• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What haxes make up for a big speed gap

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Let's say we have a haxed character (subsonic) vs a haxless or less haxed character (FTL+, for example).

Can you name any hax (or haxes) that enables the slower one to win (not only inconclusive)?

Regenerationn, Intangibility, Time Manipulation, Instant Death with huge AoE.

Any combination of these would be enough except for the first two. If you couple Regenerationn and intangibility with huge AoE, you don't really need any other powers.

So time manipulation is more or less a staple for clearing the gap, right?

PaChi2 said:
So time manipulation is more or less a staple for clearing the gap, right?
Depends. If the slow character manages to slow down or stop time before he gets blitzed, then yes. There are other powers that would do the job too, though.

Gemmysaur said:
Accelerator's power or any good haxx that passively goes up and is not reliant on reflexes.
Accel's hax doesn't work against FTL characters though (or at least that's the way we treated it last time i checked), so if the character is FTL, it's pretty useless.

I would say it is some haxes coupled together. Cause they would need to survive an initial hypothetical blitz, some decent Regenerationn or precognition is a must. After that time manipulation is a big one, but things like instant death, reality warping or being able to control minds are big ones.

Gagamaru isn't listed in the wikia, what can that shield do?

NotEvenHuman said:
Accel's hax doesn't work against FTL characters though (or at least that's the way we treated it last time i checked), so if the character is FTL, it's pretty useless.
I was answering the question without using the example, but in general. Anyways, I put passive haxx in there as it is my point and Accel is only the example.

Can you name any hax (or haxes) that enables the slower one to win (not only inconclusive)?

The slower one has zero chance of reacting anyway so any non-passive haxx gets blitzed before its completed going by the speed gap of the slower and the faster in the example.

Unless the slower one can survive the blitz that is, with whatever haxx he is using being uninterrupted for the entire time.

Good Stat Amping/Debuffing can work too, being able to boost your speed tenfold while nerfing your enemies speed is quite effective. Only character that I recall being able to use it that effect was Elminster though.

Darkanine said:
Good Stat Amping/Debuffing can work too, being able to boost your speed tenfold while nerfing your enemies speed is quite effective. Only character that I recall being able to use it that effect was Elminster though.
There's Vali Lucifer from Highschool Boobs x Butt who can use something to that effect but the speed gap would make it so actually using that is a no-no unless durability to survive the blitz, or the speed gap isn't that large.

Hax that have passive effects are definately needed to avoid being blitzed - realistically the passive hax would probably alone need to make it so that the less haxed character could not defeat you. Something like existing as a being that is one dimensional higher than your enemy, or being invulnerbale / intangible to the type of attacks the enemy uses, or a mind control effect that dominates the will of anyone within range and the match starts in range, or something of that nature.

After you have the passive 'I cannot lose' hax advantage, the match becomes either a draw or a victory for the one who can't lose, however they go about finishing their enemy isn't really important.

For example I doubt that goku would be able to show up and blitz haruhi suzumiya since her power overwrites reality on a universal level passively to meet her desires and observations. The second goku entered into haruhis reality he would most likely just be erased as his existance does not fit in with the 'real world' as she sees it.

Back