• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Where Does Dragon Ball's 2-B Rating Come From?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the statement of "many different futures are created over the smallest of things, not time changes." is valid.

So, if Multiverse Theory applies to Dragon Ball. Every smallest decision or change creates a new timeline and such.

Akreious said:
If the statement of "many different futures are created over the smallest of things, not time changes." is valid.
So, if Multiverse Theory applies to Dragon Ball. Every smallest decision or change creates a new timeline and such.
Exactly.

The thing is that people on the wiki are discorded when it comes to whether or not the Many-Worlds Interpretatio applies to Dragon Ball.

Timelines being created only by time travel would require arguing that half of the time patrollers you talk are lying, that Chronoa herself is lying, among other things.

Trunks's statement is correct.

Kepekley23 said:
Timelines being created only by time travel would require arguing that half of the time patrollers you talk are lying, that Chronoa herself is lying, among other things.
Trunks's statement is correct.
Believe me, I agree with the sentiment, but it seems others on the wiki don't.

I'm pretty sure 2-B expansive Xenoverse has been accepted for, like, years, and by numerous threads.

This thread (not talking about the original poster, merely the thread itself) is the result of what I call the "Cycle of VS Debating".

First, a character ends up being either inflated or upgraded. Then, as a response to the original upgrade/inflation, someone decides to try and downgrade or downplay the character. Then it comes full circle.

We're currently on Phase 2 of the Cycle - the 2-A attempt a few months ago has made people eager to respond back.

Well I mean. Time Breakers actively causes paradoxes in singular timelines which is what the Time Patrollers are trying to prevent. Timelines only created via Time Travel is a misconception (Well, at least I think it is) from DBS and the Time Ring fiasco. If no new timelines are created naturally, then how did an uncountable amount of timelines come to be in the first place? Unless you're telling me that there was an uncountable amount of Time Travellers from one original timeline.

If we take the Multiverse Theory and apply it to Dragon Ball, wouldn't this give Time Breakers and people who scales a stronger version of Acausality as well? Since them causing paradoxes and breaking timelines would've already happened since they decided to do it, thereby creating a new timeline? If no new timeline is spawned, that means that they're just flat out exempt from the system.

Well I mean, sort of makes sense. The Demon Realm has no "Time" so I guess it works?

That's what I've said.

This thread viewed the Many-Worlds Interpretation as something that applies to Dragon Ball as a means of upgrading a canon character.

And there is this blog that says the same, but for some reason, on the Xeno Goku VS Mario thread, people stated otherwise.

Sooo if I understand correctly:

• DBH = Countless universes and inside them, each possibility create another Timeline, it's basically Countless x Possibilities
True?

Dragon Ball Heroes and Dragon Ball Xenoverse have countless timelines, with each timeline having 12 universes. Each possibility spawns a timeline, and there are infinite possibilities which are constantly spawning timelines.

Ergo, 2-B.

The Many-Worlds Interpretation cosmology is rather popular actually.

Although Dragon Ball's timelines having 12-18 Universes in them make the multiverse slightly bigger than others.

The only other 2-B multiverse that is bigger than one that uses the Many-Worlds Interpretation, is an ever-growing one.

A multiverse that grows infinitely. but never reaches infinity.

Technically, if there are infinite possibilities in the DBX/DBH universe that are expanding gradually, then it's also an ever-growing multiverse that grows endlessly.

Of course Demigra somehow overloaded that cause reasons

Kepekley23 said:
Technically, if there are infinite possibilities in the DBX/DBH universe that are expanding gradually, then it's also an ever-growing multiverse that grows endlessly.
Wait what?

****. It's even bigger than I thought then.

Well, Heroes's canon draws from literally every single game out there and I remember very vividly from having just finished Budokai Tenkaichi 3's campaign with my younger brother yesterday, that the narrator for the "What If" Saga states that there are infinite alternate possibilities.

Plus, it's stated many times that the possibilities are endless.

I can't really tell, but I'm pretty sure it must be a lot considering the Many-Worlds Interpretation is the most popular theory for alternate universes.

The real cal howard said:
@Kep. What other franchises fall under this?
From memory, Zero Escape would fall under this, except even more ridiculously high. Too bad nobody scales to it

I feel like the Many-Worlds Interpretation isn't as ubiquitous as one would think, because there are so many franchises that would just rather say infinite.

But if Getbackers gets downgraded to 2-B, it will be one as the multiverse is based on "all possibilities".

CrimsonStarFallen said:
@Warren They legit say even the movement of air creates new timelines.
Oh, I see.

Well if Kep is right, then Zero Escape has literally infinite fewer possibilities than Dragon Ball though.

Majin Vegeta's Ultimate requires HP, though. Pretty bad if I say so myself.

Yeah, Kid Boo is a freaking near untouchable God in the game. He is really fast, can recharge HP and he charges his ki fast. I'm a Hard Mode guy, so I took a few hours to beat him in the Stor Mode.

Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta is freaking unbelievable though. It's to be expected, but I hardly miss even one hit if I'm playing with him. I also like playing with Janemba (both forms, the fat one has a really cool ultimate attack and doesn't get stunned by uncharged attacks, and Super Janemba has cool attacks and I like sword-using characters) and...wait for it...Yajirobe.

...He uses swords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back