• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What type of regen would this apply to?

I think this was reopened to argue semantics? But it doesn't really fit into our own regeneration standards regardless. It isn't resistance in this context, just classify it as a specific form of self-Soul Manip and move on. Yeesh.

Well, I still think that it fits best under Mid-Godly, but we should probably close this thread, yes.

Quick little input. Would having like

Low-Godly: Type 1 (Body Regeneration), Low-Godly: Type 2 (Soul Regeneration), Low-Godly: Type 3 (Mind Regeneration) be out of the question? If it only applies to one of them, I see no reason as to why this couldn’t work.

Agree with AKM, just soul regen with the body still intact doesn't fit well with out system thanks to the different and weird way each verse can treat the soul and the like. It's best to just explain in a note or in the P&A section.

Agree with AKM, just soul regen with the body still intact doesn't fit well with out system thanks to the different and weird way each verse can treat the soul and the like. It's best to just explain in a note or in the P&A section.
AKM huh

I think that you both said something rather similar.

Anyway, it is probably a good solution.

And what happens if the character had no physical body to beging with? And still regenerated his soul from complete destruction

Yes, that sounds like a form of mid-godly to me.

Does the mind/Consciousness also disappear when the soul dies/gets destroyed/erased etc? I think for it to be mid-godly wouldn't both the soul and mind also have to be gone? not just one of them (The soul?)?

Saying “I regenerated my soul” doesn’t change what I said. But if for some odd reason, it’s generally agreed upon, then fine. It’d be the last time I ever touch a regeneration thread. I’m sick of people not listening.

I listened. I disagreed. I also disagree with this being classified normally under regeneration. But it is equally as unfitting to claim it is outright resistance.

Sera:

Please elaborate regarding why you think so. Thank you.

Why you do not think that it is regeneration that is.

Better to simply qualify the power as something different rather than a subset of Regeneration (although may be akin to it or Healing). People have the wrong impression that any power not listed in the wiki either does not exist or have to be a "type" of one of our existing powers.

It all depends on the verses and how they treat their power/regeneration. There are verses that treat the soul as something that can regenerate and it's not them manipulating it, an immortality or resurrection. It's plain regeneration.

@Antvasima

Regeneration begins with the body. We only make an exception if there is no body (like a spiritual or abstract entity of sorts), unless that soul is fundamentally similar to a physical body like in the case of Bleach souls. Soul restoration from a completely unharmed body is not classified as regeneration under any notable example I can think of, so for our purposes we shouldn’t either.

Well, to me, recovering from absolute consciousness/spiritual destruction seems like regeneration as well. I do not see why the different type of existence should make this an exception.

Because it’s automatically being treated as some higher regeneration without considering the possibility that it’s some type of rare soul healing power (which would be an application of soul manipulation).

Say someone got their body sucked dry by a vampire, completely. All their blood is basically gone, however they were able to restore all blood they’ve lost faster than normal. Is that regeneration or blood manipulation? I don’t see why the soul should be any different just because it’s non-physical and healing it naturally bears some resemblance to mid godly regen.

Last edited:
The above is what I've been saying, aye.

Well, I do not think that it seems like a good comparison, but it seems like others disagree with me.

I would appreciate if the people I notified earlier could provide some input though.

My opinion on this is the same as that of the people up there: Reforming your soul alone is way too specific as an ability and doesn't actually fit into a linear progression of levels of Regeneration, as those take the physical body as the basis and then quantify feats where it's reduced to smaller and smaller parts, until levels where it's destroyed entirely alongside some more primal component. If the body is unharmed and the soul is the only thing regenerating, then it's just a different process that's more adjacent to the aforementioned one than anything.

Personally, I'd just place it as an explanation in-between parentheses in the Powers and Abilities list, and we already do something similar for a few characters, like the Archangels from Supernatural, for instance.

I agree with Sera and Ultima. Best to not make things any more confusing than they already are.

I can agree that it should just be regeneration/soul manipulation with a note. That's in fact what I did in the case of Vandalieu. (although that case wasn't complete destruction)

Okay. That seems fine as a solution then. Thank you for helping out with input.

Am I wrong or there are a lot of non-corporeal/abstract/higher/beyond dimensional etc... characters with regeneration (generally a high level) listed as a power?
If the power itself is strictly related to the physical body, then it should be removed from all those characters than don't have one in the first place, and applied only to their avatars/manifestations if they make use of one.

That's because they lack a physical body and their non-corporal/abstract/etc body act as their base, and they have to regen that to continue to act. Mavis however still has her body act as her base and her destroyed projection returned to said unharmed body, thus it's not Regeneration as the base aspect of their existence was unharmed and didn't need to be restored.

Our regeneration levels do not apply to non-corporeal characters (merely appearing to have a body do not counts).

Is some staff member willing to apply DontTalkDT's solution?

I can agree that it should just be regeneration/soul manipulation with a note. That's in fact what I did in the case of Vandalieu. (although that case wasn't complete destruction)
Coronzon would also be an example, no? Touma destroyed her soul and then it was recreated after sometime.

Back