• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Which Precognition users should have Analytical Prediction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the Analytical Prediction was made and I edited the original page to account for the new page, it said;

Precognition may be based on any number of factors; it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation, mathematical predictions, or through some unspecified magical or astronomical means, among any other number of abilities.
I think this is all that's necessary and requires minimal revisions beyond dealing with the Analytical Prediction category and links (which a redirect can help with).

switch fate analytical prediction back to Precognition

Make the page a redirect to precog and add it as a type to precog I think

'Kay, I think we've gotten enough approvals to go through with it.

Let's get Eficiente's opinion and we can get to work.

I was hoping on Wokistan's opinion about doing the redirect, since he suggested the separation in the first place. I've told him about it but he hasn't responded, so I guess we can just implement it anyway.

I personally don't mind waiting for Wokistan to respond here, but if other staff members think that we should go ahead with the changes, I would appreciate their help to apply them.

Promestein said:
Before the Analytical Prediction was made and I edited the original page to account for the new page, it said;: Precognition may be based on any number of factors; it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation, mathematical predictions, or through some unspecified magical or astronomical means, among any other number of abilities.
I think this is all that's necessary and requires minimal revisions beyond dealing with the Analytical Prediction category and links (which a redirect can help with).
The suggestion looks fine, to me.

I am fine with a redirect as I have personally seeing cases that were super subjective as Precognition or Analytical Prediction. So, the redirect is the best solution, in my view.

Should we write analytical prediction as a sub-section of the Precognition page or not?

Also, is somebody willing to ask Eficiente and Wokistan to comment here?

Yes, but asking them and waiting for a day or two is still a better approach.

Again, we can just have the thing there saying that the manner of Precognition should be described on whoever's page, and that bit saying that there's a lot of ways it may be achieved.

Promestein said:
Again, we can just have the thing there saying that the manner of Precognition should be described on whoever's page, and that bit saying that there's a lot of ways it may be achieved.
This point is fine with me.

Alright, so should we keep this simple and just create a redirect, and possibly update the Precognition page then?

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Given how many powers and abilities sections that currently link via the "analytical prediction" title, I still think that it might be useful to at least briefly mention it within the precognition page though.

Bump

Is there anything left to do here anymore? The edits have been carried out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back