• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What's your Anime 3x3?

video-image-BJI82l-G61-G.jpg

🐵Idk🐵

I didn't put HxH, OPM or One piece in mine since I thought it would be obvious? (Ur free to do it tho, just my thoughts)

Nisekoi is easily in my honorable mentions. I enjoyed Re:zero and the OG naruto.

I haven't seen bottom left, looks REALLY familiar tho and I just forgot the name. I also haven't seen OG berserk.

I have not seen Highschool DxD.

Last edited:
I haven't seen bottom left, looks REALLY familiar tho and I just forgot the name.
The world only god knows 🐵
I have not seen Highschool DxD.
👁️
Nisekoi is easily in my honorable mentions. I enjoyed Re:zero and the OG naruto.
🐵👍
I didn't put HxH or One piece in mine since I thought it would be obvious? (Ur free to do it tho, just my thoughts)
I kinda have to put one piece... It like has everything for me, I just added animes I liked the most with different types of vibes
I also haven't seen OG berserk.
It's really good... Kinda slow but very good

we share 3 favorites haha.

Re: Zero + OPM + High School DxD

Legendary taste, king. I haven't watched OG berserk but I've read the manga, and it's beyond incredible.
Rick and Morty fire 🐵🔥

You've got good taste aswell

Small touch but I find it nice how most of ya'll are having some niche titles or titles that are a few years old now in your grid.

I half expected ya'll to just put current titles which is fine (I seldom watch new anime nowadays lmao).

Small touch but I find it nice how most of ya'll are having some niche titles or titles that are a few years old now in your grid.

I half expected ya'll to just put current titles which is fine (I seldom watch new anime nowadays lmao).
I mean, I did put some titles from last year. But that's only because 2021 might've literally be the best year of anime in the history of anime.

I mean, Jesus Christ it had everything. My favorite year of anime for sure. So many bangers.

The-Case-Study-of-Vanitas-volume-1-cover.jpg
Not really ranked but these are the few I enjoyed the most. Altho I haven't put any manga/ln but slime and Tg are influenced by their source material which I absolutely love so I had to put them because their adaption got me into the other meduim and I loved their adaptation too.
1. Oregairu
2. Hunter x Hunter
3. Tokyo Ghoul
4. SSSS. Dynazenon
5. That time I got reincarnated as a slime
6. Perfect Blue
7. Bofuri
8. Gurren lagann
9. The Case study of Vanitas

I mean, I did put some titles from last year. But that's only because 2021 might've literally be the best year of anime in the history of anime.

I mean, Jesus Christ it had everything. My favorite year of anime for sure. So many bangers.
I haven't been keeping up with seasonal anime lately but 2021 definitely did have GAS.

The-Case-Study-of-Vanitas-volume-1-cover.jpg
Not really ranked but these are the few I enjoyed the most. Altho I haven't put any manga/ln but slime and Tg are influenced by their source material which I absolutely love so I had to put them because their adaption got me into the other meduim and I loved their adaptation too.
1. Oregairu
2. Hunter x Hunter
3. Tokyo Ghoul
4. SSSS. Dynazenon
5. That time I got reincarnated as a slime
6. Perfect Blue
7. Bofuri
8. Gurren lagann
9. The Case study of Vanitas
Ohhh nice this is the most different one i've seen thus far (except for TTGL which is in everyone's grid LMAO)

SNAFU is one of my favs. it's in my honorable mentions, HxH ofc easy, the 4th one looks familiar since it's very familiar but i can't put my finger on it, Slime isekai one of my fav isekai, Perfect blue is one of my favorite anime movie (i prefer paprika a bit more tho), Bofuri i've heard of but never seen it, TTGL ofc almost everyone here had it lol, The case study of vanitas is a familiar name and i recall some indie fans saying it was nice hmmmm

