• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What are the best weapons for Master Chief?

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Now I understand many of this can depend on your opponent, so multiple answers are nice.

With standard equipment revisions it's now a requirement to state what weapons the characters have.

So depending on whether it's a random opponent or a special case. What do you think is the best/strongest set of weaponry you can give Master Chief in a match

That depends on the scenario. The Incineration Cannon is by far his strongest as it's his only 8-A weapon, and has a pretty good AoE, but suffers from low accuracy, ammunition, and slow charging time. And w/o speed equalization, the cannon is quite slow.

Spartan Laser has two keys; original trilogy version and reclaimer version. Latter is the 2nd strongest weapon. It has much better accuracy and range than the Incineration Cannon, as well as a 2 meter blast radius. And the muzzle velocity is lightspeed. But it still requires a few seconds to charge and only a few shots.

I think the best equipment overall would be Binary Rifle and Scattershot. Plus some back up plasma grenades. Though again, the tier of his opponent would also be a factor.

In terms of standard equipment Master Chief almost always goes Assault rifle and Magnum pistol, but his most powerful UNSC weapons would probably be the sniper rifle and rocket launcher, which can both kill nearly any opponent in the game in one clean shot.

Wanna put a word in for the bubble shield, as it can suck up alot of damage and can heal the user while inside. In Reach however, armour lock make them entirely invincible while imobilising the user and causing an emp burst which can disable vehicles.

Alot of it is of course personal preference and situational need as all his weapons are designed to be balanced around those two concepts in the games.

When it comes to AP the Incineration Canon no doubt, but the best when It comes to hax is the Halo 2 Beam Rifle Alpha wich creates a Anti-Gravimetical Vortex which also creates a EMP effect, the Target Marker is around 7-B but only Six has acces to it.

I dont know the magnitude of the Vortex but It similar in use to the Warden's but It doesnt track enemies and Dimensional BFRs, sadly.

In terms of equipment I would say the Teletransportation from Spartan Strike but since that only applies for Spartan IVs in service of the UNSC during Halo 5 (meaning that Chief wouldnt have it) I would say Invinsibility since it boosts his AP to 8-A, which could become 7-C if we get some Scarab calcs.

Well if I had the choice to roll with whatever weapon I wanted in Halo 5 Warzone for instance, I'd pick the Binary Rifle and Scattershot. One is really great for longer range, the other for close quarters. Arguably more effective than an energy sword if Chief's enemy doesn't use a melee weapon capable of one-shotting him.

Yeah, Binary Rifle and Scattershot make a good balance. Also a side note: Scarab's three calcs are two 8-B and one 8-A, which is what Invincibility's durability is rated.

Most of Halo's Plasma Weapons are pretty deadly just through sheer heat, you can completely miss your opponent and still kill them through the heat of the shots youre taking at them

The Halo 2 beam rifle Delta. Endgame has SOL attack speed, being a Spartan laser variant, and doesn't take ages to charge while still one shotting comparable opponents.

The Prophet's Bane thing sounds like game mechanics and NLF. Plus it's the Arbiter's weapons, not John. And yeah, I mentioned Spartan Laser above.

I don't see how the sword making you invisible is nlf or game mechanics, considering the Sim is supposed to accurately represent the weapons.

Oh, he said invisibility, I thought he said invincibility; there was no "n". Would be definition of NLF if the latter was true though.

Sidearm: Plasma Pistol, specifically Void's Tear. While not as strong as a charged Boltshot, the utility of the EMP and Grav Vortex on top of all the stuff Plasma can do makes it much more versatile an deadly.

Main Weapon: Battle Rifle, the BR85N to be exact. Being a select fire rifle, this gun combines the long range semi-auto of the DMR and the close range full auto of the MA5 Assault Rifle with a mid-range three shot burst, all while having the same attachments that can be changed to fit the opponent he is facing.

Long Range Weapon: Particle Beam Rifle, specifically the Type-50╬┤ variant. While weaker than the Binary Rifle, it makes up for it with its heat hax, the ability to create Grav Vortexes wherever it hits, and the fact that the Binary Rifle immediately gives away the position of the wielder when scoped.

Heavy Weapon: Either

• Incineration Canno, specifically Heartseeker. By far the strongest normal weapon available to Chief. Homing munitions and massive AoE, though it suffers from low ammo capacity and long recharge time.
  • Spartan Laser, specifically Endgame. Weaker than the Incineration Cannon by a longshot, has a slight charge time but its got massive range and lightspeed attack speed.
Grenade: Splinter Grenade. Though they lack the heat abilities and adhesivity of a Plasma Grenade, Splinter Grenades are much more versatile due to their energy draining, EMP properties, and ability to be used to set nearly invisible traps.

Melee Weapon: Gravity Hammer, specifically Tartarus' Gavel. Gravity hax on top of gravity hax. Gravity Hammers can displace gravity in targeted locations and manipulate localized energy fields which allow the ability to pull a target towards the wielder or push it away, as well as create a vortex which pulls things in and then detonate the vortex to push things out. the Gavel also creates EMPs with every hit, increases shield strength, and increases movement speed.

So I just checked the Spartan Lazer and shouldn't ionizing a Spartan be High 8C+?

That's Wardens justification

That's reserved for the Halo 4 and beyond variants; not the original trilogy. Original Trilogy's version would just be 8-C

I'm referring to Selena's Lance, it's justification is ionizing a spartan which was calced at High 8C+

Not High 8-C, only Building level+. It's 5 Gigajoules. Warden Eternal's attack comes from harming other Warden Eternals who's durability comes from tanking Wraith Mortars.

Arclight and Whiplash are also good. You can miss targets by a mile and still have Whiplash shots proximity detonate on them, and Arclight does more damage than one of the SPLaser variants to vehicles, iirc.

Back