• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Where Does Dragon Ball's 2-B Rating Come From?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kepekley23 said:
I know about the ultimate, that's how I learned how to play the game, Majin Vegeta is a pretty fast character with combos and with his first super, also his blast allows him to go MAX mode. He is pretty challenging the first time you play but with a lot of hours he can be one of the best of the game.

The top tiers of the game are Gogeta SSJ4, Super Vegeto, Kid Buu and SS Gogeta, and some other guy Im probably missing so its almost expected for someone to just win with them.

Also lol, I prefer Tapion for the swords guys.

I'm pretty certain a few verses we have here have the Many Worlds Interpretation, but to far higher extremities:

That would remind me: Where would Demigra (XV) [AKA the weakest of the 2-B's canonically] fit on the 2-B Scale ? He would definitely be above baseline for sure.

Then you remember that Demigra is weaker than ROF SSB Goku in Xenoverse .... MUI Goku and above Tiers in XV are busted.

If what I´m reading is right, Mario and Goku are pretty much the same in AP.

In other words, I agree with Kep.

@Tony

Tapion is legitimately my favorite filler-only character, and I always use him as an username on the DBZ forums I participate on.

GT is 'canon' to Xenoverse (Xenoverse directly having Towa reference DBO and having strong ties with DBH) as an alternate timeline. There is no specific event within the story or elsewhere that would result in the GT Universe existing. It simply exists.

So, really. That in itself should count as evidence that other possible timelines can exist without time travel in the XV/DBO/DBH canon. I'm not sure about the actual canon however as the only real link to this being the case is one statement by Trunks which could easily be retconned or false. Still there is plenty of evidence and reasoning to support a Many Worlds multiverse in extended material.

Still think that the "history is not finite" statement, which at the very least means transfinite, makes it 2-A according to our tiering system.

Transfinite isn't 2-A because it's short of infinity.

AKM sama said:
Still think that the "history is not finite" statement, which at the very least means transfinite, makes it 2-A according to our tiering system.
I feel like that should be a separate CRT due to how controversial 2-A DB would be.

Dragon is right, it also seems that the OP's question has been answered, so it's probably better to close the thread.

I just want to make sure everyone is in concordance with the cosmology size.

Matthew made clear his disagreements with it, and I think he deserves the right to come back and try and debunk Kep's logic.

I agree too. There are still people who disagree and need to give their reasoning on why they disagree so we can have a proper answer for the OP.

DMUA said:
Transfinite isn't 2-A because it's short of infinity.
2-A = Characters who can destroy and/or create a countably infinite number of 4-dimensional universal space-time continuums.

Countably infinte is transfinite. According to our tiering system, it doesn't have to be absolute infinite to be considered 2-A.

As kep said, therea are multiple statements not just from the DBZ manga, such as infinite history, infiinite possibilities, infinitely expanding etc

Kepekley23 said:
I can't really tell, but I'm pretty sure it must be a lot considering the Many-Worlds Interpretation is the most popular theory for alternate universes.
Probably less than you think (among the 2-Bs). A lot of verses following the Many-Worlds Interpretation also end up having an infinite multiverse sooner or later.

There are also a bunch of franchises where the multiverse is kinda just there and people don't blow it up

Wait, so they're have no feat of destroy or create atleast 1001 universe? Because its weird to think "travel to past and alter the current timeline which results is the born of new timeline = to create universe" its just cosmology even someone who have time travel ability can do that, and they have no creation ability on their profile

And what's make this weird is where is the main timeline? And what happen to another timeline if the main timeline is destroyed?

"And what's make this weird is where is the main timeline? And what happen to another timeline if the main timeline is destroyed?"

Uh, there is no main timeline? There's multiple references to GT, Super, Original Dragon Ball, Heroes' own continuity, and movie spin-offs (Toeiverse) so there isn't a singular "set" timeline.

Assuming it's destroyed by someone without Acausality, another main timeline will pop into existence as a consequence of their actions. Another timeline where they decide NOT to destroy the timeline. However if said being is exempt from the entire Time thing entirely then it'll cause everything to go uncomprehensibly screwy; which is what the Time Patrollers tries to prevent.

"Wait, so they're have no feat of destroy or create atleast 1001 universe? Because its weird to think "travel to past and alter the current timeline which results is the born of new timeline = to create universe" its just cosmology even someone who have time travel ability can do that, and they have no creation ability on their profile"

... What? Dragon Ball at it's worst is way beyond 1000 universes; into the "You literally cannot count the amount" territory of number. Also no, I'm pretty sure we (So far) debunked the fact that only time travellers create new timelines. Of course even if it was, why would they need the Creation ability on their profile?

