• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What's your Anime 3x3?

Yomi_Schwarz

She/Her
What's your 3x3 grid pic collage of your favorite anime (it can be what you think is the best, memorable, iconic, so bad that it's good, guilty pleasures, stinkers, ANYTHING)?

You can easily make one here or you can just list down all 9 of them if you want, take your time ^_^ (You can also add a small description~)

I'll start

Dorohedoro (Latest favorite anime)
Overlord (Favorite Isekai AND popcorn anime)
Drifters (Most underrated anime that I love)
K-ON (Peak slice of life, don't @ me)
Gintama (Favorite Shonen)
Kill La Kill (Just some really good shit and really unique)
Psycho Pass (Favorite sci-fi anime)
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun (Favorite Romance)
Konosuba (Favorite Comedy)

(EDIT: You are also free to revise your anime 3x3 at a later date if you want~)

final_61e654d2b6e5b5009cb027bf_334178.png

Your turn~

Last edited:
Bloom Into You (Most favorite romance series so far)
Fairy Tail (Most favorite Shonen series despite its faults)
My next life as Villainess: All routes lead to doom! (My guilty pleasure)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Quite an epic series)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Most favorite series of all time. Fun fact: first time found it from R18+ doujin in a certain site)
Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (Most favorite slice of life series)
Dr. Stone (Fun Sci-fi series)
Code Geass (Another epic series)
Grand Blue (Very fun series featuring my favorite drink: Oolong Tea)

68e7kSJ.jpg

Gosh that was fun~

From left top to right bottom:
Neon Genesis Evangelion (It was my very first anime i have ever watched~)
Oregairu (Probably THE slice of life romance series to top for me)
Lucky Star (Terribly outdated at this point, butit still shaped me as a budding weeb back then)
showa genroku rakugo shinju (A incredible and emotional tale)
Vivy (Probably my favourite anime from 2021. Not the masterpiece fans claims it to be, but a exceptionally well made series on all fronts)
Hellsing Ultimate (If someone told me that Alucard was responsible for the boom of overpowered protagonists whiping the floor with the rest of the series, i would wholeheartly believe it)
Ascendance of the Bookworm (Kinda cheating with this one. The anime is INCREDIBLE, but its the Light Novel behind it, that makes me say this: Hands down the best Isekai ever written)
Land of the Lustrous (Even more cheating, while the anime adaption is good, its the manga that makes me want to feature it here: Torture **** only surpassed by Berserk, but buddhist)
Ah! My Goddess (My personal comfort show)

Wz0i20p.jpg

yIfppm5.jpg

Parasyte* (Great atmospheric horror mixed in with drama and action)
Mysterious Girlfriend X (n-no comment...)
Ajin: Demi-Human (An action drama, like Parasyte, but far more interesting and dark than the former, but also less entertaining)
Rosario + Vampire* (fun)
Ranma ½ (My favorite piece of fiction of all time, truthfully speaking)
Aggretsuko (A really fun slice of life story about middle-aged office workers and their daily struggles)
Rurouni Kenshin (Sorta like Ranma in a sense, except it is story-focused rather than largely episodic and has really cool swords)
Case Closed (Everyone knows what this is — a fun, half-story, half-episodic mystery manga about the modern-day Holmes)
Kissxsis (NO COMMENT)
* manga-only

Bloom Into You (Most favorite romance series so far)
Fairy Tail (Most favorite Shonen series despite its faults)
My next life as Villainess: All routes lead to doom! (My guilty pleasure)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Quite an epic series)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Most favorite series of all time. Fun fact: first time found it from R18+ doujin in a certain site)
Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (Most favorite slice of life series)
Dr. Stone (Fun Sci-fi series)
Code Geass (Another epic series)
Grand Blue (Very fun series featuring my favorite drink: Oolong Tea)

68e7kSJ.jpg
Grand blue is honestly really good.

