• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What you most dislike about your favorite verse?

An idea that struct me while thinking how Transformers became most recognized by his money grabbing movies rather than his amazing comics and games.

This is just fun and games, so if somebody disliked something that you love from the same verse you love dont get all up in arms, this is just for fun and opinion based, not a fact.

And please try to avoid talking about fanbases, we are talking about official stuff, I we would also talk about fandoms all of this would be in the Sonic category.

KarmodF said:
And please try to avoid talking about fanbases, we are talking about official stuff, I we would also talk about fandoms all of this would be in the Sonic category.
So is everyone like

Ignoring this part of the OP?

Surprised that anyone hasn't mentioned inconsistency in power. It's really annoying sometimes.

But mainly I dislike when the writers make the characters act. like idiots for the sake of the plot.

Shin Megami Tensei Edit : really sorry, i didnt read the post clearly. Anyway, it's would be SMT inconsistency in cosmology from games to games. Some time it would make a hella mes.

Zelda: its timeline is probably one of the most messed up timelines in videogames. I understand that starting from scratch without being bound to continue a plot actually permit the Zelda games to be pretty original without changing the core, but you can't reference past games while doing so, or you'll just create contradictions

Pokemon: the most inconsistent fiction ever, probably on par with Marvel and DC.

Kirby: the story mode is faaar too easy

Fairy Tail: the protagonist is an idiot (like pretty much every shonen character except Izuku and a couple of others) and the final battle was extremely anti-climatic

Death Note: post-L's death. It seemed like they had to continue the story just to make Kira lose. And Misa

Akame Ga Kill: the Zero manga has more fan service than what I can take. The original manga itself doesn't have any particular flaw that I can think of.

Touhou: Recent surge of canon fanservice that I'm not too fond of. But more in general, the verse always try to not be too serious, which gets annoying when plot points that could be interesting if treated seriously are just laughed off.

Undertale: Short. Also, graphically subpar.

Minecraft: Can get rather repetitive. Also the influx of updates (Which are still nice) kinda ruin mods.

MGQ: Way too much stock elements (be it in term of music, sound effects and some graphics), which means it fails to have its own identity at times.

Terraria: Early game is painfully tedious. Also the limited map means that new content is almost impossible to add now.

Yume Nikki: Lack of updates means the game is kinda dead now. Also still tedious to navigate.

Yume 2kki: Tries too hard to be like Yume Nikki without actually understanding WHY it was this way, resulting in some rather meaningless decisions.

OFF: Subpar graphics and tedious gameplay. The latter generally just feels like the creator didn't know what they were doing.

Lisa: Subpar graphics. The Joyful wasn't as good as it could have been.

The Witch's House: Stock elements and limited story in the actual game itself.

Imscared: Doesn't explore its story potential enough. Also a bit too much jumpscares.

Starbound: Story fell flat to me. Open World and story don't mesh well.

Pokémon: Too kiddy and glosses over a lot of stuff as a result.

DDLC: The "twist" is way too easy to tell and the first part is kinda not that good.

Spooky: Bug-filled, Doesn't know if it should take itself seriously or not.

BRS: The story in most versions really isn't that great.

AGK: Simple,forced to be an edgy shonen is really annoying for me,and the story is not too good either it was manga and anime,tbfh AGK will be perfectly fit in seinen genre than shonen.

FT: Same with Triforce and add too much fanservice and nakama trash power bullshit.

Dark Souls: Overzealous anticheat, enemy placement in SOTFS, magic either being terrible or really OP

Magic: The Gathering: Card prices

Destiny: Oversimplification of gameplay in 2, scaling back of the abilities in 2 by increasing cooldowns and decreasing effectiveness, 2 making the game way easier just to try to be accessible but not making it easier in a good way, weak/uninteresting exotics in 2, basically I don't like Destiny 2 very much

Those are just some I could think of off of the top of my head.

All of the different timelines with Tiga, Dyna, Gaia, Agul, Cosmos, Justice and sometimes they don't explore a characters traits much like with Ultraman Legend and not to mention some of the Ultras after 80 and before Tiga

Digimon - Most of TRI. I mean seriously, it's really something if you can get me to stop caring about one of my longtime favorite childhood series after the third movie.

