt has prior knowledge about Dante, and has prepared with appropriate gear beforehand. Otherwise, SBA.

Geralt: "Steel is for humans. Silver is for monsters."

Dante: Spins Ebony & Ivory "You're gonna need both!"

Who will win?

The White Haired, Witty Badass with an Awesome Sword:

The Other White Haired, Witty Badass with an Awesome Sword:

They put down their weapons and admire their hair together:

Geralt of Rivia (Netflix)
Redgrave

Technically, yeah. The Netflix series thus far has been set during the events of The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny, with a slightly adjusted timeline and some more clarification on events, making it a bit different. So yeah, that's accurate.

I'm sick af but I can't miss this one

Geralt true way of winning this is via Mind Hax, which Dante don't resist and yes, he opened with it against Renfri, but it was because he was trying to convince her to leave Blaviken, he didn't wanted to fight her. Besides that, Dante's Regen will be a real pain for Geralt since it prevents decapitation (Vergil was cut in half and healed fast enough to avoid being separated, and he was very tired when he did this), Geralt can't really deal with his Regen, even with slashes on Dante's head (Since his Regen is Mid)

Then, Ebony and Ivory will eventually deconstruct our Witcher boi, also I believe they are comparable in Sword fight, Geralt has more experience but Dante is like supernatural with any kind of weapon, so I guess they will be comparable in this case

Does he have it in the Volume 1 key? I don't remember. :p

Also, I'd probably argue Geralt has more skill in a pure sword fight. Dante is extremely skilled, but when it comes to weapons he's more "talented". He can pick up anything and know exactly how to use it to an insane level. But Geralt has been training since he was a very young boy, under the most intensive training regiment known, and received genetic mutations to make him even better, all while being approximated to now be around 70-80 years old. Mix that with potions and elixirs, which can further enhance his senses, and I think I'd give Geralt a notable skill advantage.

Quen could potentially nullify and reflect Dante's bullets, which would probably nullify the deconstruction as well (since it would have to directly hit him for it to work).

So I think this match is still probably fair.

He should have? Dunno really but it comes down to "if the nexus Gilver creates has the same stuff as the demon world which we know can wrap the mind of men" then Dante resist and DMC3 Dante went there like nothing and came back.

IF the novel version doesn't have it he gets mind haxed here but I kinda want to know why it got taken away from DMC3 Dante.

Tony di bugalu said:
He should have? Dunno really but it comes down to "if the nexus Gilver creates has the same stuff as the demon world which we know can wrap the mind of men" then Dante resist and DMC3 Dante went there like nothing and came back.
IF the novel version doesn't have it he gets mind haxed here but I kinda want to know why it got taken away from DMC3 Dante.
The nexus essentially reality warps pieces of the human world into another demon world so it would definitely have all the properties of the demon world. Don't understand why it was taken from volume 1 and DMC3 Dante, it feels like I missed a CRT or something. It could've been a mistake...maybe?

Dante Demon Killah said:
I'm sick af but I can't miss this one

Geralt true way of winning this is via Mind Hax, which Dante don't resist and yes, he opened with it against Renfri, but it was because he was trying to convince her to leave Blaviken, he didn't wanted to fight her. Besides that, Dante's Regen will be a real pain for Geralt since it prevents decapitation (Vergil was cut in half and healed fast enough to avoid being separated, and he was very tired when he did this), Geralt can't really deal with his Regen, even with slashes on Dante's head (Since his Regen is Mid)

Then, Ebony and Ivory will eventually deconstruct our Witcher boi, also I believe they are comparable in Sword fight, Geralt has more experience but Dante is like supernatural with any kind of weapon, so I guess they will be comparable in this case
Dante's Mid was from the bullets to the head, there isn't an actual indication he would survive actual decapitation.

His regen might keep him from it, but not in the case where the head has fallen off.

>His regen might keep him from it, but not in the case where the head has fallen off.

That was his point tho, that his regen would keep the head in place as it is instant, not that he would regen from decapitation

Tony di bugalu said:
>His regen might keep him from it, but not in the case where the head has fallen off.

That was his point tho, that his regen would keep the head in place as it is instant, not that he would regen from decapitation
It's one hell of a maybe.

I say this because his Regenerationn from the bullet to the head wasn't instant compared to everything else, so I'd wager it wouldn't keep him from dying at all. It would probably sever the spinal cord which would then kill Dante.

