• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

When the World Ends, can an Anchor still crush a Spider?

...In commemoration of me somehow managing to complete that profile that I wanted to do since long ago...

Totally doing this.

Low 2-C Taiyomu vs Low 2-C Atlach-Nacha.

Taiyomu's theme / Atlach's Theme

84651f3acc0fdbf6608c248f95fbfa72
Anchor GG

AtlachNacha Sipsi2
lulCodexWebgitgud

The Theme song for the match is The World End for obvious reasons and otherwise, no holds barred. Anything can be thrown around here to make this be more interesting. I'll stay around until this thread is concluded just because I'm very curious about the results here.

Takes place at Judgement Day.
Judgment Day (Stage)
Who wins and why?

Taiyomu says "lolthatopposesme". That web will not help, because that opposes her and just gets countered by High 1-A bull.

Web effects are written in the Codex, which just so happens to be the OR's very own "compendium".

Good luck nulling that. Also the web doesn't oppose her. It just stays there.

It's not even considered a power in the Codex: it will oppose Taiyomu as much as air floating around opposes her. It will "hope" for anything as much as a random spider web has any sort of feelings.

If she gets to being "touched" by it through whatever means, then she is not considered as Taiyomu but Prey. Meaning her powers will not properly respond as, as far as Atlach's web is concerned, it's opposing Prey - not even that: "The Prey suicided by walking into it" is the foundation of the power.

Taiyomu's power description lists "anything that opposes her (Taiyomu)" while the Web only makes anything touching it work as prey.

The powers of Taiyomu would respond to her if she got caught as much as they would to a random fly in a random spider web out there.

That would count as opposition. Even if indirect like that. (If it was like that, then a kill aura would work on her). Either way, being pushed to it (or whatever happens) would also count as opposing her so I don't even see any High 1-A attempts of trying to get her into the thing to begin with.

This is stalemate at best, but Taiyomu ain't letting that web get her, so I give it to her. (unless you can spawn the web on her)

Should probably mention that the "loloppose" also gets caught in the web field around her as an adverse effect, so that thing about "lolnope" can go both ways.

The effect trying to work on Atlach would get entangled in and discarded by the web without touching a hair strand of the spider.

Drag-O-Drawgon said:
That would count as opposition. Even if indirect like that. (If it was like that, then a kill aura would work on her). Either way, being pushed to it (or whatever happens) would also count as opposing her so I don't even see any High 1-A attempts of trying to get her into the thing to begin with.
This is stalemate at best, but Taiyomu ain't letting that web get her, s
Trying to interact with or affect Atlach >>> Has to get through the web fields for that >>> Doesn't even know the fields exist from the get-go >>> If she knows, she will still have to find a way to interact with Atlach without touching it, while Atlach herself does not "kindly" stay put >>> "Isn't letting the web touch her" >>> ...What?

So, yeah. Make a mistep on her actions and she's caught.

That does not count as opposition. You breathing air does not make the air be suddenly fighting you. A kill aura is a power that targets someone or the field around. Something that works like a spider web is simply staying there. It has 0 targets in mind. Made even more extreme in this case as it's treated the same as a natural thing like some random object.

By that logic the anchor would be rekting everything around Taiyomu all the time if even scenery is considered opposition.

Drag-O-Drawgon said:
Oh look, a High 1-A battle in disguise. So inconclusive.
Theoretically speaking, both have means of putting the other down. They don't have High 1-A Durability so depending on how the match happens, they *might* find one opening to win.

If Atlach can stay in the match long enough and wear Taiyomu down, even if she doesn't get caught in a web she eventually tires (Taiyomu's very own profile lists that prep stuff is a problem for her and the webs are already there from before Time itself, plus non infinite stamina).

If Taiyomu finds an opening in the web fields somehow, there's the possibility she wins by I dunno, some of those hax combo of hers. Maybe Siamese can explain something better.

Other than that, if you try to argue potency of the hax here, then yeah you can't. Hence why I'm arguing MECHANICS of the abilities. Both work with particular conditions, even if both are extremely abrangent.