Gosh that was fun~

From left top to right bottom:
Neon Genesis Evangelion (It was my very first anime i have ever watched~)
Oregairu (Probably THE slice of life romance series to top for me)
Lucky Star (Terribly outdated at this point, butit still shaped me as a budding weeb back then)
showa genroku rakugo shinju (A incredible and emotional tale)
Vivy (Probably my favourite anime from 2021. Not the masterpiece fans claims it to be, but a exceptionally well made series on all fronts)
Hellsing Ultimate (If someone told me that Alucard was responsible for the boom of overpowered protagonists whiping the floor with the rest of the series, i would wholeheartly believe it)
Ascendance of the Bookworm (Kinda cheating with this one. The anime is INCREDIBLE, but its the Light Novel behind it, that makes me say this: Hands down the best Isekai ever written)
Land of the Lustrous (Even more cheating, while the anime adaption is good, its the manga that makes me want to feature it here: Torture **** only surpassed by Berserk, but buddhist)
Ah! My Goddess (My personal comfort show)

Wz0i20p.jpg
Hellsing ultimate is actually in my honorable mentions, it's from the same person that did Drifters.

yIfppm5.jpg

Parasyte* (Great atmospheric horror mixed in with drama and action)
Mysterious Girlfriend X (n-no comment...)
Ajin: Demi-Human (An action drama, like Parasyte, but far more interesting and dark than the former, but also less entertaining)
Rosario + Vampire* (fun)
Ranma ½ (My favorite piece of fiction of all time, truthfully speaking)
Aggretsuko (A really fun slice of life story about middle-aged office workers and their daily struggles)
Rurouni Kenshin (Sorta like Ranma in a sense, except it is story-focused rather than largely episodic and has really cool swords)
Case Closed (Everyone knows what this is — a fun, half-story, half-episodic mystery manga about the modern-day Holmes)
Kissxsis (NO COMMENT)
* manga-only
I really like aggrestsuko and parasyte~

2CD9pEP.png
\

One-Punch Man (Season 1 + Manga): Hilarious comedy-action anime with amazing characters, animation, and fight scenes. It's stupidly fun to watch/read, even if it's story isn't the best. It's robably the most entertaining thing for me on the entire list simply because of how good the art and animation is in both the anime and manga, and the characters never get old.

Re:Zero: Where do I even begin? The author is such a genius that TWO of his stories are in here. We'll get to the other one later, but oh my god is this series god-tier. The story is amazing, the concept is original, the characters are phenomenal, and the impact it has is extreme. Subaru is my favorite character of all time (Mostly because of the development in the webnovel, but the anime one is still pretty good at the moment). His development is just so immense yet so natural and relatable. And his interactions with the world around him, his power, and the people who surround him just makes for such an interesting story. I know a lot of people feel the complete opposite about the anime, but man... I will never understand it.

Fate Series: The plot is so stupidly over-complex that it's enjoyable. But really, it has probably the most inspiring magic-systems in all of anime and manga. And one of the best ranking systems as well. Every piece of fate media seems to be at the very least above average in terms of story, and the characters are all so different, yet so great. I personally really like Fate/Zero, because I feel the characters in it are a bit more mature with more elaborate reasoning for their motives.

Mushoku Tensei: I have no words to explain how good this show is. It manages to pull you into its narrative like no show I've ever seen. It is the most immersive experience I've ever had watching anime. The world building is top-tier, it's like the author literally created another universe. Both the world and the characters are so real, and watching Rudeus grow up in front of my eyes is amazing. Even if he's a bit of a weirdo sometimes, I enjoy seeing him push to be a better person. The animation is also stunning, and you can't help but love the studio for putting their heart and souls into every episode.

Link Click: A very clever show about time travel. It has great animation, with very good characters and a simple, yet complex plot that manages to hook you on from the very beginning.

Vivy: I love androids and futuristic stuff. I also really like time travel. Also it's made by the same author as Re:Zero and it shows in its writing. It puts five seasons into 12 episodes that take you on such an interesting and complete story. Vivy was the best female character of 2021, alongside Emilia. The anime does every single thing it tries to do nearly perfectly and exceeds greatly in every category: Music, animation, story, characters, etc.

High School DxD: I just really like the plot.

Rick and Morty:
Uhhhhhhhhh, listen I know it's not an anime but shut up. Nobody ever asks for a "Cartoon 3x3" so I had to put it here. Great show, great comedy, Rick is one of the best cartoon characters of all time.