Okay so...
final_61faba31b4a00f002f3bb7f9_455555.png

(Not in order of my favorite to my least favorite)
1. One Punch Man (My favorite anime of all time since i first saw it 3 years ago)
2. Overlord (Its fun. Ainz's design looks sick and i like me an evil OP protag)
3. No Game No Life (Also pretty fun. I like the games and the little twists they pull off to win. Also i like boobs)
4. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Started it for the memes, Stayed for the amazing abilities,twists and characters...and memes)
5. Dragon Ball Super (I know im about to make someone mad but... i enjoyed DBS more than DBZ... its just that i love the God transformations and the Goku Black arc has to be one of my most favorite anime arcs of all time)
6. Hunter X Hunter (Everything about it is a masterpiece. From the world to the characters to the actual plot. The amount of thought that has gone to every character is insane)
7. Yu-Gi-Oh! (The first anime i ever watched. I remember waking up early in the morning when i was a kid just to watch it. A lot of times the plot and the characters don't make sense [especially in the dub] but personally i find the silliness charming more than anything. Also the abridged series is amazing)
8. My Hero Academia (Nothing much to say here really. I just really like the characters, the world and the plot)
9. Jujutsu Kaisen (Again nothing much to say here. Tho i will say that this is probably the only anime where i am still debating whose my favorite character because i just like all of them that much)

Okay so...
final_61faba31b4a00f002f3bb7f9_455555.png

(Not in order of my favorite to my least favorite)
1. One Punch Man (My favorite anime of all time since i first saw it 3 years ago)
2. Overlord (Its fun. Ainz's design looks sick and i like me an evil OP protag)
3. No Game No Life (Also pretty fun. I like the games and the little twists they pull off to win. Also i like boobs)
4. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Started it for the memes, Stayed for the amazing abilities,twists and characters...and memes)
5. Dragon Ball Super (I know im about to make someone mad but... i enjoyed DBS more than DBZ... its just that i love the God transformations and the Goku Black arc has to be one of my most favorite anime arcs of all time)
6. Hunter X Hunter (Everything about it is a masterpiece. From the world to the characters to the actual plot. The amount of thought that has gone to every character is insane)
7. Yu-Gi-Oh! (The first anime i ever watched. I remember waking up early in the morning when i was a kid just to watch it. A lot of times the plot and the characters don't make sense [especially in the dub] but personally i find the silliness charming more than anything. Also the abridged series is amazing)
8. My Hero Academia (Nothing much to say here really. I just really like the characters, the world and the plot)
9. Jujutsu Kaisen (Again nothing much to say here. Tho i will say that this is probably the only anime where i am still debating whose my favorite character because i just like all of them that much)
Hmm nice i've seen everything except yugioh and NGNL. Pretty standard but I can enjoy simple~ gud stuff

1. B the Beginning (Enjoyed the concept and motivation of the last villain it sticked to me and the interaction and limits before you break your moral code)
2. Sakurasou no Pet Kanojo (The message of this anime regarding talent, skills, and effort is what made me like and enjoy this series)
3. Non Non Biyori. (If I miss the rural area where I grew up I just watch this a reminiscence and simple things in life)
4. Chuunibyou. (A simple yet interesting love story with a different dynamic. Enjoyed it a lot for its simplicity and character growth)
5. GATE (Man I do love War themes with tanks and guns and military technology and seeing it interact with the magical world is just too good)
6. Overlord (So far my favorite Isekai is a good example of OP's main character without over abusing versus battle debating terminology and deeper concepts. the MC is just plain too strong compared to the world he existed in)
7. Fate/Zero (The Production value is top tier and I'd seriously watch this again if I have time. Similar reason to B the beginning just different story and interactions)
8. Youjo Senki (As a believer I enjoy watching something from the perspective of someone who isn't like me. I would define as Agree to disagree in belief but at the same time more War-themed anime but with a little technological magic)
9. Granblue Fantasy. (It's pretty ok and normal but I'm expecting more from this series based on the original game due to how Main story improved drastically overtime a pretty lighthearted adventure anime)
ebN0dAG.png

