• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is tier for character that has near infinite power?

Nothing, that is usually just exaggeration. There is no near infinity, as you can keep getting infinitely higher than that. So you need feats in order to see what that "near infinite power" actually is.

But near infinite is something that's common thing in fiction tho,I can list many verses that use this term in literal sense

But near infinite is something that's common thing in fiction tho,I can list many verses that use this term in literal sense
Well it doesn't mean anything so you can't give it a tier, but I guess you can say they're way above the normal level of power the verse is on.

As long is he could unleash an output as powerful as such then it is 3-A I guess, something similarly to 2-B to 2-A.

Near infinite is ad infinite, forevermore.

This is just Unknown . "Near infinite" on its own is just exaggeration or emphasis on a character being far above anyone else at the moment.

No I don't talk about being exaggeration or something similar to it,we all know that any feat will be unknown if it's exaggeration,not only near infinite but infinite also will be tier unknown in that case

No I don't talk about being exaggeration or something similar to it,we all know that any feat will be unknown if it's exaggeration,not only near infinite but infinite also will be tier unknown in that case
Almost Infinite can't have a tier, because any degree of 3A would still be 0 to H3A
Unquantifiably below H3A baseline is the best solution i guess

Almost infinite is a thing, it is called as potential infinite in mathematic, an imperfect infinite that cannot be denoted with a symbol, we also already have an ad infinitum number of universes as 2-B for a reason. Now, say the scenario is a character that could launch almost infinite amount of joules in a punch.

Almost infinite is a thing, it is called as potential infinite in mathematic, an imperfect infinite that cannot be denoted with a symbol, we also already have ad infinite universes as 2-B for a reason. Now, say the scenario is a character that could launch almost infinite amount of joules.
In that case, 3A

Although ad infinite doesn't mean exactly "near Infinite"

I'm pretty sure it give no tier, we have many characters here with near infini/infini power that are lower than tier 6 because no feat to back up this statement.

Reactions: Sus
I'm pretty sure it give no tier, we have many characters here with near infini/infini power that are lower than tier 6 because no feat to back up this statement.
Pretty much this. Consistent enough statements of infinite power in individual attacks and such can give High 3-A tiering, provided they aren't outliers.

A "neat infinite" statement makes very little sense unless one draws on some out-of-left-field mathematics (assuming what Iskandar says is true) and on its own would just warrant either Unknown or "X, likely far higher".

Back