If the Multiverse Theory were a thing in real life and my every decision caused a new timeline to be created, does that give me the ability Creation? I don't think so?

I mean they not create their own universe but the dumb cosmology does, So to rate them 2B just because consequence of their action is weird,since its not their own power

And so far as i know even zeno Best feat is destroyed less than 10 universe

Not only that, but Toki Toki's eggs can form new Hystories, which from my understandings, contain their own multiverse with their own set of timelines.

GLHF22 said:
I mean they not create their own universe but the dumb cosmology does,
So to rate them 2B just because consequence of their action is weird,since its not their own power

Zeno =/= Xeno. We are talking about the Xeno characters which can destroy their Multiverse.

GLHF22 said:
I mean they not create their own universe but the dumb cosmology does,
So to rate them 2B just because consequence of their action is weird,since its not their own power

They're not being rated 2-B just because a consequence of their actions. Demigra in his BASE form was threatening the entire Multiverse; as in. ALL of it. And Xeno Goku and co are superior to that Demigra by leagues.

While we're not talking about Zen'O here, your second statement is also false. He destroyed the entire timeline which includes all of the Universes. The Dragon Ball Multiverse (As in, not timelines) is 12 in number. So "Destroying less than 10" isn't... exactly correct.

Edit:

"Not only that, but Toki Toki's eggs can form new Hystories, which from my understandings, contain their own multiverse with their own set of timelines."

Well, assuming the eggs are similar in power to TokiToki himself, they do indeed have the potential power to do that. TokiToki has the power to manipulate all of time itself; another being of similar power should theoretically be capable of creating an entirely new multiverse with their own timelines just as grand as the original.

Yeah, they aren't 2-B because of their actions. They are 2-B because there are characters who can threaten all of history throughout the multiverse.

@RotofBots

Warren Valion said:
I just want to make sure everyone is in concordance with the cosmology size.
Matthew made clear his disagreements with it, and I think he deserves the right to come back and try and debunk Kep's logic.
This ^

At this point we're going to wait forever without a counter presenting itself or any updates.

...Why does that sound rather familiar? OvO

Well, if they disagree but never show any arguements and this is something that doesn't effect the tier. We can just use this interpretation since everyone but a few disagree until those that disagree come up with reasons for why they disagree.

I'll summon Matt back to make his last stand. I believe it to be fair.

Edit: I have done so.

I am currently watching through TFS's Playthrough of Xenoverse. I may finish it one day and then I'll know how to properly answer. At that point, I'll make a thread if need be.

D╠Âo╠Ân╠Ât╠ ╠Âg╠Âe╠Ât╠ ╠Âd╠Âi╠Âs╠Ât╠Âr╠Âa╠Âc╠Ât╠Âe╠Âd╠ ╠Âb╠Ây╠ ╠ÂD╠Âu╠Âm╠Âp╠Âl╠Âi╠Ân╠Â'╠Âs╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠Âa╠Âu╠Ât╠Âi╠Âf╠Âu╠Âl╠ ╠Âf╠Âa╠Âc╠Âe╠Â

Agreed that Xenoverse and Heroes is not just making timelines through time travel alone. Far to much proof on the contrary like Kep outlined.

I personally consider them to have infinite timelines though currently existing since Fu states that the History of the Multiverse is not finite, which means it is infinte.

@SSJRyu A mod actually said that he agrees with that assessment... I believe... AKM-sama said he thinks similarly. But, that should be taken to a new thread to be thoroughly discussed.

Matt's going through Xenoverse so maybe we could have a discussion on that if he finds anything of note. Other than that, this is specifically for 2-B.

Yeah lots of people agree with 2-A, and lots more are OK if it is passed or not. Including several mods and admins, and most of the people who know DB well tbf. So in reality it's not that it's "rejected", it's that there is some disagreement, so rather than implement it, it has just been left in limbo on the site since it's "controvertial". Either way for me personally I consider it accurate to state that the multiverse has infinite timelines.

That all being said i'm kinda bored of repeating why I consider it 2-A in size, and although I would support anybody who wants to do a therad on it that has a little more say on the site than me, i'm not interested in doing one myself at this time. So im not gonna discuss it further here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back