• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What tier would the following calc yield

A mass in kg of 70.8 and a speed of 2997924581 meters per second, trying to found how hard Quicksilver would hit at his highest speed, he's labelled faster than radio waves so I used the speed of a radio wave and the mass is the average weight of a man from europe.

that is 10 times faster than light, find the DC parting from this is impossible due that the physic laws, that would be infinite KE, and can't be applicable

Using the relativity calculator :

Plug mass and speed into the calculator (keep in mind that the speed listed above doesn't work in the calculator; you would have to decrease speed to 299790000m/s instead), you would get KE value of:

3.182E+18 Joules, or about 7.604e8 Tons of TNT (Newtonian KE = 0.5mv^2)

1.640E+20 Joules; 3.92e10 Tons of TNT (Relativistic KE (factoring in relativity))

Mountain level, and Island level respectively.

Edit: Wow just realized that is 10x faster than light. I ignored the one at the very end just in case.

That's in term of simple, Newtonian physics that's don't count on the effect of relativistic physic though. Like atoniofer said, it's not really applicable.

Edit: Oops, not reading the post clearly again. The point stay the same though.

So, has this question been answered, or?

Also, in the rules page shown here, there is no rule that says that you cannot derive kinetic energy from speed, provided that the speed of the moving object is shown, or calculated.

This rule only goes up to 4x the Newtonian Value however (93 percent speed of light).

Ah, fair enough I guess. Seeing that Quiksilver comes nowhere near close to Mountain level/Island level feats, although the statement "much higher" could mean Quiksilver could potentially go up that high in terms of AP.

Then again, Quiksilver's speed is actually FTL+ so we can't derive KE from his relativistic speed feats unfortunately.

There's actually a couple calc's from EM where he has Quicksilver at Sub-Rela....or maybe it's just 1?

IDK if that's one that one would want to use here for him, however. Most of them got Quicksilver in the MHS to MHS+ range, with a few putting him at FTL to FTL+...

Hm, take the low end of MHS and highest we can go without being lightspeed and use the two results as his high and low?

I guess? Hang on, i can send the results/tally page thing of EM's if you need to see them. @Penguin

The results of his speed MHS+ speed? Sure, I'll take the results of them and take the low ball of them and then use the calc we use for lightspeed character and kinetic energy, it may have to wait awhile, but once I get them, I'll get back to you

Back