1. B the Beginning (Enjoyed the concept and motivation of the last villain it sticked to me and the interaction and limits before you break your moral code)
2. Sakurasou no Pet Kanojo (The message of this anime regarding talent, skills, and effort is what made me like and enjoy this series)
3. Non Non Biyori. (If I miss the rural area where I grew up I just watch this a reminiscence and simple things in life)
4. Chuunibyou. (A simple yet interesting love story with a different dynamic. Enjoyed it a lot for its simplicity and character growth)
5. GATE (Man I do love War themes with tanks and guns and military technology and seeing it interact with the magical world is just too good)
6. Overlord (So far my favorite Isekai is a good example of OP's main character without over abusing versus battle debating terminology and deeper concepts. the MC is just plain too strong compared to the world he existed in)
7. Fate/Zero (The Production value is top tier and I'd seriously watch this again if I have time. Similar reason to B the beginning just different story and interactions)
8. Youjo Senki (As a believer I enjoy watching something from the perspective of someone who isn't like me. I would define as Agree to disagree in belief but at the same time more War-themed anime but with a little technological magic)
9. Granblue Fantasy. (It's pretty ok and normal but I'm expecting more from this series based on the original game due to how Main story improved drastically overtime a pretty lighthearted adventure anime)
ebN0dAG.png
Interesting. this one is actually the most "different" one so far.

I've heard of B the beginning but I haven't seen it, Sakurasou is so unreal to see here since I thought this was one of the forgotten remnants of the moe blow that is lost to time (I haven't seen it even back then), Non non biyori i've heard of, haven't seen, Chuunibyou i've seen a long time ago but i forgot to finish it and I can't remember.

I didn't like Gate at all, I tried watching it numerous times but it just didn't hook me. We share a spot for Overlord, it's also my favorite isekai and casual anime to watch (It's the only LN i've read lmao), Fate Zero easily in my honorable mentions, Youjo Senki also in my honorable mentions, I have not seen Granblue Fantasy.

Ohh i forgot to comment on this~

Ranma and Urusei Yatsura are a blast from the past lmao, I also like tensei slime, and WOW zettai karen chidlren the unlimited? I did NOT expect to see that in this thread at all (I legitimately thought i'm the only one that remembers that show lmao), and ofc assassination classroom is a gem.

Ohh i forgot to comment on this~

Ranma and Urusei Yatsura are a blast from the past lmao, I also like tensei slime, and WOW zettai karen chidlren the unlimited? I did NOT expect to see that in this thread at all (I legitimately thought i'm the only one that remembers that show lmao), and ofc assassination classroom is a gem.
Yeah I really like the show. Kyosuke is my favorite character. I watched Karen children just for him.

final_62033503482cf700831bd20c_901322.png

My Dress Up Darling: Favorite Current Anime

Konsouba: Favorite Isekai/Comedy

High School of the Dead: Most Underrated

Kill la Kill: Just a lot of fun.

Oregairu: Favorite Slice of Life/Romance

High School DxD: Favorite Harem/Ecchi

TDOICE: Guilty Pleasure

Dragonball Z: Most Influential/Most Memorable/Most Iconic

Gurenn Lagann: Most Hype

Nobody ever asks for a "Cartoon 3x3"
I got you, Tatsumaki lover.

final_62033503482cf700831bd20c_901322.png

My Dress Up Darling: Favorite Current Anime

Konsouba: Favorite Isekai/Comedy

High School of the Dead: Most Underrated

Kill la Kill: Just a lot of fun.

Oregairu: Favorite Slice of Life/Romance

High School DxD: Favorite Harem/Ecchi

TDOICE: Guilty Pleasure

Dragonball Z: Most Influential/Most Memorable/Most Iconic

Gurenn Lagann: Most Hype

I got you, Tatsumaki lover.
Niceee we have good affinity.

we share a spot for KLK and Konosuba. SNAFU easily in my honorable mentions. Dress up darling been making rounds, i still need to see it. Highschool of the dead is an icon from the "gore era" of the mid 2000's. I haven't seen DxD, idk what bottom left is, DBZ ofc and DAMN EVERYONE HERE LOVES TTGL LMAO feel like im the only who hasn't seen it.

Just a random thought, but I feel like some anime such as Doraemon, Panty and Stocking, and Pop Team Epic could be considered cartoons in a way, they are relatively simple compared to shows such as Death Note, Evangelion, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, feature primarily slapstick comedy, and have very exaggerated expressions from time to time. However I feel the opposite should apply to American animation as well, shows such as Avatar, Teen Titans, Batman/Superman/Spawn:TAS, the Boondocks, and King of the Hill should not be restricted to just being "cartoons" due to them simply being western animation. I feel they should just be labeled, well, animation. I also feel the perception that being a "cartoon" diminishes said shows quality is a harmful one, when cartoons are probably the biggest building block when it came to the construction of animation as a medium, as well as probably most cartoons being amazing. Just because it isn't super detailed, set in reality, or being super serious, shouldn't automatically make it lesser than the opposite.
Thank you for coming to my Ted-Talk.

