• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question in this case could speed count for range? (and Also)

Alright say there's a Universe that 6-D (let's say all the universes meet the standards for there dimensions) inside that 6-D Universe there's a infinite amount of 5-D Universes within these 5-D Universes there's a infinite amount of 2-A Multiverse and in every single Universe in the 2-A Multiverse every single Universe is infinite in size physically.

Now let's say a character called X travels from the start to the end of the entire 6-D universe (through sheer physical speed, he did not use any abilities just sheer speed), now obviously the feat is Infinite speed and that's it for that.

However can it also count as range (6-D range via movement speed). To add to this, all the attack of X's attacks have a maximum range of 1 mile.

One more question can he get Spatial travel from this?

Last edited:
No, this would likely not count as range.

This would be like if I said I have a range of 10 meters with a pocket knife because I ran up to someone 10 meters away and stabbed them.

It wouldn't be range but it's something that should be noted in their speed section for feats. Their range would still only be 1 mile, it's just that they can bypass that weakness with speed.

They would probably have time travel via speed from the sounds of it.

It wouldn't be range but it's something that should be noted in their speed section for feats. Their range would still only be 1 mile, it's just that they can bypass that weakness with speed.

They would probably have time travel via speed from the sounds of it.
There aren't traveling timelines otherwise it'd count as immeasurable. From what I heard when it comes to these infinite speed feat, they're traveling the axis that separate the universe into another 1 (even though it shouldn't be possible without an ability). So I guess my range question is answered, then can they have spatial travel as a result?

Last edited:
Alright say there's a Universe that 6-D (let's say all the universes meet the standards for there dimensions) inside that 6-D Universe there's a infinite amount of 5-D Universes within these 5-D Universes there's a infinite amount of 2-A Multiverse and in every single Universe in the 2-A Multiverse every single Universe is infinite in size physically.

Now let's say a character called X travels from the start to the end of the entire 6-D universe (through sheer physical speed, he did not use any abilities just sheer speed), now obviously the feat is Infinite speed and that's it for that.

However can it also count as range (6-D range via movement speed). To add to this, all the attack of X's attacks have a maximum range of 1 mile.

One more question can he get Spatial travel from this?
No, it does not count as range. What we call range is how far a shot or attack you make from your position can affect. As said above, going and punching someone who is 100 meters away does not make my range 100 meters.

As for the second problem, it may vary depending on how the verse is defined. If it moves on a completely separate axis, I think we can say it immeasurable speed.

There aren't traveling timelines otherwise it'd count as immeasurable.
No, it wouldn't count as Immeasurable speed because you travelled timelines. In fact, without further context, it would be an anti-feat to those universes being spatially separate in the first place, and might constitute in a downgrade of the comsology itself, if it is not proven to be dimensional travel.

Last edited:
No, it wouldn't count as Immeasurable speed because you travelled timelines. In fact, without further context, it would be an anti-feat to those universes being spatially separate in the first place, and might constitute in a downgrade of the comsology itself, if it is not proven to be dimensional travel.
I was under the impression if you could time travel/hyper timeline travel through sheer speed (and I don't mean because you're FTL like it's commonly depicted in fiction) you would get it.

Well I've seen this feat in a few variations of just physically traveling through speed (that's all the context you get or maybe you get to see the background and them traveling through the infinite amounts of Universes passing by) an entire 2-A multiverse or a "Low 1-C Universe that contains a 2-A multiverse" or an entire 1-A Universe (though I can't remember where this was posted).

For the people of said verses (in this case they have a lot and not so little justifications for there cosmology's) I'd be pretty hard press to go and downgrade there entire cosmology to Low 2-C, it's like trying to claim 1 outliner overturns tons of established feats and downgrades an entire verse as a consequence.

In your opinion do you believe said feats should be assumed to be Dimensional Travel through sheer speed, in the scenario that there's too much evidence of the Cosmology's Universes being spatially separate?

I was under the impression if you could time travel/hyper timeline travel through sheer speed (and I don't mean because you're FTL like it's commonly depicted in fiction) you would get it.

