• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is Buddha 1-A feats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard people said that a version of Buddha is 1-A and I also came across a revision thread for Sun Wukong about it before but it's nowhere to be found. Can someone post it here pls?

It change with the tradition, but composite Buddha is not 1-A, is way higher than that, since a bodhisattva already inhabits pure lands that trascends all existence (samsara). But there you go:

""In actuality, Buddha is a wisdom body, beyond time and distance. The wisdom body of the Buddha is constant [rtag pa], since immeasurable time has no self-nature; his wisdom body is all-pervasive [khyab pa], since immeasurable dimensions have no self-nature. Since his wisdom body is beyond atoms and instants, beyond matter and time, it is possible for all atoms of all world systems to fit into a single atom and for all aeons to fit into a single second." wisdomlib.org - Text Sections 225-226 / Stanza 10

A bodhisattvas is a practicioner in the path to buddhahood, they can inhabit lands that trascend lands that trascend the three realms of exitence which includes the formless realms... They are already way higher tan baseline outerversal.

An a fully fledge buddha is incromphenesible even to the highest of bodhisattvas (tenth bhumi):

"The realm of buddhahood and the buddhas' enlightenment,
The buddha qualities and buddha activities,
Are unthinkable even to the purest sentient beings.
This is a realm belonging only to the leaders."

Composite Buddha is at least high 1.A, and some authors even imply that he is Tier 0

Ain Soph is easily tier 0 as far as I have been told, but not an actual character, but rather a philosophical concept, if I have understood correctly.

Ain Soph is totally Tier 0. I hope one day to see a page dedicated to Gnostic and Kabbalah ideas.

It is abstraction that has no way of being measured and quantified, rather it's tiny tiny eminations are to be seen as lesser infinities to be measured from.

It is said that even the Primordial Void/Concept of Nonexistence is merely a concept of which comes from Ain Soph although I'm not exactly sure how that works. Ain Sof is the Ultimate Ultimate Paradox.

All names of God are basically facets of its existence but none of them can be considered to be a percent of Ain Sophs true power. Rather the names exist to give a name to the Endlessness that exists beyond. And while these names can gather much power, it's not even close. And those named Concepts/Gods are Archetypal Ideas that can span across several/multiple/uncountable realities.
Divine Kiss
Before there was shape

It is forbidden to perceive the eternal one for names and shape cannot limit it

I like this approach to monotheism more granted. Rather then saying Entities like Yahweh or Baal don't exist, one could say they do exist and they are Supreme Entities but there is a Grand Force beyond and behind them all at once.

Ein Sof
Essence

Precisely. There's no way one could damage the endlessness of Ain Soph. It's already all embodying and ever present. To let alone meet and connect with Ain Soph is just to become Ain Soph. And even then, everything else is an emanation of it from the largest and most powerful Godhead to the tiniest of atoms.

Dreaming Serpent said:
Precisely. There's no way one could damage the endlessness of Ain Soph. It's already all embodying and ever present. To let alone meet and connect with Ain Soph is just to become Ain Soph. And even then, everything else is an emanation of it from the largest and most powerful Godhead to the tiniest of atoms.
I disagree with the statement that "Ain Soph" embodies different "Godheads". By definition a Godhead enmbodies everything so there you have it. Is like when people say shit like "Beyond omnipotent".

Now it is very interesting how all those concepts are similar between each other. Dharmakaya, Brahman and Ain Soph. All of them are speaking of a force beyond concepts and beyond meaning, that can`t be spoken about.

TheDivineHost said:
ShrektheHandsomeOgre said:
It change with the tradition, but composite Buddha is not 1-A, is way higher than that, since a bodhisattva already inhabits pure lands that trascends all existence (samsara). But there you go:

""In actuality, Buddha is a wisdom body, beyond time and distance. The wisdom body of the Buddha is constant [rtag pa], since immeasurable time has no self-nature; his wisdom body is all-pervasive [khyab pa], since immeasurable dimensions have no self-nature. Since his wisdom body is beyond atoms and instants, beyond matter and time, it is possible for all atoms of all world systems to fit into a single atom and for all aeons to fit into a single second." wisdomlib.org - Text Sections 225-226 / Stanza 10

A bodhisattvas is a practicioner in the path to buddhahood, they can inhabit lands that trascend lands that trascend the three realms of exitence which includes the formless realms... They are already way higher tan baseline outerversal.

An a fully fledge buddha is incromphenesible even to the highest of bodhisattvas (tenth bhumi):

Composite Buddha is at least high 1.A, and some authors even imply that he is Tier 0
Buddha never reach Outerversal, Transcendence in term of Buddhism isn't like that
Wrong....

First of all you didn`t argument, you just said a random opinion.

You need to understand what is meant by Buddha. in Theravada Buddha is an historical person that lived in india in 500BC. For mayahana things change, Buddha is equated with the emptiness and ultimate reality that permeates all things, AKA Dharmakaya or Dharmadhatu, is a concept very very similar to Brahman (Honestly lot of people included myself can`t differentiante it).

This kind of debates are pretty interesting to me, i am a theologist by hobby, spending lot of hours reading about Hinduism, Buddhism, Gnosticism and other ancient traditions. If you really think you have a point then we can keep the discussion in my page. Bye!

It is also pretty interesting that you only created that account in order to publish in this topic. So you are the backup account of who? Dreaming Serpent maybe?

I suppose that this particular discussion seems harmless, but it is likely best if we close this thread before it deteriorates.

I will close this thread. It isn't staying on topic, and is technically against our rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back