I'd give it to Geralt based off that and the fact he has time to prepare.

Abstractions said:
It's one hell of a maybe.

I say this because his Regenerationn from the bullet to the head wasn't instant compared to everything else, so I'd wager it wouldn't keep him from dying at all. It would probably sever the spinal cord which would then kill Dante.

I'd give it to Geralt based off that and the fact he has time to prepare.
It likely was instant, Dante both volume 1 and DMC3 manga Dante have feats of easily regenerating brain damage akin to bullets. DMC3 manga regenerated from feather danmaku piercing his body and head and volume 1 regened from his entire body being riddled with bullets and point black shots to his face.

>I say this because his Regenerationn from the bullet to the head wasn't instant compared to everything else

It was instant tho

>It would probably sever the spinal cord which would then kill Dante.

Have you seen all the times Dante was impaled? His spinal cord has been severed a lot, heck, Vergil literally got cut in half (including spinal cord) and took it like nothing

Tony di bugalu said:
It was instant tho

>It would probably sever the spinal cord which would then kill Dante.

Have you seen all the times Dante was impaled? His spinal cord has been severed a lot, heck, Vergil literally got cut in half (including spinal cord) and took it like nothing
It actually wasn't, we must not be remembering the same scene.

Being cut in half the way Vergil was is Low-Mid, and no, it wasn't, I'm referring to the brain stem being severed to indicate decapitation.

Yes, I have, and none of them have actually indicated he would survive decapitation.

Dienomite22 said:
It likely was instant, Dante both volume 1 and DMC3 manga Dante have feats of easily regenerating brain damage akin to bullets. DMC3 manga regenerated from feather danmaku piercing his body and head and volume 1 regened from his entire body being riddled with bullets and point black shots to his face.
Not like this matters, as none of this actually refutes my argument. Bullets don't cause decap. unless they actually blast the head off, which we know they didn't.

>It actually wasn't, we must not be remembering the same scene.

He gets shot, staggers back s little, gets back to scream at her what the hell, then wiped the blood on his face.

He insta regened it

>Not like this matters, as none of this actually refutes my argument. Bullets don't cause decap. unless they actually blast the head off, which we know they didn't.

I say this because his Regenerationn from the bullet to the head wasn't instant compared to everything else

It literally refutes that.

Tony di bugalu said:
>It actually wasn't, we must not be remembering the same scene.

He gets shot, staggers back s little, gets back to scream at her what the hell, then wiped the blood on his face.

He insta regened it
He did not "stagger back a little", his posture actually indicates he fell to the ground, as if he was briefly stunned by it, also, a whole nine seconds passed before he yelled back at her, absolutely nothing about that scene suggests it was instant.

A blatant contradiction of a feat later in the series, but I guess.

Not an actual indicator he will recover from a direct slice through the neck though, as that is something that hasn't happened to him and is a completely different feat.

If anything, the DMC3feat is the outlier since DMC3 manga Dante performed a similiar feat and that happened before 3 aswell.

That's what everyone has been saying but Dante's regen has been shown to be instant and he has regen from spinal cord damage so it could be argued that it would be extremely tough to kill him by slicing his head off.

Anyways, in my adventure when creating the Torque's profile (A character from an unrelated game) it helped me realise that Volume 1 Dante should probably get an minor upgrade in AP and DB and some minor ability changes for the verse.

Dienomite22 said:
If anything, the DMC3feat is the outlier since DMC3 manga Dante performed a similiar feat and that happened before 3 aswell.

That's what everyone has been saying but Dante's regen has been shown to be instant and he has regen from spinal cord damage so it could be argued that it would be extremely tough to kill him by slicing his head off.

Anyways, in my adventure when creating the Torque's profile (A character from an unrelated game) it helped me realise that Volume 1 Dante should probably get an minor upgrade in AP and DB and some minor ability changes for the verse.
sigh

Geralt holds his sword length wise through Dante's neck so he can't regenerate over the blade, thus killing Dante.

How much would the changes impact the fight right now?

I mean it's maybe possible for Geralt to cut through Dante's head normally but seeing as this will mainly be a sword battle and they will be clashing swords alot, Dante's vastly superior lifting strength will be a problem for Geralt and Dante will likely be tossing Geralt with anything he does so I don't know if Geralt would be able be in a position to cut Dante's neck.