Power nulling and turning Taiyomu to "prey", whether or not it's done directly or indirectly, with her in mind or not will count. It literally says "There are many applications to this ability but what has been stated before generally applies to anything that can give her opponent an advantage over her which includes but is not limited to"

(Ok, I'm late on posting this and I saw your other stuff, but I'll put this here for reference)

The definition of Taiyomu's ability lists it as "Opposing Taiyomu/her." the Web does not fulfill that condition because 1. It does not oppose anything. It just stays there and is treated like scenery. 2. If anything touches it, it's not considered what it was. Taiyomu's "loloppose" powers respond to what opposes Taiyomu. Problem being: The web ignores that what it interacts with is something else. It's just "prey".

Hence why I said "loloppose" would respond to her if she was caught as much as it would respond to a normal insect randomly flying somewhere, which is precisely what she is to the Web from the beginning.

And as said above, the web is not considered a power either. It's no different in fundamental mechanics from air or scenery. The case in point is that whatever interacts with it does so as prey.

"Giving an advantage over Taiyomu" is not happening from the functionality of the web: What's happening is "Some prey (which is not Taiyomu, much like any insect isn't her) threw itself in the web. Powers respond to Taiyomu. But this here IS NOT Taiyomu. No rule/law or effect in the natural order of Creation is being posed to anything other than Prey."

Hey, no problem!

Either way, your vote is still counted.

I actually agree that this being Inconclusive may very well be the most likely scenario (though not only because of lolHigh1-Ahaxgggitgud, but because both seem to have about equal pros and cons to exploit in the several possible situations, so it sounds close enough that I cannot make a call).

I'm just explaining the mechanics of this stuff too, and waiting for Siamese's point in this.

Good lord, this is some really specific stuff...I never considered this with the whole opposition thing...

Okay, so if I understand correctly, the way this web ability works is by considering it's target as just being prey. Nothing more, nothing less. Taiyomu isn't Taiyomu to it, she's just prey, right?

If that's how it works, theeeeen here's the shocking revealing truth!

Okay this God that is protecting her and giving her anchor "KONO POWA" is...likely going to be very suspicious of this web...Like, anything possible that results in her being considered not her sounds like something the anchor would...nope. In fact, the anchor would likely change the very properties of the web itself so that it doesn't consider Taiyomu - and specifically Taiyomu - prey. It changes anything and bends reality to be good for Taiyomu, and would logically immediately know that this web could potentially just see Taiyomu as not Taiyomu and only as prey, and well...I'm just repeating myself at this point. It could change the very natural order if it sees something like this.

(this anchor is just a little too lovey yandere towards it's waifu)

Ahem, anyway...Unless I'm mistaken, then the Anchor should be able to nope the web.

If I'm wrong, then I'll be inconclusive as well...

The anchor can't quite nope the web as at that point we would be entering the potency vs potency territory, which can't be argued as the scale of both are on that threshold that really doesn't allow for debating (same way I can't outright say the web nopes the anchor, just discuss whether or not it bypasses activation).

As we can't say that the OR > Your High 1-A or Vice-Versa, if the Anchor and the Web directly clashed, we couldn't even speculate on what happens Huge explosion, everyone dies???. Hence why I decided to argue this thread on the mechanics of activation:

If the Anchor actually threw stuff back at Atlach Nacha, the resulting effects of that (i. e.: Atlach gets treated as prey?) would end up entangled in the Web. Since that stuff came from the web in the first place and the scale doesn't really change, needless to say that even if we were to assume and give priority on activation to the anchor, it would discarded all the same, putting the two in a loop of sorts that goes as follows:

Web effect >>> Codex Warps >>> Anchor filters >>> Anchor throws it back at Atlach >>> Web Filters >>> Web Discards >>> They both get out of it ultimately unscathed >>> Since it was thrown back to it, Anchor interacted with Web >>> Web effect... >>> Anchor... >>> Rinse and repeat.

This funny loop only happens if we actually give priority to one or another, but on potency alone, it's impossible to be arguing any actual clashing here.

It's an Inconclusive in my eyes, yes, due to one out of these possibilities:

1. They both activate. The potency of the hax clash. Impossible to determine which comes out on top.

2. They both activate but the anchor takes priority, the web counters, rinse and repeat the aforementioned loop.

3. The anchor does not respond. The web will only activate if "touched" by Taiyomu through any means as the anchor itself is not trying to interact with it. Extremely hard to call who comes out on top as one mistep on Taiyomu's end may get her caught and One-shotted, while similar mistake on Atlach's end can get her oneshotted by one or another of Taiyomu's negating hax, if she finds opening in the field.