Death Note: I don't think I need to explain. And I'm tired of typing.

2CD9pEP.png
\

One-Punch Man (Season 1 + Manga): Hilarious comedy-action anime with amazing characters, animation, and fight scenes. It's stupidly fun to watch/read, even if it's story isn't the best. It's robably the most entertaining thing for me on the entire list simply because of how good the art and animation is in both the anime and manga, and the characters never get old.

Re:Zero: Where do I even begin? The author is such a genius that TWO of his stories are in here. We'll get to the other one later, but oh my god is this series god-tier. The story is amazing, the concept is original, the characters are phenomenal, and the impact it has is extreme. Subaru is my favorite character of all time (Mostly because of the development in the webnovel, but the anime one is still pretty good at the moment). His development is just so immense yet so natural and relatable. And his interactions with the world around him, his power, and the people who surround him just makes for such an interesting story. I know a lot of people feel the complete opposite about the anime, but man... I will never understand it.

Fate Series: The plot is so stupidly over-complex that it's enjoyable. But really, it has probably the most inspiring magic-systems in all of anime and manga. And one of the best ranking systems as well. Every piece of fate media seems to be at the very least above average in terms of story, and the characters are all so different, yet so great. I personally really like Fate/Zero, because I feel the characters in it are a bit more mature with more elaborate reasoning for their motives.

Mushoku Tensei: I have no words to explain how good this show is. It manages to pull you into its narrative like no show I've ever seen. It is the most immersive experience I've ever had watching anime. The world building is top-tier, it's like the author literally created another universe. Both the world and the characters are so real, and watching Rudeus grow up in front of my eyes is amazing. Even if he's a bit of a weirdo sometimes, I enjoy seeing him push to be a better person. The animation is also stunning, and you can't help but love the studio for putting their heart and souls into every episode.

Link Click: A very clever show about time travel. It has great animation, with very good characters and a simple, yet complex plot that manages to hook you on from the very beginning.

Vivy: I love androids and futuristic stuff. I also really like time travel. Also it's made by the same author as Re:Zero and it shows in its writing. It puts five seasons into 12 episodes that take you on such an interesting and complete story. Vivy was the best female character of 2021, alongside Emilia. The anime does every single thing it tries to do nearly perfectly and exceeds greatly in every category: Music, animation, story, characters, etc.

High School DxD: I just really like the plot.

Rick and Morty:
Uhhhhhhhhh, listen I know it's not an anime but shut up. Nobody ever asks for a "Cartoon 3x3" so I had to put it here. Great show, great comedy, Rick is one of the best cartoon characters of all time.

Death Note: I don't think I need to explain. And I'm tired of typing.
Ohhh I've been meaning to watch Vivy myself and finish up mushoku tensei. Death Note and OPM are self-explanatory and no sweat on the Rick and Morty thing since

📣ANIME IS A CARTOON!!!💯

yes, I said it

final_61f61c13c7c659003d24e7ee_268246 - Click to view full size photo

Bleach(this show took up most of my anime childhood alongside naruto)
Fate stay night(Remember borrowing this at the library, my first anime ever watched. Ufotable version is better, but I like the music of 2006 more)
Hotd(stumbled upon this channel on TV that aired really late every wednesday yea my school days were rough but my preadolescent self loved these very unrealistic, unproportional charactersand it was uncensored)
Black cat(love this comfort anime but if you read the manga, the anime is kinda a letdown)
Death note(think the show and praise speaks for itself. During my edgier phase light was the guy)
Full metal panic(actual best action and comedy especially the spin off fumoffu. unfortunately it was ruined by invisible victory)
Gurren lagann(this show is just absolute hype)
School days(the anime where you pull you're hair and scream at the mc for being so dumb, the end was expected but it was still tragic)
Kaze no stigma(Whats this? an actual chad mc that was immune to dumb anime tropes till the last episode ig)
I don't really watch anime tbh so most of these shows were pretty early in my teen years.

School days(the anime where you pull you're hair and scream at the mc for being so dumb, the end was expected but it was still tragic)

Oh boy is that an interesting one to put on your 3x3. I don't think it's at all one of the greatest shows, but man is it different.

