• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whats your favorite tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Queen I will drop the topic as well but once again nobody had a problem with you liking Tier 3 due to Dragon Ball. They had issues with the amount of hatred you were showing towards others and your blatant hypocrisy.

Anyway, what is you guy's LEAST favorite tier.

Mine is Tier 0 or Tier 1 because the characters there tend to be very boring and bland and just have feats with no real character other than "this guy is god" and that's it.

The-One-Above-All and Azathoth are rather interesting in my opinion. However yeah most Tier 0's can be rather bland. Especially since a story around them cannot have any conflict whatsoever unless it is self-imposed and immediately solvable, which then takes away from the suspense.

I agree with Ryu. The only Tier 0 characters that are actually interesting would be those two. That's it.

And Tier 1 is actually kind of really boring as heck. Especially since in comparison to the other lower tiers, you don't see a lot of fights of them and what other stuff i would have said...

^ I really don't care for Tier 4 myself. Busting Stars and Solar systems seemed like overkill and Multi-Solar System is such a wide tier its hard to find fights for them.

As much as I love DB I hate higher tiers there is so much BS and nonsense up there that it's almost more trouble then it's worth.Same thing with 4 but to a lesser degree.

Then we have 8 and 7

8 becuase Spidy but character there all seem to blend in to much and not much diferentiate them I fell.

So 7 since it's in my opinion best tier in terms of C can fight A if they have a slight hax advantage or speed and has so many different series that bring a lot to the table without getting to stupid.

I'm a fan of when otherwise low tier characters have certain 'boon's from super high tier beings that allow them to circumstantially have rediculous power but still otherwie be weak enough that stories can still have reasonable tension.

Slayers was good at that. Lina Inverse could call down a favor from the tier 1 Lord of Nightmares and gain the temporary power to destroy anything she faced at the risk of killing herself or even accidentally deleting the universe. The fact that the power was so risky and that she otherwise had to rely on faaaaaar lower tier powers and durability kept the story in a place where she and her comrades were reasonably still in danger at various times, since she really can't be selfish enough to risk using that power unless the world itself is threatened, and even then its still selfish on an earthling level.

Every time she cast the Giga Slave she had to ask herself, 'Am I that arrogant that I Would trust myself not to screw up an extremely difficult spell under pressure whose failure would mean the end of the universe? Am I that selfish that I would cast this spell and risk all the other sentiant lifeforms that might exist on other planets dying with me just for the chance to save my own world? Do I even have the right to make a choice like this?'

That sort of dilemma was part of what kept the show interesting. Where's the lord of nightmares herself is to powerful as a tier 1 being to be interesting to watch go through a story, the existance of the lord of nightmares indirectly allowed for somethat that was interesting to watch unfold.

For me personally I am "meh" to OPM, personally more a fan of Genos and Tatsumaki, I know Saitama is bland on purpose, but he is still just bland, don't mind TOO much if he gets good feats, but his "debating" fanbase is pure stupidity and a large reason as to why I don't like the idea of that greater of feats for him.

But for my least favorite tier, gotta be tier 0, I love me some powerful feats and power that exceeds imagination, which is why I love tier 2 and 1 so much, 0 is just too far, big fan of Umineko is personally why I love tier 1, but also I would love Dragonball to reach there someday, as well as a few other verses, others along with Dragonball especially deserve it. Tier 1's and 2's at least have room for versatility Tier 0 is just... I have all powers and abilities, it's just as equally as bland as a 10-B with no abilities... Bland and boring.

Yeah, definitively tier 0. I mean, it is interesting to see what they could do, but they're generally super-boring as an actual person (and some of them isn't even qualified as such). For once, I would like to see an tier 0 that actually tried to find out if "anything" is all there is, and actually tried to learn more.

Can i ask one thing? For example, if a character, like Kratos,is stated that he can destroy a continent, does this mean he break it in 1 hit or take some times doing so? Because if the case is the latter, then shouldnt he also be able to wreck the Earth too? By breaking continent by continent? Just a noob question :D

A Sword Dancer said:
CatLangHuong said:
Thanks, but by the definition, he would break a continent in 1 hit only or after multiple attacks? :D
AP is measured in a single strike. Someone who could destroy a galaxy in one hit is galaxy level, not multigalaxy if they decide to attack multiple times.
Thank you very much, i was unclear bout this :)

The way I see tiers is like this:

12 - 11: 2d or lower, most cartoonish characters in digital devices and pixels (which is most of fiction)

10 - 8: probably the more in depth characters and better written ones (usually) also low tier super heroes (most characters are in this range).