4. They both activate and clash, everything explodes and both girls die.

5. They give up on figuring out and make a non-agression pact.

It's a bunch of speculative results, all of them ending up inconclusive and none of then can really be taken as the absolute end result here as far as I can see, but still.

Pretty interesting to argue hax mechanics and activation rather than simply potency like this!

Inconclusive then.

Also the effect would reverse and give Tai a bunch of nice buffs by playing around and frollicing in it. Or even better, she turns into a predator. So then we can have this.

Also yeah, this was fun lol. I should make more characters like Tai for some more interesting matches like this!

One more question, does the anchor reverse everything to level of High 1-A in that key? For example, if you try to reduce Taiyomu's power by 0.0000000001%, she gets insanely OP?

Preda-Taiyomu? Do want. o/

Well, taking into consideration that it's not considered a power or a change per se, theoretically speaking no change to the victim would happen.

Reversion of the Prey thing, if at all possible, would result in that aspect being ignored. Kind of like if the OR decided the word Prey is no more in use or something. But at that point it's useless to argue on that too since it would be yet another scenario where they ultimately go "Can what this power is supposed to do be reversed/bypassed/discarded by the other?" which leads us yet again to the OR bickering with your High 1-A in some meta-pokergame to decide which happens.

MEANWHILE, AT THE DEPTHS OF A PLANE IMPRONUNCIABLE TO HUMANS...

THE OR AND THE HIGH BEING OF THE ABYSS OF DREAMS WERE HAVING AN EXCHANGE AS THEY OBSERVED THIS BATTLE...

(*The following exchange will be removed of any philosophical meaning for better human understanding)

32-MK-00155
"Stop... Stop that! Stop trying to mess with my dictionary, you jerkbag!"
"Lady, your definition of prey makes no sense."

"I *AM* THE SENSE!"

"Don't play smart with me."

"Who even writes about hope these days?"

"WELL EXCUSE ME IF I'M NOT SOME EDGELORD WRITTING ELDRITCH SPIDERS!"

"Oh, you wouldn't..."

"YES I WOULD!""

"You and me. Now. One on one me newb!"

"What, you mad-? Are you mad at-"

"YES. I *AM* MAD. ABSOLUTELY LIVID."

• incessant bickering intensifies.

This irl

Lol, the God is like just...the god of all concepts in existence so that would include things like edginess and spiders. He's a fun guy and understands everyone's viewpoint because he's the god of veiwpoints as well...but still is yandere for his little hope waifu so yeah~

Let me continue this

"I'M COMING FOR YOU NOW!"

"Calm down" *Attempts to stop by controlling the concept of rage and fails*

"WHAT DID YOU JUST TRY DOING?!"

"U-uhhh...welll...do you see those legs of yours?"

"YES, WHAT ABOUT THEM!?"

"I can use them to my advantage as well"

"DON'T EVEN TRY TO ATTACK"

AAAAAAAHHHH!

The OR intended to set stuff in stone first and foremost, but then ultimately changed its mind (for an unknown reason) and allowed a few "potentials" in particular to interact with it under the right conditions and circumstances, for the sake of letting them redirect results that would be otherwise absolute (for better or worse, which it knows, while the users usually don't).

That's why ocasionally there's a spike in tiers around my verses for special parts of the story or extremely rare skills like this one with Atlach and then some in MS. Or, to a lesser extent, like what it made possible for Gale to achieve High 2-A (if only for a really short while) or NAOMI to get a spike in her Space-Time capabilities.

If we are talking about the purpose behind this, then yeah, that one is something for the end of not one, but all of my series. XD

Also your High 1-A wins via manipulating the concept of Gtfoing, as that technique obviously evades any possible attempts to attack it and makes the OR ultimately ragequit.

Anyways, it's three for Inconclusive.

I guess I'll go ahead and add this to Atlach's profile.

Thanks a lot for providing input too, Siamese and Drawgon!

Done here!

Anyways, guess that's about it. I'll be looking forward to your answer on the comments I left for Taiyomu later on. o/

Back