• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What does it mean to be "above baseline" for Tier 2?

Character A is baseline 2-A, Character B utterly dominates them in a fight.
2-A = A < B, therefore B is above baseline 2-A.

In that same token, if B gets oneshot by C and can't get back up then C is far above baseline 2-A. The rule of thumb is when we get to infinite values for AP (High 3-A and above), scaling chains are more important than numerical values since APs at that point can't really be measured.

Character A is baseline 2-A, Character B utterly dominates them in a fight.
2-A = A < B, therefore B is above baseline 2-A.

In that same token, if B gets oneshot by C and can't get back up then C is far above baseline 2-A. The rule of thumb is when we get to infinite values for AP (High 3-A and above), scaling chains are more important than numerical values since APs at that point can't really be measured.
So, lets say Character A one shots Character B, who destroyed 10 universes (2-C). Character C destroys 15 universes (Also 2-C). How would the battle between Character A and Character C be measured?

Above baseline Low 2-C is for example being 10 times someone who destroyed a timeline
Above Baseline 2-C is scaling to 3 or more universes or upscaling from someone who is baseline
Above baseline 2-B is the same as 2-C but with 1001 universes instead
Above baseline 2-A is weird but its still being above someone who is baseline 2-A

So, lets say Character A one shots Character B, who destroyed 10 universes (2-C). Character C destroys 15 universes (Also 2-C). How would the battle between Character A and Character C be measured?
On the site, C would be considered stronger then B I believe.

one question i'd like to ask actually, is it possible for a character to be infinitely above baseline Low 2-C, 2-C, 2-B and 2-A while still remaining within that tier. i remember years ago all the way back in 2016 people believed that to be the case with asriel dreemurr and smt characters when they peaked at 2-A, but i don't know whether the rules on that have changed or not.

like let's say a character is infinitely above baseline Low 2-C, are they still Low 2-C or does that literally take them to 2-C?

Character C would have the absolute advantage in AP, in a way that's (I'm pretty sure is) inaccessible to Character A. C could sneeze a bit too hard and A would keel over and die.

like let's say a character is infinitely above baseline Low 2-C, are they still Low 2-C or does that literally take them to 2-C?
Yes they are still Low 2-C, to break the 2-C barrier you'd need showings of destroying multiple Low 2-C structures at once.

Character C would have the absolute advantage in AP, in a way that's (I'm pretty sure is) inaccessible to Character A. C could sneeze a bit too hard and A would keel over and die.
While it is true that characters who scale to more spacetime continuums are taken to be a lot stronger by default, this is due to the gap being unknowable rather than some concrete massive difference. Felt like I should specify this since a lot of times this has been misconstrued as a beyond infinite gap existing between Low 2-C and 2-C, 2 universes and 3 universes etc.

Back