• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What Level are you if you have higher dimensional power, but are still bound by Time and The Multiverse?

Ok, so I was working on a profile for one of the A House of Many Doors characters, and an issue came up that I knew would come up eventually. There are higher dimensional objects, called Occelating Prisms (not to be confused with these Occelating Prisms), that seem to fold through higher dimensions, yet are still bound by Time and Seemingly are bound by the multiverse (I have my doubts about the latter, because I don't have a way to test it, but since they are not mentioned to have any real presence across the many layers of the mirror wise... anyway long story, let's just assume they are bound). They can be used for spatial manipulation and higher dimensional manipulation... but what tier are they? High 3-A is mentioned to be the tier for those who are 4th dimensional, but on less than a universal scale, but what about a being who is 6th dimensional, 7th dimensional, 8th dimensional, etc. on less than a universal scale?

Mind you, in A House of Many Doors, higher dimensional objects like these are traded around like just a rather expensive collector's item. Let me show you some of these beings:

The Priests of Angelcrab are beings with the favor and some abilities of their God who can also fold themselves seemingly into higher dimensions. Angelcrab, the God of Anti-Geometry, is a whole other can of worms, but we'll get back to him. However, they are not as problematic because they can actually get mamed, tho not killed (I assume the reason for their innability to be killed is both by Type 8 from their God and them not being able to be attacked fully by lower dimensional beings), by The Kinetopede captain and presumably the Pirate Priests from The Church of The Swollen Panteon. So we know that in their case, its higher dimensional manipulation and them moving across higher dimensions while somewhat maintaining their physically lower dimensional power. Still, what level are their hax? What level would you have to be to fully kill them?

Abjah is another major issue. Abjah, The God-Shaped Void, is the Lady(?) of darkness, silence, and non-existence. She exists in, No, IS the void outside of "everything" and is in all darkness, yet is still confined to the house (at least in her lower form). She is higher dimensional since she is above the reaches of everything else, yet it seems her lower forms are still bound to the flows of time.

Angelcrab is the lord of Anti-Geometry, and is basically the lord of everything that exists in opposition to everything that is bound to conventional geometry. He is most certainly higher dimensional, just considering that weird ass castle he made for fun that one time (which does actually exist along the 4th axis in some way). Basically anything to do with him has stuff folding into higher folds or defying space. With this said, I'm fairly sure he is still bound to time. So what power does that make him? Exists in far higher folds and beyond conventional geometry, yet is still seemingly bound by time?

Anyway, I need help on this

You can ask DarkLK, Azathoth, and DontTalkDT to comment here if you wish.

Being bound by time, while being higher dimensional is technically nothing too unusual. That just means the he neither has extent in the time dimensions, nor is able to freely go back and forth in it.

Consequence of that would simply be that the character has normal finite speed, which is not further unusual.

Moving through or existing in higher dimensions has generally nothing to do with tier, so we can disregard those points completely.

Now one thing you mentioned is that they "fold" through higher dimensions. One interesting question here is if they really just fold or are higher dimensional. Because if they just fold into higher dimensions they might still have just 3 dimensions, just like the surface of a paper is 2D even if you fold it into 3-D forms. Folding like that would be some sort of rare hax, that has no consequence on tiering.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
High 3-A is mentioned to be the tier for those who are 4th dimensional, but on less than a universal scale, but what about a being who is 6th dimensional, 7th dimensional, 8th dimensional, etc. on less than a universal scale?
Regardless of whether it actually applies here, let me answer this:

One has to remember that authors can write whatever they want. An author can create multiversal characters that are weaker than explicitely universal ones.

So Higher-dimensional characters that are explicitely not as powerful as that would first suggest aren't impossible. IIRC we had a similar thing with Get Backers once. Simply said, if the verse makes clear that it doesn't reflect their power, then rank them according to other showings.

So what dimensional power would that be? would I subtract whatever dimensional axis I think they are minus 2?

speed thing makes sense

Isn't being a higher dimensional structure applicable for a tier tho? I know with the priests of Angelcrab it is most certainly hax, but the occelating prism is weird

Yeah, I thought it may be as much for the priests at least.

I was more refering to something like Chuck Norris (Fact Book) kicking hard enough to attack time itself, but not seeming to be above universal in power. How do I rank that. Because they are clearly higher dimensional. Its not that I have an issue with them being higher dimensional on less than a universal scale, I just have no idea how to actually put that into the tier. For the Occultists who seem to be able to effect or call on the gods, I have already determined to simply say they can effect higher dimensions, but I do not know how to actually put down a stat for it for the beings who are physically that level. They have shown to be able to build, transcend, and effect higher dimensional structures, but I don't seem to have a way to properly reflect this in their tiering

Back