Also, how does speed equalize work here with Dante's guns?

It's not like Geralt hasn't fought stronger opponents though, I'd also like to think Geralt would be wary to let Dante toss him about, especially given how he knows about Dantes strengths and has been given time to prepare, Dante also isn't the type to not let himself be hit, it happens all the time with similarly skilled opponents and blocking everything isn't always on his mind granted he knows he can regenerate.

Also, that comment in particular was a joke.

Everything but weapons is equalized, it would be silly to assume Geralt would move at the same pace as Dante's bullets.

Has this Geralt fought against swordsmen with Class 5 lifting strength and comparable speed? Since he had prep I'd imagine he came prepared but would probably try to avoid a close range fight but the problem with that is this Dante is also a range fighter who has guns that are stronger than him. If weapons speed is unequalized then that would make this an easy stomp for Dante since E&I's bullet speed is fast by themselves for being comparable to Gilver and Dante and Dante's trigger finger speed is quite literally in the realm of machine gun fire.

Dienomite22 said:
Has this Geralt fought against swordsmen with Class 5 lifting strength and comparable speed?
No, but that's not really what my point was, I'm saying Dante is stronger but Geralt has dealt with monsters stronger than him so it's not like LS isn't something he can't work around.

I'd wager his knowledge of Dante would mean he'd like to keep it close or be prepared to use Quen, as he'd know that Dante likes gunplay.

What I'm saying is, fighting a big monster with Class 5 lifting strength is different from fighting an opponent with Class 5 lifting strength who is equal to you in speed and is extremely skilled as well.

Will Quen work with the LS difference and E&I's bullet and trigger squeeze speed?

Dienomite22 said:
What I'm saying is, fighting a big monster with Class 5 lifting strength is different from fighting an opponent with Class 5 lifting strength who is equal to you in speed and is extremely skilled as well.

Will Quen work with the LS difference and E&I's bullet and trigger squeeze speed?
Yes, but having knowledge of the advantages is helpful in advance is will of course dictate how he chooses to approach Dante.

Not sure if it is reliant on LS, as most Attack Reflection isn't unless it's physical based, and probably, if it's preemptive he'd be able to use it when Dante fires, there also isn't anything to suggest it wouldn't stop E&I's bullets.

How would Geralt approach someone like Dante even with prep? Surely he wouldn't get in close, at least not at the start.

Isn't Quen physical and has a limit to the amount of force it can take? E&I ripped through armor that this Dante could barely even dent even with swords.

He'd probably try to lead with something that messes with Dante's footing so he could go in for a strike, he attempted to immobilize the Striga at first.

What do you mean by that? If by origin no it's magic but its application does block physical strikes, and it's meant to take a single strike which is then redirected, so I don't know of any actual limit to it based off what we've seen.

If Quen is meant to take a single strike then how would that help against E&I machine gun barrage of bullets or even Dante attacking twice?

Dienomite22 said:
If Quen is meant to take a single strike then how would that help against E&I machine gun barrage of bullets or even Dante attacking twice?
I might have been reading it wrong, but it says that it's active until Geralt releases it, but it breaks after a certain amount of damage, which I'll assume is just higher than his durability if it scales to Aard.

It would mostly help with just reflecting it, it would certainly help him from being hit instantly or possibly stagger Dante if used close enough when shot.

If it works like the game, it would only block a 1 attack normally and when upgraded, that's when he would be able to create a literal forcefield but it doesn't last long. It could probably stagger Dante in close distances but if Dante used range then it wouldn't do anything except make Geralt tired.

Honestly depends if Dante chooses to shoot first, Geralt could probably gesture and close the gap in the time it takes Dante to fire if he rushes him, but idk.

I would bet that Dante would be faster in that scenario since raising arm to shoot > moving 10 meters with speed equalized but I guess it would depend if Dante shoots at the start which would probably be 55% of the time for this Dante.

I'll wait to see what others will have to say before giving more input.

Would he not in-character attempt to engage in swordplay with what appears to be another swordsman though?

Well, I personally don't think raising his arm to shoot + pulling the trigger necessarily outpaces a simple hand gesture while making the attempt to move forward 10 meters when both would be Subsonic still if we base equalization off the slower person, but we can agree to disagree.

Back