7 - 6: the Tiers that contain a lot of hax with some characters (the average super hero tier, one example is OPM characters)

5 - 4: The tier that contains high tier heroes (most hax is shown in this range)

3: Low God tier, (probably the least interesting except for tiers 1 and 0)

2: The Tier with the most complex AP (usually game/show ending villians, also the last tier with interesting fights) would also call this the "True God" tier since anything above this becomes un interesting and too complex to understand.

1: a tier where fights are no longer interesting, blend and boring, either a stomp or a victory (for most parts)

0: Usually blend characters, godly beings "dues ex machina tier", Boring (rarely have any interesting characters since the only redeeming factor for these characters are their personalities if they have any) Every fight with tier 0 fighting another tier 0 or high end tier 1 is inconclusive.

Tier "Fiction and Reality" The Fictional and Reality Seperator wall "The Tier Beyond 0": Something I made up but this one is above any tier (it's what seperates reality with any of these fictional characters and objects) which even the strongest tiers cannot go through it.

Xenomorphios said:
The way I see tiers is like this:
12 - 11: 2d or lower, most cartoonish characters in digital devices and pixels (which is most of fiction)

10 - 8: probably the more in depth characters and better written ones (usually) also low tier super heroes (most characters are in this range).

7 - 6: the Tiers that contain a lot of hax with some characters (the average super hero tier, one example is OPM characters)

5 - 4: The tier that contains high tier heroes (most hax is shown in this range)

2: The Tier with the most complex AP (usually game/show ending villians, also the last tier with interesting fights) would also call this the "True God" tier since anything above this becomes un interesting and too complex to understand.

1: a tier where fights are no longer interesting, blend and boring, either a stomp or a victory (for most parts)

0: Usually blend characters, godly beings "dues ex machina tier", Boring (rarely have any interesting characters since the only redeeming factor for these characters are their personalities if they have any) Every fight with tier 0 fighting another tier 0 or high end tier 1 is inconclusive.

Tier "Fiction and Reality" The Fictional and Reality Seperator wall "The Tier Beyond 0": Something I made up but this one is above any tier (it's what seperates reality with any of these fictional characters and objects) which even the strongest tiers cannot go through it.
I made a scientific theory that if something beyond Boundless their presence alone would rip apart the fabric of everything.

Hyper Anon said:
I made a scientific theory that if something beyond Boundless their presence alone would rip apart the fabric of everything.
A scientific theory has to be backed up with scientific evidence/experimentation. A Tier 0 character by definition is beyond all human understandings or even concepts of science, mathematics and logic. Hence you really cannot make a scientific theory regarding their state of being.

Xenomorphios said:

The right words to explain why I love Tier 2.

Ryukama said:
Hyper Anon said:
A scientific theory has to be backed up with scientific evidence/experimentation. A Tier 0 character by definition is beyond all human understandings or even concepts of science, mathematics and logic. Hence you really cannot make a scientific theory regarding their state of being.
Well, A Tier 0 being is strong enough to be the force that creates everything and holds it together. Anything more powerful than that would be to much for everything to take.

@Hyper Trying to understand how a Tier 0 works and functions is like trying to understand how the number purple tastes. It is completely illogical and goes against how we define things in general. You're not going to figure out anything productive or even remotely falsifiable. Plus you really cannot apply science and logic to a being who literally views those concepts as nonexistent. Hence it is not a theory rather a thought experiment/idea.

Ryukama said:
@Hyper Trying to understand how a Tier 0 works and functions is like trying to understand how the number purple tastes. It is completely illogical and goes against how we define things in general. You're not going to figure out anything productive or even remotely falsifiable. Plus you really cannot apply science and logic to a being who literally views those concepts as nonexistent. Hence it is not a theory rather a thought experiment/idea.
A Tier 0 character is like trying to make your own Primary/Secondary Color.

damn, I was going to add another poll for Tier 12 but that got turned down. Oh well, bump because I want more votes damnit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back