Just a random thought, but I feel like some anime such as Doraemon, Panty and Stocking, and Pop Team Epic could be considered cartoons in a way, they are relatively simple compared to shows such as Death Note, Evangelion, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, feature primarily slapstick comedy, and have very exaggerated expressions from time to time. However I feel the opposite should apply to American animation as well, shows such as Avatar, Teen Titans, Batman/Superman/Spawn:TAS, the Boondocks, and King of the Hill should not be restricted to just being "cartoons" due to them simply being western animation. I feel they should just be labeled, well, animation. I also feel the perception that being a "cartoon" diminishes said shows quality is a harmful one, when cartoons are probably the biggest building block when it came to the construction of animation as a medium, as well as probably most cartoons being amazing. Just because it isn't super detailed, set in reality, or being super serious, shouldn't automatically make it lesser than the opposite.
Thank you for coming to my Ted-Talk.
The entire conflict between "ANIME IS A CARTOON" or "ANIME IS NOT A CARTOON" has always been strange to me.

Deniers are people who assume that "Cartoon=Children" and their fragile pride don't want to associate with anything that can be labeled childish (even tho cartoons aren't always for children). So in an attempt to pick themselves back up, they bring up how edgy anime is even though that doesn't prove anything lmao. It's really ironic how in the process of proving that they don't like something that is childish, they came across as childish in the process.

Bottomline, this anime is/is not a cartoon thing is an ancient discussion that never should have started. People just get too insecure with what other people think of what they like.

Cartoon is made for children
I don't think that's objective or written anywhere.

at best, it's a social verdict that people came up with and started to roll with because they didn't want to identify what they like with the term since they think it makes them a grown up that likes grown up media. The real kicker here is the identification of cartoon as "children's media" even though that's not always (nor does it have to be) the case.

That's like saying movies are tv shows or games are 3d animation
I don't get how you can compare this with the "movies=tv show" analogy, that doesn't make sense.

The latter one is a good comparison tho, just replace "3d animation" with "computer generated images (CGI)" and the same applies with the cartoon and anime business.

I don't think that's objective or written anywhere.
Doesn't need to... It's socially accepted that cartoons is for children, some cartoons even state it

The real kicker here is the identification of cartoon as "children's media" even though that's not always (nor does it have to be) the case.
But it literally is the case for society... So doesn't really matter if cartoons is stated or not stated to be made for children when it's accepted as such in society that they are for children

I don't get how you can compare this with the "movies=tv show" analogy, that doesn't make sense.
I'm bad at explaining 🐵

You can't say anime is cartoon tho, the same way you can't say movies are P. They are targeted for different types of people, then they should act different and be treated differently as well 🤷‍♂️

Doesn't need to... It's socially accepted that cartoons is for children, some cartoons even state it

But it literally is the case for society... So doesn't really matter if cartoons is stated or not stated to be made for children when it's accepted as such in society that they are for children

I'm bad at explaining 🐵

You can't say anime is cartoon tho, the same way you can't say movies are P. They are targeted for different types of people, then they should act different and be treated differently as well 🤷‍♂️
This is one of the things that I talked about a few replies back. People having too much of a fragile ego to just enjoy something without thinking too much about it.

My point is that it didn't need to be socially accepted....but they made it socially accepted because they feel better and more "grown up" about it since people automatically assume "cartoons=children's media" (In fact, never has this been more false during the recent years with the success of shows like Invincible and Harley Quinn).

You're free to say that it's not a cartoon tho. I just think it's dumb how people try to contrast it so much for some reason.

Sidenote, you can't make the argument that "they are targeted towards different people". Anime has just as much shows that are catered for children alongside shows that are "not" the same way as cartoons. Anime and Western Cartoons in general are not catered towards anyone specifically.

People having too much of a fragile ego to just enjoy something without thinking too much about it.
Well true but there are also people that go too far because of it... (for example people treating you differently because of it) So not much they can do as well 🤷‍♂️

(In fact, never has this been more false during the recent years with the success of shows like Invincible and Harley Quinn)
Which aren't considered cartoons 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Back