• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lighter-Than-Robert Wadlow Kinetic Energy

Alright so I found out here-
KLOL506 said:
Can't use KE out of it because the volleyball isn't heavy enough to qualify. You now need to be as heavy as Robert Wadlow (200 kg, equal to that of a lion's worth of mass) for KE that high to qualify unless you're involved in a tackle-like maneuver or you achieve ablation) as per this CRT which got accepted but still didn't get applied, but escape velocity is 11 km/s. It being a gag feat means ****-all to it being an indexing feat. We use gag feats all the time if they're shown in a sensible manner, unless you wanna call Superman casually blowing a sun away or Wonder Woman lasso'ing a sun as unusable.
Question- does apply to literally every KE Feat now? (Besides The Real World Calcs obviously because physics works IRL).

As in, is AP from KE for normal sized people or small projectiles no longer allowed? Because I'm confused.

Alright so I found out here-

Question- does apply to literally every KE Feat now? (Besides The Real World Calcs obviously because physics works IRL).

As in, is AP from KE for normal sized people or small projectiles no longer allowed? Because I'm confused.
We were actually discussing this exact question in this thread.

DT says KE for throwing objects was always allowed, but when I asked about feats like punches, tackles into walls, kicks, throws, etc. for stuff lighter than Robert Wadlow he said this:

"Throws are one thing. Tackles, kicks etc. fall into the same problem as what I said above. Fiction has speedster characters and speed is treated as separate from AP. That's the whole reason we have those restrictions. If a character can run with Mach 100 obviously he can also punch as fast, but it hence shouldn't apply for the same reason.

We had consensus on that matter when the rule was made, so I can't see that changing and it, quite frankly, goes beyond the scope of this thread. If you want to change the existing rules make a new one so that the proposal gets the appropriate attention."

To which I and Armorchompy disagreed and proposed a new CRT be made to remove this distinction because it arbitrarily locks out punching/kicking/tackling of certain-sized objects to send them flying at a set speed for absolutely no reason because by that logic we have to discard bullet AP as well.

As for why we disagreed, it's because we weren't asking about the puncher or the tackler, but rather the punch victim or tackle victim that's being sent flying/hurling at that speed after said tackle. That and of course it's an arbitrary restriction which kind of makes no sense.

Last edited:
DT says KE for throwing objects was always allowed, but when I asked about feats like punches, tackles into walls, kicks, throws, etc. for stuff lighter than Robert Wadlow he said this:

"Throws are one thing. Tackles, kicks etc. fall into the same problem as what I said above. Fiction has speedster characters and speed is treated as separate from AP. That's the whole reason we have those restrictions. If a character can run with Mach 100 obviously he can also punch as fast, but it hence shouldn't apply for the same reason.
Ah, alright- but what if the character-
1. Specifically uses kinetic energy as their means of attacking folks- as in they literally say "If I combine the speed of the dragonfly... with the full weight of the human body-! You might be bigger than me, but that punch should do the trick!" (On mobile so I can't get images atm)
2. Doesn't just do attacks which send people flying where not all of their Kinetic Energy would be transferred, but also slams people into walls/the ground where they come to a dead stop, and also withstand their own crashing into the ground.
3. Are stated to helpless if their wings are bound, and portrayed as much weaker while immobilized on several occasions.
4. Do realistic damage to their surroundings compared to their Kinetic Energy (High-ish end of Wall level, and similar characters leave small indents in the ground under their footsteps when running at full speed)

Is KE for regular human weight okay to use then?
We had consensus on that matter when the rule was made, so I can't see that changing and it, quite frankly, goes beyond the scope of this thread. If you want to change the existing rules make a new one so that the proposal gets the appropriate attention."

To which I and Armorchompy disagreed and proposed a new CRT be made to remove this distinction because it arbitrarily locks out punching/kicking/tackling of certain-sized objects to send them flying at a set speed for absolutely no reason because by that logic we have to discard bullet AP as well.
(Gtg to class now but before then- aren't most bullet calcs for The Real World, which follows physics?)

Ah, alright- but what if the character-
1. Specifically uses kinetic energy as their means of attacking folks- as in they literally say "If I combine the speed of the dragonfly... with the full weight of the human body-! You might be bigger than me, but that punch should do the trick!" (On mobile so I can't get images atm)
As long as the person getting hit is sent flying at the same speed or is tackled into a wall/into the ground, yes, I see no reason why it can't be applied.

2. Doesn't just do attacks which send people flying where not all of their Kinetic Energy would be transferred, but also slams people into walls/the ground where they come to a dead stop, and also withstand their own crashing into the ground.
Exactly what I was talking about there too.

3. Are stated to helpless if their wings are bound, and portrayed as much weaker while immobilized on several occasions.
Not really necessary in this case.

4. Do realistic damage to their surroundings compared to their Kinetic Energy (High-ish end of Wall level, and similar characters leave small indents in the ground under their footsteps when running at full speed)

Is KE for regular human weight okay to use then?
I don't see why not, as long as the victim being sent flying by said attack is also flying at that exact specified speed or is tackled into a wall/into the ground where there'd be no room for energy absorption and both would come to a screeching halt.

(Gtg to class now but before then- aren't most bullet calcs for The Real World, which follows physics?)
Yes and so are most human-sized tackle values.

Back