The MC is so terrible, so the ending was deserved :p

final_61f61c13c7c659003d24e7ee_268246 - Click to view full size photo

Bleach(this show took up most of my anime childhood alongside naruto)
Fate stay night(Remember borrowing this at the library, my first anime ever watched. Ufotable version is better, but I like the music of 2006 more)
Hotd(stumbled upon this channel on TV that aired really late every wednesday yea my school days were rough but my preadolescent self loved these very unrealistic, unproportional charactersand it was uncensored)
Black cat(love this comfort anime but if you read the manga, the anime is kinda a letdown)
Death note(think the show and praise speaks for itself. During my edgier phase light was the guy)
Full metal panic(actual best action and comedy especially the spin off fumoffu. unfortunately it was ruined by invisible victory)
Gurren lagann(this show is just absolute hype)
Kaze no stigma(Whats this? an actual chad mc that was immune to dumb anime tropes till the last episode ig)
I don't really watch anime tbh so most of these shows were pretty early in my teen years.
Bleach is also a large part of my student days. I didn't put it in my 3x3 since it means something sentimental to me rather than something I look at purely objectively.

School Days is one of my so bad that it's good shows. the ending was perfect.

Oh boy is that an interesting one to put on your 3x3. I don't think it's at all one of the greatest shows, but man is it different.

The MC is so terrible, so the ending was deserved :p
Its more apart of the iconic or memorable dark moments tbh, getting into anime for the first time as a child which i thought was basically japanese cartoon i didn't think it'd get that dark. It was that or maybe elfen lied while that show had its moments i think the ending of school day was more tragic unless you count the elfen lied manga

Its more apart of the iconic or memorable dark moments tbh, getting into anime for the first time as a child which i thought was basically japanese cartoon i didn't think it'd get that dark. It was that or maybe elfen lied while that show had its moments i think the ending of school day was more tragic unless you count the elfen lied manga
Elfen Lied was over all a lot darker IMO! And Lucy's backstory is DEFINITELY more tragic.

It probably was tbh and i was too dumb to comprehend it. theres the shiki anime aswell which i stopped watching cause i got bored and another one were monsters break through the town barriers and massacre everyone if people can remember that one. the human blender sack rip

Bleach is also a large part of my student days. I didn't put it in my 3x3 since it means something sentimental to me rather than something I look at purely objectively.

School Days is one of my so bad that it's good shows. the ending was perfect.

Yeah im more confused by the 3x3 now ngl, i just listed animes that hit certain themes well. Like if this was a 4x4 sword art would probably be on it. Like kirito was my introduction to OP generic mc

Elfen Lied was over all a lot darker IMO! And Lucy's backstory is DEFINITELY more tragic.
It probably was tbh and i was too dumb to comprehend it. theres the shiki anime aswell which i stopped watching cause i got bored and another one were monsters break through the town barriers and massacre everyone if people can remember that one. the human blender sack rip

Anime used to be so gory for like that short period in the mid 2000's lmao (Elfen Lied, Another, Shiki, Blood-C, Claymore, Corpse Party, Deadman Wonderland, Gantz, Hellsing, HOTD, When they cry, etc.)....and then the moe blew hit and anime became mellow again (I can't complain tho since the moe blow gave us the masterpiece that is K-ON)

That short period was precious tho. Kinda sad that era was gone too soon.

Damn i knew i missed something claymore would definitely be part of my 3x3.

Yeah i definitely dodged that cute anime face, high pitch, exaggerated emphasis era, not sure if it counts but angel beats is pretty up there.

Im not much of an anime person but I watched a good amount of shows to be able to create the 3x3 favorite animes.

Special Mentions:
Fist of The North Star
Komi Can't Communicate
Persona 3 Movies
Persona 4 Animation
BNA
IMG_20220130_141811.jpg

Im not much of an anime person but I watched a good amount of shows to be able to create the 3x3 favorite animes.

Special Mentions:
Fist of The North Star
Komi Can't Communicate
BNA
IMG_20220130_141811.jpg
Eyy nice we share love for Kill La Kill, I watched every single show that you have here but I didn't put it in my 3x3 since it would be too obvious.

