• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What type of regen would this apply to?

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
I believe I have encountered a type of regeneration that the site doesn't currently address, but before I made a staff discussion, I wanted to pose this question, what Regen rating do we grant to someone who can regenerate from the complete destruction of their soul as long as their physical body is still intact?

Mid-Godly refers to when Body, Soul, and Mind are destroyed and then regenerated, Low-Godly applies to when the physical body is completely destroyed and is regenerated, but the soul still exists for that to happen, so what do we give to someone who can regenerate from having their soul be completely destroyed as long as the body is still intact?

Help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
I'm not sure what it qualifies when it's just their soul and not their body. And actually, Mid-Godly applies, when it's body, soul and mind being erased. It would be regeneration but not sure how it would be rated to just regenerate the soul.

See I thought it might be Low-Godly, but Low-Godly only mentions the complete destruction of the body, not the soul, this may just involve adding a specific new justification for Low-Godly regen

ehhh but then we run into issues, no?

For example, currently stuff like regen-neg is based on the tier of regen you negate. However, negating regeneration of the soul wouldn't inherently translate to negating regeneration of the flesh, imo.

So then should this get a new kind of regen?
Dunno. I'd probably moreso classify this as Soul Manip, given Regen has a more rigid progression system and is more heavily defined.

Well this is still regen, it’s just that someone is able to regenerate their soul after it was completely destroyed

But I’ll admit it’s very different from the rest of the regen ratings

Mega godly.

A more serious answer, I think mid-godly is fine with reliant immortality (if it does actually rely on the body, if not? Then yeah mid godly is fitting).

Well this is still regen, it’s just that someone is able to regenerate their soul after it was completely destroyed

But I’ll admit it’s very different from the rest of the regen ratings
I agree that it's a type, but if it is specifically tied to the soul and nothing else, I'd just classify it as Soul Manip since it doesn't really fit in with the escalating scale of our Regeneration page.

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate even after the complete destruction of the body and soul/mind.

I think that this could apply, if we changed the wording of it to:

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate even after the complete destruction of both the body and soul/mind, or the complete destruction of only the soul/mind so long as the body exists.

Thoughts?

I think a rewording of low-godly might be more appropriate.
It's still a very unique instance, but low-godly may fall under the circumstance of when an aspect of someone is destroyed but can still reform because on other still exists, it's just unconventional to have a mind/soul/AI/whatever destroyed before the body.

Personally I agree with rewording either Low-Godly or Mid-Godly to account for this specific kind of regen, I don’t have a preference over either

My sole issue is that these suggested changes **** up how other abilities interact with Regeneration. Regenerating soul and nothing else doesn't neatly fit into our current system. s'pose people would like their godlies.

My sole issue is that these suggested changes **** up how other abilities interact with Regeneration. Regenerating soul and nothing else doesn't neatly fit into our current system. s'pose people would like their godlies.
Well I guess we’d just have to be specific in how we word the justifications in ones profile, like clarifying that said regen may only apply to the soul, not to mention that the specific case that I am referring to doesn’t just have regen of the soul, it’s just unclear to what level the body can regen as well, like said individual can regenerate from physical damage like decapitation, but besides that, physically we don’t know how much they can regenerate compared to how they are able to regenerate from the complete destruction of the soul

I would write it as it's own power, as is not more "potent" than regrowing an arm. Although personally I would consider Low-Godly as it's own power as well, as recreating ones body do not necessary means the character can regen limbs or organs at a fast rate, or even regenerate them at all.

Yeah, making it Mid-Godly seems to be reachy; it looks like it's own power yes. Though, it's similar to characters who can only regenerate from very specific levels of destruction.

Is it own thing, not related to our conventional levels of regeneration; would call it "Self Recreation/Reforming" (that froma point of view, it would also cover Low-Godly; Body Recreation for our Low-Godly, and Soul Recreation for the current ask).

I’d be fine with having it’s own separate ability related to this, however I’d also be fine if we decided to add a “Soul Regen” section to the regeneration page and specify that it refers to regeneration of the soul

Honestly I would say this is more soul Manip then regen, we already count repairing damage to your soul as resistance to soul Manip (As shown with Kirby)

Honestly I would say this is more soul Manip then regen, we already count repairing damage to your soul as resistance to soul Manip (As shown with Kirby)
Well I don’t really like that idea because it kinda doesn’t really explain the specific ability, like the soul is completely destroyed and then it heals itself back into creation

That doesn’t really feel like Soul Manip

I wouldn't consider as such, is even possible that regenerating spiritual damage is not quite a power unless is not possible to heal in verse or regeberate at a higher rate than the average in the verse.

I don’t see why simply applying an explanation for how the power works within the page is such an issue, one weird ability does not constitute changing the wording of our regen standards

Ye, one can always write how the power works, linking it to the ability it most approach (like Regeneration or Healing). As a name, one just can give one that people can catch with ease.

Why not just give that character Regeneration (without a specific level) but detail how his Regeneration works?

Something like this:

Regeneration (Has shown the ability to regenerate his soul)

While he can regenerate from having his soul completely destroyed that doesn't really mean he can regenerate his whole body, so that's the best thing I came up with

I didn't read all posts so maybe someone already mentioned it

Like, this thing is literally the opposite of our definition of Low-Godly, so it really doesn't fit into any of our types even if Low-Godly is the closest one because, again, the effect would be reversed.

I don't think it fits in our system. Sounds like a limited form of mid-godly or opposite of low-godly. I don't think this type of regen is at all common and I think simply detailing it on the profile without changing anything might be best.

Unlocked this so I can clear up this misconception. Regeneration is a physical phenomenon. Even the Godly regen levels require your physical body to be restored in some capacity to be considered regeneration. Everything else falls under the umbrella of resistances, immortality, or resurrection.

Back