• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What Tier would Yukari Yakumo be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I'm looking to justify Yukari's tier ranking,

Yukari currently is Tier 5-A. Which is horribly wrong. Yukari has very immense powers due to her Boundary Manipulation. It has been stated that Yukari has no Weaknesses even as far as straight up killing her.[1]. She is somewhere above tier 2-B but I'm not sure what category is she.

Let's review her facts:

She has Boundary Manipulation, the ability to manipulate boundaries. EX: Manipulating borders between existing and non-existence, Wave and particle, Matter and Anti-Matter. She can manipulate any border as long as it's not too vague. She can also Create and Destroy boundaries.

She possesses powerful intellect, for example being to know when a constellation overlaps a specific star. Or being able to know even impossible questions in math.

Capabilities:

She could destroy Gensokyo out of existence if she desired. Gensokyo is a whole reality, meaning Yukari can destroy entire realities.[2].

Her Powers and Abilities are stated by ZUN that they are above even Imagination.[3]

I would like to debate on the Tier to justify her Ranking. If I missed something please inform me. Thanks!

You only ever gave on reason coming even remotely close to being a justification for her being 2-B: And it's wrong, because Gensokyo is an extremely small alternate reality. Its original form was small enough to fit inside Japan.

Something that few Touhou fans seems to get is that Yukari's powers have never been portrayed as used on a global scale. Ever. While her ability is powerful, it is purely hax and not something that can be used to get AP from.

I am with Saikou on this one. I would love to wank my favorite waifu to 2-B. But the truth is, Gensokyo isnt that big. And if what Saikou said is true, that would be Low 6-B. And if you dont accept my view or Saikous, I am sure Promstein and Filfourine would also disagree (and they are the biggest touhou fans I know on here.)

Not sure where 5-A comes from tho.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Arguably Okina has more AP feats than Yukari (But her feat is an outlier).
Well in all seriousness, who did the original 5-A feat for all touhou scaling anyway?

But that said, Saikou makes sense.. But if you are very set on this, ask Promstein and Filflourine I guess to comment.

Suika did a 5-A, Miko did a 5-A, Marisa did a 5-A, everyone did a 5-A.

Which is why it would take tons of feats to try and upgrade Touhou beyond this level.

Ahh. Thanks, but wouldn't be judging her capabilities by Physical Attack Measurements be unfair? Not to indulge into meta too much but that seems flawed. Also, I guess you're saying that to qualify one's power, they need to prove it right?

I mean, yeah. That's how it works in VS Debating in general.

Yukari would need one hell of a proof, when even the Lunarians have shown Star level feats at best (Not counting Amitabha and co)

Also I guess I agree with you KinkiestSins. (...) I would love to have Yukari higher, but I guess it just can't be done. (Out of topic I guess this is why UT Fanboys claim Chara is higher than Yukari.)

>Yukari is in a thread

I heard waifu. Was I summoned?

In all seriousness, Saik is right. And while I'd love to put Yukari up against my favorite llama, she sits at a pretty strong 5-A.

The real cal howard said:
>Yukari is in a thread

I heard waifu. Was I summoned?

In all seriousness, Saik is right. And while I'd love to put Yukari up against my favorite llama, she sits at a pretty strong 5-A.
Hands of my waifu Cal!

Find another touhou character, she is mine.

Code:
╠ÂS╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âc╠Âa╠Ân╠ ╠Âm╠Âa╠Ân╠Âi╠Âp╠Âu╠Âl╠Âa╠Ât╠Âe╠ ╠Âm╠Ây╠ ╠Âb╠Âo╠Âu╠Ân╠Âd╠Âa╠Âr╠Âi╠Âe╠Âs╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Ây╠Âd╠Âa╠Ây╠Â... ;)

I saw her first!

She manipulated the boundaries of love and hate to turn the pretty obvious hate b**** I had into-

You know what? I'm gonna leave it right there.

That sounds like the kind of fanfiction that's so insane that it actually exist.

Before this thread is closed, is there a raw number that we have for touhou characters other then 'they are large planet level' If she is in the ninatons range, I have a few matchups for them..

@KinkiestSins

Not that I know of, their 5-A feat comes from destroying a pocket realm that was 230,000-ish kilometers in diameter or something which is around double the size of Jupiter.

Like, 700 Yottatons-ish would be my estimate but don't quote me on that.

Darkanine said:
@KinkiestSins
Not that I know of, their 5-A feat comes from destroying a pocket realm that was 230,000-ish kilometers in diameter or something which is around double the size of Jupiter.

Like, 700 Yottatons-ish would be my estimate but don't quote me on that.
/sigh

cant match her up to best waifu then..

Also Marisa having a attack which destroys two large planets. Also Yukari regenerating the barrier between Gensokyo and the Netherworld, which is larger than Hell... And other stuff.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
I have the perfect reason why Yukari should be High 2-A

Because she hot

There try to debunk that.
Imma have to concede with logic this infallible

IIIRawsomeIII said:
I love how this devolved from a discussion about tiers into a discussion about waifus.
waifus come first even in heated discussions

@Matthew Schroeder
"Also Marisa having a attack which destroys two large planets. Also Yukari regenerating the barrier between Gensokyo and the Netherworld, which is larger than Hell... And other stuff."

If Marisa destroyed 2 Large Planets at once, then shouldn't that be "At least 5-A" (IIRC) or no?

Other than that, another thing is if the others are interested of listening to this, someone made an post about proving how the Onis & the Vampires of Touhou Project could be Universal w/ the help of someone else that provided scans & evidence for it here: https://plus.google.com/+SnakySnake/posts/3GxgjVomrEQ

I heavily disagree with their claim about Yukari manipulating her "Boundary of Wave and Particle" spell card which they consider to be also called "the concept of Wave-particle duality" & assumed that it fully proves that Genosokyo contains an infinite-dimensional structure. Wtf? How?

@Magi 5-A is one of the largest tiers on here before we get to tier 4 and higher. Destroying even two jupiter size objects would be around mid end 5-A.

KinkiestSins said:
@Magi
5-A is one of the largest tiers on here before we get to tier 4 and higher. Destroying even two jupiter size objects would be around mid end 5-A.
I guess Marisa has to be proven to destroy the majority of the planets or at least half of them in the solar system in order to get that rating then. So anyways, what do you think about the link to the Google+ post?

This isn't the place to discuss this.

Also, 5A can consist of 700 yottatons to 30k yottatons, it's that big.

I don't think these people get that assuming that Heaven = Parasdie will just mean that Suika's feat will be considered a fat outlier.

If this is accepted this just means gg one less 5-A feat.

Anyway this thread is over I guess? Even the waifu talk is over so rip.

Take your 3-A nonsense on another thread if you so strongly believe in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back