• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whats your favorite tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW Tier 2 and above are pretty much boring cause they're so powerful that nobody can beat out of them and it's very hard also very casual when it comes to fighting or wait they don't even have to fight cause they're just "that" casual.

Mico09 said:
BTW Tier 2 and above are pretty much boring cause they're so powerful that nobody can beat out of them and it's very hard also very casual when it comes to fighting or wait they don't even have to fight cause they're just "that" casual.
Geez, everyone is now trying to make Tier 2 look bad...

I'll stick with my second favorite, Tier 9.

I love tier 7 because I'm used to making profiles in the MSPA (Problem Sleuth) verse for characters around that level.

I like Tier 6 because Touhou. I love Touhou.

I love Tier 8 because JoJo is my favorite fictional verse ever.

I also love tier 10, more specifically low 10-C because it's so pathetic.

I love Tier 4 because Solar System Level just sounds so cool. Also Kirby is one of my favorite characters in fiction, who is multi-solar system level. I've associated Tier 4-A with Kirby ever since I first saw his profile, before I even joined wikia.

I also like Tier 5 because planet busters are cool I guess.

I love tiers 2 and 1 because that's when things get extra philosophical. I love the concept of higher dimensional beings, multiverses, space-time, alternate realities, all that horse malarkey. There's just something about the philosophical idea that there is something out there beyond our capacity to comprehend, and then more beings out there that boundlesly transcend that power, and then even more entities that transcend that, is an idea that makes me all fanboyish and excited on the inside. There's so much discussion that can go on, just regarding where these characters should be placed on the tier list, which makes it so interesting.

Also, "Hyperverse" sounds freakin' awesome.

But then there's tier 0 which is just boring.

My fave Tiers are 8,7, and 6 everything else is too op and also what is the point of having an environment if a character can blow it up in one shot? Also to make up for these tiers maybe give the characters some hax abilities and watch them destroy even some Tier 2 characters apart

I personally like tier 9 characters as most of these characters from this tier have really good depth and are generally well written.

I also love Tier 8 because JoJo characters dominate it.

If you're Multi-City Block Level and massively faster than light, combined with ludicrous hax, you've pretty much already solo'd off 90% of tier 8.

Heck, even regular SoL or Relativistic would blitz most of the competition.

There's plenty of characters who are cool but don't have anything superhuman about them, like the guys in the more down to death sports anime and hikaru no go characters...

..they just don't make for good fighting matches lol

A Sword Dancer said:
There's plenty of characters who are cool but don't have anything superhuman about them, like the guys in the more down to death sports anime and hikaru no go characters...

..they just don't make for good fighting matches lol
Tiers don't matter if the character has cool hax, just look at 10 tier characters in gokukoku no brynhildr

Tier 3. It will always hold a soft place in my heart because it will always remind me of the day my favorite anime, Dragon Ball, broke all expectations and surpassed what had been considered to be the "hypothetical" 4-B tier if people were being "generous": September 26, 2015. For the versus community, it was akin to the Shot Heard Round the World.

The Queen Diclonius said:
Tier 3. It will always hold a soft place in my heart because it will always remind me of the day my favorite anime, Dragon Ball, broke all expectations and surpassed what had been considered to be the "hypothetical" 4-B tier if people were being "generous": September 26, 2015. For the versus community, it was akin to the Shot Heard Round the World.
Everyone who isn't a massive dbz fan isn't by default a 'downplayer', nor does anyone who is not a massive dbz fan necessarily care enough about any random feat that shows up to compare a feat to the american revolution.

Tier 2. A good balance of interest and power (both Hax and no Hax). Tier 1+ are too much WUT for me and Tier 3-, don't thrill me that much (perhaps because I like the godly image that Tier 2 gives).

