• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Witcher: Game Content Revision Megapost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Issue the First: AP/Speed

Let me start this post by saying we have major issues with our Witcher profiles as it stands, namely because I personally feel like most of the feats and abilities just came from W3 and were left at that. In actuality, Witcher is quite the formidable verse, with nearly five different storm creation feats between W1 and W3. I've calced one of the smaller storm feats from the first game, which came out as Small Town level+. No, this isn't an outlier.

It's actually a Low-End for the verse as a whole; Eredin has produced a storm on two occasions, his subordinates on another two, a mage on one, and a djin on another. Mages also have meteor feats, but they're too small to really surpass what I've calced.

Geralt defeats Eredin on two different occasions, and it was his weaker, Wraith form that did this feat.

So, Geralt and anyone who scales to him should be Low 7-C. That put, I'd argue that this doesn't scale to any characters who don't put a crazy fight against him, and even some bosses.

Also, this thread covers how Geralt and those who scale off him should at least by Transonic via being able to create sonic booms by moving.

Issue the Second: Book and Game Mingling
I am rather uncomfortable with us having Geralt's profile consider both book and game canon as one. CD Projekt Red's legal agreement with the author of the books actually states that one condition of them being able to make the games is that they would not be considered part of the book-canon, and there is a large number of inconsistencies such as Ciri's powers and abilities, her role against the White Frost, Geralt's past, I can go on.

It's not like the novel adds much to the games anyways, to be honest. Novels Geralt also has much less potent feats, although I'm still in the process of analyzing the novels.

I propose we remove references to the novels on our current Geralt profile, and rename it "Geralt of Rivia (Video Game)",and I will be prepping a seperate novel profile soon.

Issue the Third: Missing Abilities
Some characters are missing some abilities, and some shouldn't have some. Here's the list.

Gaunter O'Dimm

• Attack Potency should be changed to "Unknow, at least Small Town level+" While he does create a storm, we never see it, and can't quantify the feat. You can't even eyeball the feat, Geralt gets knocked out before we even see the outside of the ship. He should be vastly superior to Geralt/Eredin, however.
  • Precognition . He knows exactly how Geralt should act around Ciri to ensure the good ending of the game, and the fact that Geralt will find her. This is even when there is something "clouding his sight" around the event, presumably the Wild Hunt.
  • BFR. He can send Geralt into a pocket dimension. While it was discussed whether or not he created this dimension, he's able to teleport Geralt into it on a whim, and should be able to apply that to combat.
  • Non-Physical Interaction/Pain Manipulation. Causes a non-corporeal ghost to reel back and beg for mercy, and ejects it from Geralt's body while casually biting an apple. "Sent him back whence he came", also, so some more support for BFR? Also, this should replace "Spiritual Awarness", which I think is what whoever made the profile thought that power was.
  • "Night-Omniscient (could answer any Geralt question with the exception of the location of Ciri)" should be removed. That's the most pathetic excuse for Omniscience/Nigh-Omniscience I've seen in my life. This isn't even what happens in the game, Geralt just asks him where Ciri is and he says he can't see her. Should be changed to "Unknown, likely substantially high (Knows a variety of information about the past, present, and future)".
  • "Evil Incarnate", "Beeing incarnation of evil means he will never cease to exist as he is evil iself." Should be removed. for terrible spelling for obvious reasons. There is absolutely nothing supporting him having the abstract existence this implies. This was likely added because of a statement from one of the researchers Olgeird hired, however this is more than likely a hyperbole, as nothing is added to that statement.
  • There's also just a huge number of poor grammar and structuring I'd like to fix on the guy's profile.
  • I don't remember when he could grant Type 7, but I may be wrong.
Geralt of Rivia

Ciri

• As stated above, she should have her Novel key removed. I would rather have the game and novel profiles separated, as they have nothing to do with eachother.
  • As stated above, she should scale to Geralt by virtue of being able to trade blows with Caranthir Ar-Feiniel, who later fights Geralt (In fact, she's more successful than Geralt in harming him).
  • Sound Manipulation - See this. Even Eredin can't get close.
Mages

• Mages like Triss shouldn't be physically comparable to Geralt and co., but should scale to him w/magic. Caranthir and other Wild Hunt members should also have Weather Manipulation, as they passively and actively cause storms around themselves.

I'm cool with proposed changes, Dargoo is pretty vastly knowledgeable on the verse and I've been trying to help when I can.

Basically the man knows his stuff, the calcs to support this are A-Okay, so yeah, go for it.

I suppose that this seems fine, but I don't know if it is important enough for a highlight.

Antvasima said:
I suppose that this seems fine, but I don't know if it is important enough for a highlight.
Oh. It affects the verse as a whole, but if you feel like it isn't worth a highlight, you can remove it.

Not familiar with the verse, but these changes seem reasonable.

Even though I'm unfamiliar with the verse, this seems to make sense.

Since there seems to be a lot of agreement on this revision, is it alright if I begin implementing it, or should I wait for some more input?

@Dark

Out of five supporters two are inactive, one has "left for a while", one hasn't posted in a month, and one only has 300 edits.

I have messaged the last, however.

Fair enough, I suppose it can be implemented since several staff members find it reasonable.

I remember disagreeing with that one user on AP, so I'll hold off on implementing that for now, however I will begin adding powers, clean-up, and speed.

Also, I'm going to list Gaunter as Town level for his "At least" AP, if that's alright. He's vastly superior to any mage, made a storm that was likely hundreds of times bigger than Eredin's near-instantly, etc., and the rest of the verse is only a few kT away from that tier.

It has been nearly a week since I messaged one of the only active Witcher supporters, and that other guy I dissagreed with on AP.

I will add Low 7-C+ AP for tha magic of powerful magi and the Wild Hunt, however dura and physical AP should remain the same for them.

9-A seems like a good cap for Geralt and the physical top tiers of the verse for now.

Alright, the changes have been implemented. I will close this, and if there are any questions/objections about the verse revisions, please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back