You don't need to be an anime person to enjoy anime~
Anyone that tells you otherwise is gatekeeping

Damn i knew i missed something claymore would definitely be part of my 3x3.

Yeah i definitely dodged that cute anime face, high pitch, exaggerated emphasis era, not sure if it counts but angel beats is pretty up there.
Dude a lot of people for some reason LOVE angel beats and clannad (which is two most appreciated shows from the moe blow). I never watched it tho idk if I should

Three_by_Three_%283x3%29_Square_Collage.jpg

Hmm... It will look small if added via wiki, upload the image here is better
And then right click the image..... Copy image address..... Come back here and paste it on (Insert image)

Last edited:
TTGL does definitely have a special place in everyone heart

Also here is my ranking list in order:
1. PMMM
2. Symphogear
3. TTGL
4. Violet Evergarden
5. K-on
6. Code Geass
7. Plastic Memories
8. Kill la kill
9. Mahou shoujo lyrical Nanoha

image0.jpg

Last edited:
@Setsuna_tenma You can upload an image by opening the 3x3 pic on a new tab and then copying the link address then press the "Insert Image (Ctrl+P)" option here in the text box then just paste the link. It should load it.

ahphD6F.png

on top of my head
I have the most affinity with you thus far.

We share a spot for Overlord and K-ON. I also adore Mob Psycho (I actually thought about putting it here but I thought that would be predictable so I didn't), Youjo Senki and Re:Creators. The only one here that I didn't enjoy was goblin slayer and everything else I have yet to see (Yep...I still haven't seen NGNL or Violet Evergarden...)

38uo3Fn.jpg

Tenchi can replace Hataraku too.

You overtake confluctor for the most affinity with me.

We share a spot for Gintama, Konosuba and Overlord. I enjoyed Baccano and Hataraku (Easily among my honorable mentions). I also like tokyo ghoul and daily lives of highschool boys (I think that was the name? can't remember). I have yet to watch steins gate and the upper left one idk what it is.

TTGL does definitely have a special place in everyone heart

Also here is my ranking list in order:
1. PMMM
2. Symphogear
3. TTGL
4. Violet Evergarden
5. K-on
6. Code Geass
7. Plastic Memory
8. Kill la kill
9. Mahou shoujo lyrical Nanoha

image0.jpg
Tied with confluctor for most affinity with me.

We share a spot for K-On and KLK. I haven't finished Madoka (i can't remember why) and I also haven't seen Gurenn Lagann yet.

I've yet to see most of the one in your grid~

I have the most affinity with you thus far.

We share a spot for Overlord and K-ON. I also adore Mob Psycho (I actually thought about putting it here but I thought that would be predictable so I didn't), Youjo Senki and Re:Creators. The only one here that I didn't enjoy was goblin slayer and everything else I have yet to see (Yep...I still haven't seen NGNL or Violet Evergarden...)
violet evergarden is peak. top tier stuff

I haven't actually. But what I saw from it didn't really hook me, I give it like a 6/10.
understandable. although i love it. one of my favourite LNs. I like the characters and their interactions the most. its fun. world isn't bad either. gets pretty dark sometimes, which is ncie

violet evergarden is peak. top tier stuff
Yeah it's in the watchlist~

understandable. although i love it. one of my favourite LNs. I like the characters and their interactions the most. its fun. world isn't bad either. gets pretty dark sometimes, which is ncie
I'm actually thinking about giving it another whirl since it's been some time since I've seen it after all.

Ok so far I have seen 5 of my picks appear in someone else's 3x3 which is a win~

But so far i'm not seeing any love for Dorohedoro, Drifters, Psycho Pass and Nozaki-kun T_T

You overtake confluctor for the most affinity with me.

We share a spot for Gintama, Konosuba and Overlord. I enjoyed Baccano and Hataraku (Easily among my honorable mentions). I also like tokyo ghoul and daily lives of highschool boys (I think that was the name? can't remember). I have yet to watch steins gate and the upper left one idk what it is.
Upper left is https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Heroic_Age

Back