• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What appears to be massive Borderlands buffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to have to be on hold for the moment, Perpetual. Kav said that along with the general and versus boards save possibly the fun and games one, those are going to have to be, again, on hold til all the revisions are done.

Just saying.

Just putting it up so that I don't forget, then, I suppose. Must've missed that part.

ThePerpetual said:
Just putting it up so that I don't forget, then, I suppose. Must've missed that part.
Well alright. Yeah still, we're pretty much still in the middle of revising. I guess once every one's done, the boards will be open again.

As usual, you will have to check with the calculation group first.

If we did this, it'd be nice since I'm a borderlands expert and love the games, including Claptrap, thinking about the buff...Claptrap is a solar system destroyer....Oh god

Well, considering before fighting Handsome Jack in Borderlands 2, we hear him say "This is where it all ends. Once Lilith here charges they key, I'll control the warrior and wipe you bandits off my planet" and this sounds less like a Hyperbole considering that The destroyer created a singulaity and The Sentinel "death item" provided Jack of the future, nearly 6 years before it happened. Then with the raid bosses, Tannis said this about Terramorphus the Invincible, "With the Warrior defeated and Jack lying in a pool of his own blood and fecal matter, you might think Pandora is safe. You are wrong. I've built a seismograph out of rusty metal and mucus, and it tells me a creature of considerable power has awakened on Pandora"

I didn't play the third game, explain how they destroyed the black hole.

As for the moon drop thing, yea, that's pretty much legit. But I don't know where "2.51m" is coming from.

So for right now, I'm iffy on both.

The black hole if I'm not mistaken eventually closed itself in, or it was sealed using some godly type of technology retrieved from the H source from the "Claptastic Voyage"

I haven't played the series, so I wasn't wouldn't know it was an outlier. I just said the calc itself was accurate ovo.

Alakabamm said:
Yeah, black hole thing is an outlier at best and doesn't sync up with the story. Speed calc is fine though
How is it an outlier when the BNK3R was stated as "having enough firepower to level a continent" and the Warrior was stated by Jack to be able to "Scorch the planet in friggin fire" at the end of TPS?

Because neither ever show anything like that?

And something in the Foes is far beyond continent level to a ridiculous extent?

I'd argue further but unfortunately, if I did so, I'd be invoking BoP Fallacy, I have no evidence, I only have statements made in game made by the main characters regarding power.

And there are other feats of singularities being used in the game, we have the threshers who can turn themselves into blackholes, we have the singularity archtype which creates a literal singularity which actively pulls enemies towards it and kills them when they get to close to it.

Listen, as an ability, this makes sense and is in line with the series. Listing a bunch of singularity-based weapons isn't doing anything, because none of those weapons are going to be Solar System level through singularities alone.

It's being considered an outlier because regular showings have nowhere near this much power.

If the black holes in Borderlands are legit then the singularity grenades should be legit to, which would make the grenades Large Star level.

If the grenades are Large Star Level, I don't see how Solar System level vault hunters would be an outlier.

I listed the singularity based weapon to prove that the black hole doesn't fit in line with the series and Prom, hard to show that kind of power because in BL:TPS, they need oxygen to breath, so if they showed that level of power, they'd have to destroy the planet their on and that'd destroy the atmosphere killing them, except CL4P TP because he's a robot,

Alakabamm said:
They aren't legit black holes.
I'm going to disprove this by backing what I said earlier, the singularities created by the grenade modification are legit singularities. They are manufactured by the Hyperion corporation, and in the game Borderlands the pre sequel, the game Alakabamm didn't play, but I did. The Hyperion corporation created the Eye of Helios, the massive laser the calc is based on, it is capable of creating a singularity which placed it at a Tier 4-B calc, and if they created the Eye of helios, would it be crazy to say that the singularity grenades were created using the same technology that created the Eye of Helios which would allow them to create singularities.

They are not, they do not act as singularities in game, it is inconsequential whether Hyperion had an actual black hole generator or not.

So, should we close this thread? Or is there some other remaining issue, apart from the "black hole" generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back