• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What are the rules about Spongebob Squarepants matches?

Bobsican said:
Why? Because that´s an indexing part of the profile, this is an indexing site, after all.
And what makes hi different? That he can change his own size, but whether it´s applicable to the degree of turning into a meter of size r not is up to discussion.
If he hasn´t shown it or alluded to it, then he can´t.

Also speaking of indexing, it should at least be canon/plausable to the character. Again, sizing up characters to unreasonable heights isn´t doing the character justice.

If one character has an advantage that another character can't overcome, then thats their problem. Are we suddenly going to start equalizing size for superhumans vs Kaiju sized monsters?

"Would you rather have Spongebob get literally stomped?" Too bad for Spongebob then. You don't go around giving size boosts and powers he doesn't have to make a fight "fair".

If you feel the need to restrict a power or hand the other guy one so he has a chance at winning, then you have no buisness pitting the characters against each other.

I generally agree with Light. Speed equalization is one thing, size on the other hand...

Plus, different sized opponents can make battles more creative. I feel like we sometimes oversimplify battles to CQC and power-spam, and rarely factor in tactics, mindset and body types/sizes.

plus, small characters fighting normal characters or superhumans fighting kaijus has always been my favorite kind of fights

I remember one episode where Squidward was the size of a human, but for the life of me I cant remember the title at the tip of my tongue...

(It wasnt the episode Giant Squidward btw)

I am inclined to agree with Darkanine and Lightbuster30 in this case.

I think that we already reached a conclusion here that size equalisation is likely not a good idea.

But it has already been used and someone will have to have to add this rule to the verse as well as go through all the Sponge Bob matches to see which ones need to be removed and the like.

Technically speaking small size is an advantage since the reduced surface area allow for higher concentration of power behind attacks, in the case of spongebob he could literally put holes against foes on his tier about as easy as bullets can to a normal person.

Well, I am too overworked to do so. Is somebody experienced willing to help out with this?

Maybe just a note can be added to the Spongebob page saying that his size manipulation doesn´t go beyond about half a meter in the main canon or something like that?

Does Spongebob have size manipulation?

Is he canonically able to change his size, or is it just about inconsistent animation?

Both really, sometimes he´s naturally portrayed as being of the size of about an adult human eye, and in others as big as 10 centimeters.

He has also portrayed to change his own size, but the limit is the one shown in the Nicktoon crossovers (a meter or so), which aren´t taken as canon, leaving the high-end of his potential size via sizeshifting to about an amount that hasn´t been discussed yet in a proper way now that I think about it...

It seems best to simply not allow any size equalisation then.

I agree with not allowing size equalisation. Plus if you're using his 9-B key he would be able to harm normal sized opponents regardless of their size advantage.

Back