A Sword Dancer said:
Everyone who isn't a massive dbz fan isn't by default a 'downplayer', nor does anyone who is not a massive dbz fan necessarily care enough about any random feat that shows up to compare a feat to the american revolution.
Did I claim everyone who hates DBZ is a downplayer? No. And do you realize that you are TALKING to an American? I just meant that it was a big deal for Dragon Ball fans and the versus community because the common consensus seemed to be that DBZ would NEVER rise to Tier 3 without serious loophole abuse and a lot of technical jargon to make it so. September 26, 2015 was the day that would prove worldwide that DBZ could be 3-C and above and on its own merits. You're putting words into my mouth. Please don't do that.

A Sword Dancer said:
Did I claim everyone who hates DBZ is a downplayer? No. And do you realize that you are TALKING to an American? I just meant that it was a big deal for Dragon Ball fans and the versus community because the common consensus seemed to be that DBZ would NEVER rise to Tier 3 without serious loophole abuse and a lot of technical jargon to make it so. September 26, 2015 was the day that would prove worldwide that DBZ could be 3-C and above and on its own merits. You're putting words into my mouth. Please don't do that.
Almost nobody cares, for real. it's just another feat for a show - for anyone who doesn't go out of their way to follow these kinds of things they wouldn't understand even if you explained it to them what you're so passionate about.

As an american myself, I find it pretty silly to make that kind of comparison.

Yeah another American who agrees with Sword. VS Debating may be something that a lot of people (including myself) love doing but at the end of the day unless you're managing and running the site itself like Ant and Kav then it's really just a hobby. No need to take it so seriously. Comparing one of the most significant events in world history to a couple of characters punching really hard in an anime is just silly.

And why is it that when Dragon Ball fans want an insane feat for Goku they are supporting fans who want to stick it to downplayers who never thought the show could get so powerful? Yet if One Punch Man fans want an insane feat for Saitama they are jealous wankers who just want Saitama to beat Goku at the expense of the show's quality?

^ Lol. Dead on the money. It makes more sense for OPM fans to be thirsty for bigger feats than DB fans anyway, since DB is a story thats more about characters growing through adversity and OPM is literally just about seeing how strong this one dude ALREADY is - as well as how he goes about his daily life in a crapsack world of constant monster attacks with the knowledge that noone can ever challenge him but everyone else can easily die.

Lol everytime i come to this site, i get to laugh but really the DBS feat was only good when it came out even Ryu and other people was hype about it but we don't go around hating a whole series because of it.

People should be studying more on the consistency of the show other than feat(i mean feats are good) like come on look at Z there were barely any feats only statements and powerscaling but it still wasn't even that messed up as Super is now but that's my opinion.

Because Dragon Ball is one of if not THE most fanatically downplayed, hated series in all of versus debating. We have those horrible calculations from the OBD where they talk about split durability, chain reactions, core busters, and so on. I mean, has anyone EVER claimed characters in any other series who can blow up planets did so through chain reactions and core busting? Has anyone ever said so for Superman? And yes, naturally OPM fans should be craving more feats because the beloved series they worship literally has NONE. Not a single one whatsoever. Yet do they deserve greater feats? I would say NO. The OPM fanbase is the singular most obnoxious fan community on the entire net literally wanking Saitama to infinity with faulty logic and flawed reasoning. As for why Tier 3 is so important to me, you completely misunderstand what I'm saying. DBZ making it to Tier 3 on its own merits was phenomenal for fans like me because it was FINALLY proof of high-tier feats that will make it harder and harder to dispute how strong they are, and it will always make it easier to separate the real fans from the fake DBZ fans who hide behind the series as a shield to cover their attacks on the franchise. Seriously, why are you picking on me over this? What if you had said you like Tier 4 so much because Saitama had blown up a star or a solar system? Wouldn't you be getting mad if I looked down on you over that? You would, you know you would! So stop doing that to me!