Well I've seen this feat in a few variations of just physically traveling through speed (that's all the context you get or maybe you get to see the background and them traveling through the infinite amounts of Universes passing by) an entire 2-A multiverse or a "Low 1-C Universe that contains a 2-A multiverse" or an entire 1-A Universe (though I can't remember where this was posted).

For the people of said verses (in this case they have a lot and not so little justifications for there cosmology's) I'd be pretty hard press to go and downgrade there entire cosmology to Low 2-C, it's like trying to claim 1 outliner overturns tons of established feats and downgrades an entire verse as a consequence.
Well it depends on the mood of the Tier 2/1 overlords.

In your opinion do you believe said feats should be assumed to be Dimensional Travel through sheer speed,
The two are literal paradoxes. Sheer speed can't be dimensional travel, it's a literal anti-feat to spatial separation.

Dimensional travel would be akin to bypassing the distance by bridging the two realms with a portal or similar.

in the scenario that there's too much evidence of the Cosmology's Universes being spatially separate?
Depends on how strong your proof for those universes being spatially separate are.

Bump

I guess I'll add an additional scenario because I am interested in this topic.

If we are stated in a series that you need a Special space ship (it's teleporting using advance science) to cross the spatial axis to other Universes otherwise you physically can't (it's stated also), but then a God/Demon King/"that really OP guy"/etc
crosses (physically) the entirety of 2-A multiverse (let's go with that), but it's also stated that "only he could pull off such a feat" would it change anything?

Bump

I guess I'll add an additional scenario because I am interested in this topic.

If we are stated in a series that you need a Special space ship (it's teleporting using advance science) to cross the spatial axis to other Universes otherwise you physically can't (it's stated also), but then a God/Demon King/"that really OP guy"/etc
crosses (physically) the entirety of 2-A multiverse (let's go with that), but it's also stated that "only he could pull off such a feat" would it change anything?
By our standards it would either be an anti-feat to the separate universes as it's physically impossible for the character to do it, or it could be his speed is simply breaking The laws of the universe but at that point it would be an ability from the given speed which depends on the verse. When I comes to stuff like this context is key and we might chose to go with one statement/feat over another. Like if the characters making the statment are actually knowledgeable or if the person performing the feat has something to back it up.

The verse W.I.T.C.H. for example had feats of them crossing universes that are stated to be separate space-time and infinite in size, and thus travel is impossible but the characters are still capable of physically flying through the universe. I rated them as infinite speed since regardless they need infinite speed to cross an infinite distance in a set amount of time. However, there are later shown to have feats of them traveling through timelines through sheer movement and scaling to other characters who time travel with sheer speed which backs up them having Immesurable speed.

So my stance is that its a case by case basis.

The verse W.I.T.C.H. for example had feats of them crossing universes that are stated to be separate space-time and infinite in size, and thus travel is impossible but the characters are still capable of physically flying through the universe. I rated them as infinite speed since regardless they need infinite speed to cross an infinite distance in a set amount of time. However, there are later shown to have feats of them traveling through timelines through sheer movement and scaling to other characters who time travel with sheer speed which backs up them having Immesurable speed.
Curious about that verse, on the hypothetical scenario that they didn't show any feats of time travel through speed, what would you have done? Do they have some other explanation, (Don't know the verse) that you would've use?

Curious about that verse, on the hypothetical scenario that they didn't show any feats of time travel through speed, what would you have done? Do they have some other explanation, (Don't know the verse) that you would've use?
I would have kept them at infinite given the universes still have statements of being infinite, and given they still are consistently stated to be separate I wouldn't call it an anti-feat to the cosmology but most likely I would have made a thread to clear it up and it would have been up to the majority of others and staff to decide.

Well... It depends a little bit on the verse, depending on the context, it could be considered an anti-feat and the cosmology could be downgraded, it could also be hax, it could also be immeasurable speed as it physically moves and transitions between space-time continuums.

It is one of these 3 possibilities, depends on the other contexts, statements and feats in the verse. Otherwise, it is difficult to say anything for sure.

Back