• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What speed is moving in an infinitesimal moment in time?

something supertask yeah it should be infinite. as for the scans, I don't know. it could be an outlier cause if one of them is already moving at infinite speed then the other would be infinite in speed too which begs the question on why did they even use instant transmission in their fight if their natural speed is already instant or infinite
or if granolah have infinite speed how come gas was able to react to his movement unless he also have infinite speed which means he won't even need instant transmission if that is the case

something supertask yeah it should be infinite. as for the scans, I don't know. it could be an outlier cause if one of them is already moving at infinite speed then the other would be infinite in speed too which begs the question on why did they even use instant transmission in their fight if their natural speed is already instant or infinite
or if granolah have infinite speed how come gas was able to react to his movement unless he also have infinite speed which means he won't even need instant transmission if that is the case
It also could mean they can only achieve Infinite speed in short bursts, but that's my theory.
And it can just be an outlier.
Until further speed feats come along, I'm hesitant on using this tbh.

So, let me take this straight. We have a character teleporting via instant transmission and another character kicking him upon reappearance as he predicted where he would do so.
There clearly is time passing between the disappearance of the teleporting character and the reappearance.

So in order to explain away how time can pass during something that is supposed to be instant, the Dragon Ball people here wish to reinterpret the instant teleportation towards not being instant and instead taking an infinitesimal amount of time to happen. There is no actual evidence of it taking an infinitesimal amount of time to happen, that is just inferred so that the feat can yield results.

Meanwhile, the characters in this fight constantly use teleportation to dodge stuff, but the proposal here is that they move faster than that teleportation they abuse so much.

Ever considered that he maybe just teleported twice, once to dodge and once to reposition himself behind his opponent, as he has been doing constantly during that battle instead of the ultra high-end theory that doesn't align with... anything really?

Ever considered that he maybe just teleported twice, once to dodge and once to reposition himself behind his opponent
That seems like a baseless assumption. Especially if he teleported somewhere else and sees Granolah kicking towards where he planned to reappear with the second teleportation.

Also I'm pretty sure that people reacting to Instant Transmission is a problem for the technique regardless of how fast the move is.

So in order to explain away how time can pass during something that is supposed to be instant, the Dragon Ball people here wish to reinterpret the instant teleportation towards not being instant and instead taking an infinitesimal amount of time to happen. There is no actual evidence of it taking an infinitesimal amount of time to happen, that is just inferred so that the feat can yield results.
Are you implying Instant transmission is supposed to last less than an infinitesimal amount of time?
Meanwhile, the characters in this fight constantly use teleportation to dodge stuff, but the proposal here is that they move faster than that teleportation they abuse so much.
Hence Gas' shock.

So, let me take this straight. We have a character teleporting via instant transmission and another character kicking him upon reappearance as he predicted where he would do so.
There clearly is time passing between the disappearance of the teleporting character and the reappearance.

Ever considered that he maybe just teleported twice, once to dodge and once to reposition himself behind his opponent, as he has been doing constantly during that battle instead of the ultra high-end theory that doesn't align with... anything really?
The technique is stated to move instantly, move in an instant and as instantaneous movement numerous times in all the guides.
He did not teleport twice. Like it's extremely clear he didn't teleport twice, that is completely absurd.

What? I'm sure you didn't read the scan.
SfCKEeeUpGeds9fNX1pD1640022389.jpg

Granolah kicks, gas disappears.
lFZ3U6BO5u1cw8EJGTB81640022390.jpg

Granolah reacts, predicts and kicks gas before he reappears, gas reappears and gets tagged.
The tome frame between gas disappearing and reappearing is instant. This means granolah was moving in an instantaneous time frame, thus an infinite speed feat.
I don't see anything infinite speed here just gas reacting quickly to granolah after granolah predicted where he was gonna appear and he could still barely dodge it.

I don't see anything infinite speed here just gas reacting quickly to granolah after granolah predicted where he was gonna appear and he could still barely dodge it.
The speed feat would be Granolah's, him moving at all during IT is impressive.

Granolah predicting where Gas would appear probably have to do with Gas' lack of skill using IT rather than Granolah outspeeding IT, especially since that would make IT redundant as both would already be faster than their own technique

Granolah predicting where Gas would appear probably have to do with Gas' lack of skill using IT rather than Granolah outspeeding IT, especially since that would make IT redundant as both would already be faster than their own technique
They seem to be on the edge of it being redundant yeah, for short distances at least.
And it doesn't really matter how Granolah predicted where Gas was gonna be, what matters is that he moved before Gas reappeared.

An infinitely small time passes between disappearing and reappearing, so moving inbetween that is automatically infinite no matter what kind of mental gymnastics you use to deny it.

where's the evidence that time is passing again?

Anyways I do think the question in this thread has been answered, further discussion should preferably take place in a CRT.

For me, the context of “infinitesimal moment of time” can mean anything without context, so it would depend on what the verse is aware of.

Example, if the verse in question has “Planck Time” concept to acknowledge it’s existence, that would be a possible point of reference, but you would still need distance for speed calculation.

thoughts?

For me, the context of “infinitesimal moment of time” can mean anything without context, so it would depend on what the verse is aware of.

Example, if the verse in question has “Planck Time” concept to acknowledge it’s existence, that would be a possible point of reference, but you would still need distance for speed calculation.

thoughts?
The interpretation of the verse is irrelevant, the question is asking what would be the speed if the time it takes to complete the action approches zero.

The interpretation of the verse is irrelevant, the question is asking what would be the speed if the time it takes to complete the action approches zero.
That is the thing, it could be anything which could be outlier unless there is something in verse, another feat or concept to give context, besides you still need distance anywa.

That is the thing, it could be anything which could be outlier unless there is something in verse, another feat or concept to give context, besides you still need distance anywa.
You don't understand, I don't care abojt outlier or whatever, I am saying if the feat is legit what would it be quantified as, infinite or MFTL+?

You don't understand, I don't care abojt outlier or whatever, I am saying if the feat is legit what would it be quantified as, infinite or MFTL+?
it it's not zero, it would not be infinite, but still, it requires distances to get a speed. example, if someone moves a planck length in an infinitesimal measure of time, i don't think it qualifies as MFTL+.

Back