Because Dragon Ball is one of if not THE most fanatically downplayed, hated series in all of versus debating. We have those horrible calculations from the OBD where they talk about split durability, chain reactions, core busters, and so on. I mean, has anyone EVER claimed characters in any other series who can blow up planets did so through chain reactions and core busting? Has anyone ever said so for Superman? And yes, naturally OPM fans should be craving more feats because the beloved series they worship literally has NONE. Not a single one whatsoever. Yet do they deserve greater feats? I would say NO. The OPM fanbase is the singular most obnoxious fan community on the entire net literally wanking Saitama to infinity with faulty logic and flawed reasoning. As for why Tier 3 is so important to me, you completely misunderstand what I'm saying. DBZ making it to Tier 3 on its own merits was phenomenal for fans like me because it was FINALLY proof of high-tier feats that will make it harder and harder to dispute how strong they are, and it will always make it easier to separate the real fans from the fake DBZ fans who hide behind the series as a shield to cover their attacks on the franchise. Seriously, why are you picking on me over this? What if you had said you like Tier 4 so much because Saitama had blown up a star or a solar system? Wouldn't you be getting mad if I looked down on you over that? You would, you know you would! So stop doing that to me!
I love DBZ and all but seriously? Calm down dude... there is no need for hostility on your part. I've seen your posts and they are all like this, you're acting like a fanboy. It has it's share of downplayers sure, but also it's enormous share of wankers who hypocritically do the same thing to other franchises they know little to nothing about... sometimes they don't even know their beloved franchise very well. DBZ had reason for doubt as it was linear yet still had many inconsistencies and loopholes. Many other series have said wank and contradictions due to an ever expanding canon, usually within comics so we can expect that to happen. Also feats are proven by word of god and narration with other series, not so much with DBZ. Thankfully many details and fans questions have now been answered so there is no longer any confusion as to the true power of the Dragon Ball verse.

@Queen Diclonius just because Dragon Ball gets its fair share of downplay doesn't mean you should be acting so hateful and hostile towards other franchises/fanbases. Spiting them in a way you accuse others of spiting DB.

Nobody is "picking on you." We simply are saying we don't agree with the massive amount of seriousness you are taking a fun hobby with, along with how much contempt you are holding towards others. ArbitraryNumbers said he likes Tier 4 cause of Kirby and no one gave him a hard time for it. Obviously there is more to it than what you are saying.

And none of what you said changes the fact that you are antagonizing fans of One Punch Man for doing the same thing you glorify Dragon Ball fans for doing. Which is rooting for the character they like and hoping they get good feats.

Guys, calm down. I don't want this thread to be derailed to hell.

CrossverseCrisis said:
No Fil. It's more like i don't want to have to be forced to close this if stuff like the shit above doesn't calm down or otherwise....
Yeah, true.

Tier 9 because Batman

In all seriousness, Tier 4 because there's Kirby and other characters I love in there, and it's powerful without getting absurd like Tier 3 and above.

CrossverseCrisis said:
No Fil. It's more like i don't want to have to be forced to close this if stuff like the shit above doesn't calm down or otherwise....
Sorry, wasn't trying to add fuel to the fire or anything. Thought it was just funny to point out what seemed like a silly trend. I'll back off.

How about you calm down and read what is at the top of this thread. Fun and Games board. There is no need to take this thread, or versus matches in general seriously, these are fictional characters that we as fans are meant to enjoy, not lash out at eachother over.

Not gonna get involved or spite you, but the DBZ Fanbase is more annoying then the OPM fanbase TBH.

You just sound like a conspiracy theorist -_-

Give it a rest and chill, thank you.

A Sword Dancer said:
Sorry, wasn't trying to add fuel to the fire or anything. Thought it was just funny to point out what seemed like a silly trend. I'll back off.
Yeah, let's just drop this and focus on the subject.

The problem I had was that I gave my reasons for why I love Tier 3 and people just felt the need to butt into what I was saying. It's like they were saying my reasons aren't valid. So fine. Let's drop it. I don't wanna discuss it anymore.

The problem I had was that I gave my reasons for why I love Tier 3, and people just felt the need to butt into what I was saying. So fine. Let's drop it. I don't wanna discuss it anymore.
Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back