Gundam - Iron-Blooded Orphans. I was turned off by the absurdly tiny waists in the mecha designs and the fact that the main character is a total sociopath with zero ambition. Also, Twilight Axis for sucking in general (animation, story, e.t.c.)

Fate - Overly fanservicey designs and character modifications that are a disservice to the original stories (i.e. Artemis, the virgin hunter goddess, being a lovestruck bimbo).

Halo: Aside from the generally toxic and whiny fanbase, it has a lot of errors. A shiton a novels and comics out there that make perfectly understanding the story as a whole really difficult. Difficult enough that the writing in the newer games doesn't match the lore of the books. Strongly lacking in good fights. Locke vs Master Chief was one of THE worst fights in fiction..... period. The newer writer Brian Reed(Who has been fired thank ******* god) killed off a villain with amazing potential in a comic, along with placing in a bunch of robots that confused the hell out of lore heavy fans like myself who read the Forerunner novels. In the original trilogy, Bungie had an obnoxious obsession with making the protagonist flat and dull. Literally the poorest and laziest form of storytelling. This is all I can think of.

Ben 10: Has a generally childish view on heroism, and goes to unnecessarily great lengths to steer clear of violent themes in Omniverse. The romance between Gwen and Kevin felt forced. The fights are pretty slow and dull. With a lot of villains and heroes getting fodderized in a matter of seconds a lot of the time. After seeing anime series like Akame ga Kill, My Hero Academia, and One Punch Man, etc the fights in Ben 10 tend to make me yawn. The genuine ship between Ben and Julie was scrapped for no good reason, and their supposed reason for breakup is completely absurd, and all for the sake of forcing Ben into a relationship with Kai Green.

Hunter X Hunter: I dislike how so many of the fighters in the series always seem to be super analytical geniuses able to discern someone's flaws in a moments notice. It made sense for the protagonists and some villains, but when fodders started doing so it got repetitive. Gon ends up horribly injuring himself, and sacrificing his Nen entirely to defeat Pitou as revenge for Kite's death. Well? Guess what happens not long later? Kite is still alive.... as a woman, making Gon's whole sacrifice completely and utterly pointless. The writer also has an obnoxious obsession with Trap, and Transgender characters. I have nothing against Transgenders, but there are literally like 3-5 characters in the series that strongly resemble a female.... but are really dudes. Just.... why? Why does Hunter x Hunter out of all series need this kind of stuff repeated constantly?

Akame ga Kill: While I do not think it is as Edgy as people say it is. Additonally, people throw around that term way too much, but it does have issues. My biggest gripe was Akame not getting all the screen time, despite her name being in the damned title of the series. The lack of worldbuilding is almost as bad as One-Punch-Man. We barely know anything about the world, and the primary setting has an extremely generic name. Many characters end up dying before getting a solid ammount of development. But overall, these are all the issues I see with it as of now.

My Hero Academia: Not a whole lot, aside from the fact that Eri's rewind ability has opened the door to some serious Deus ex Machina crap if the writer is not carefull.

One- Punch Ma: The world building is laughable to be frank. Joke or not, Saitama is dull as hell, and now I'm always finding myself rooting for Garou rather than Saitama. Hell, even Genos is preferable to Saitama. I feel like as a "Joke" series, it is starting to overstay its welcome quite a bit.

I am thinking (Is more to hoping really) that at one point One Punch man will die in a tragic way, shocking everyone because his power was his undoing and Genos will be the protagonist

Shantae: The story and characters progression is so FREAKING SLOW, it's been 20 years and we barely learned how Bolo fights, and how Shantae father might looks like... It will take another 20 to reveal how her mother looks like T__T

Devil May Cry: It ended... No, really. DMC as a series (not speaking about the Reboot) has left a lot of unanswered questions like: How Did Sparda died, What exactly is this God Of Time from which we're buying upgreades, How the angels looks like (we saw a lot of items made from their bodies/blood) but we never got any real angel in any game, yet it's confirmed they exist in the universe, same goes with God that created this universe.

Trine: Main characters cant die, which takes all of the tension out of the picture.

Orcs Must Die: The strongest characters that were stated to be beyond human/orcs limits, never showed anything to scale them really high, or scale them at all.

God Of War (Before Kratos became part of Norse Mythology): I basically hated Kratos, but in the new series I do like him.

Back