• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What's this wiki's opinion on Saiyan multipliers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole "SSJ is 50x base, SSJ2 is 100x base, SSJ3 is 400x base" thing.

Does this wiki accept it or nah and why?

Thank you

Afaik, The multipliers only works with the power level, that can be used to scale, but due that the AP/speed of a character increase in a non-linel way according to the power level, we don't use them

Antoniofer said:
Afaik, The multipliers only works with the power level, that can be used to scale, but due that the AP/speed of a character increase in a non-linel way according to the power level, we don't use them
What do you mean by non-linel?

• Non lineal, i mean, my mistake; for example: the power level of Goku is 10000, when he use kaio-ken, it increase to 20k, but that doesn't mean that he is 2x in AP, Speed and Durability, due that is power increase in a non lineal way, his AP could increase like 5 times, and his speed like 1.2 times. If we use multiplier in characters, that would makes them weaker (or maybe stronger), like Golden Frieza being only 4-B

Vegeta's Power level was 18,000 Thousand, while Freeza's first form is 530,000. However, they difference in AP that they have is far greater, when scaling from feats.

Antoniofer said:
*Non lineal, i mean, my mistake; for example: the power level of Goku is 10000, when he use kaio-ken, it increase to 20k, but that doesn't mean that he is 2x in AP, Speed and Durability, due that is power increase in a non lineal way, his AP could increase like 5 times, and his speed like 1.2 times. If we use multiplier in characters, that would makes them weaker (or maybe stronger), like Golden Frieza being only 4-B
no no no no and no! It was clearly stated that Kaioken multiplies lineraly ALL stats (power and speed included): http://mangafever.us/mangas/dragon_ball/dragon_ball_226/dragon_ball_226_14.jpg?v3

Vegeta clearly says "his speed AND power multiplied" and Goku just used the kaioken that just double his speed and strenght (it triples them with kaioken 3, it quadruples them with kaioken 4 etc ...).

So kaioken 20 = speed, powers AND durability of the base form X 20.

Despite the fact there's no proof speed, AP and durability are increased linearly with the SSJ form, we know the SSJ form is far superior to kaioken 20 because kaioken 20 Goku could keep up with 50% final form Frieza. And in the end Goku won his fight against 100% final form Frieza so we know SSJ form multiplied Goku's stats by (at the very least) 40 since he won against a frieza that was literally twice stronger and faster than 50% frieza. Si it's not that crazy to think Goku's (for example) stats are increased by 50 as SSJ, especially with the fully mastered SSJ form he had after his training in the hyperbolic time chamber

Also I don't understand at all why multipliers would magically make golden Frieza 4 - B ... you'd need to explain yourself on this point. It's unclear.

ˆIt was an example tho, maybe i shouldn't have use the kk example; but, yeah, the kaioken was supposed to multiplier the power level too

As others have mentioned, the power levels do not appear to be linear, so we can use them to compare/scale characters with/from each other, but not to get exact values.

Antvasima said:
As others have mentioned, the power levels do not appear to be linear, so we can use them to compare/scale characters with/from each other, but not to get exact values.
I'm sure Toriyama himself said powerlevels are worth jack-sh*t anyway as characters can change them just by trying?

Regarding power levels, Toriyama once implied that higher power level = higher physical stats. So someone with a PL of two times higher than another person is definitely stronger, faster and more durable, but it isn't in a linear fashion.

Well, this is an old thread, so I will close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back