• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What are the rules about Spongebob Squarepants matches?

So I have seen many matches uncluding the series and thier characters were the said characters are sized up and can breath on land. Except the second key isn't what they are using right? But the original keys say nothing about growing to human size or size shifting to my knowledge. Do note I don't know alot about the verse, but it seems rather odd to me. Is this allowed in other verses? Is it a power? If so it should be added to profiles.

It's just so the fights themselves are fair. Otherwise the other opponent would literally stomp. Not to make any comparisons here, but this sorta thing is done all the time in the Fantasy Matches over on Toho Kingdom to avoid size stomps. Same kinda logic applies to Spongebob matches here.

By that logic, speed equalization is also untrue to the characters. They're weaker compared to their opponent by virtue of size.

But other verses never use that. And that is giving the Spongebob characters an advantage they wouldn't normally have. Speed = is a special case due to it having a rule and is accepted on this site. There are no rules for SS's characters getting abilities or sizes they don't have canonicly.

Spongebob is the only case where such thing is allowed as he can change his own size.

The rest do not and likely got carried around by the users as Spongebob got the pass.

Maye it should be written in some part of the verse page to avoid further confusion?

It isn´t even an actual rule, in fact, it should be revised as this has happened far more than what it should.

I've also often wondered this when people have Spongebob vs X characters fights. I dunno if I'm comfortable with "size equalization" since size can often times define a characters physiology, physique, style and other aspects of their character, so I dunno.

I have just been confuse with how all characters from the series seem to always be sized up for fights. Also giving them the ability to breath on land. Isn't that like allowing sharks to breath on land?

Breathing on land is something more reasonable as they have feats of being able to do so sometimes, but it´s so inconsistent it´s kept for the characters when at peak, which means that by SBA they should be able already, so no need to specify.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
I have just been confuse with how all characters from the series seem to always be sized up for fights. Also giving them the ability to breath on land. Isn't that like allowing sharks to breath on land?
They've breathed on land in several episodes, such as Pressure and Rodeo Daze

Hell, Mr. Krabs doesn't even need water to survive, as shown in The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom

Then why is it specified in OPs? Anyway the main thing I am concerned with is sizing up a character.
Because common sence would point into that with no statement directly in the OP Spongebob can only breath in the sea. It´s more like a subjetive safety measure to avoid wasting posts on such thing.

Then why is it specified in OPs?
I dunno, I guess I do it out of habit in case someone says "SpongeBob loses because he cant breathe air" even though he's demonstrated that ability a lot

But why? It is quite inconcistant with all other characters on this wiki. We don scale up, say Spider-Man or Superman if they were to fight Godzilla. It is giving hi an unreasonable unfair advantage he doesn canonicly have.

SpongeBob is 4 inches tall. I don't think making him human sized for some matches to make them more fair is all that bad. And it's definitely not the same thing as making dudes like Spider-Man or Superman kaiju sized.

Would you rather he get literally stomped? It doesn't matter if it doesn't happen in canon; it's to avoid literal stomps.

Tier is independent of stomps. You could be small as an ant, but if you have a high tier you can defeat/battle/hold your own of those in the same tier. See fights like Superman vs Godzilla and similar size differences in fights. It is a weakness but we aren doing that for other fights. We don´t scale up other small size characters. Why should Spongebob be different? That makes literally no sense. I am not going to scale up The Old Fox if it were to fight Godzilla or a Kaiju. Why make an exception? If you scale him up, why does he even get small size on his profile?

Why? Because that´s an indexing part of the profile, this is an indexing site, after all.

And what makes hi different? That he can change his own size, but whether it´s applicable to the degree of turning into a meter of size r not is up to discussion.

Back