• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Welp... this was eventual

@DMUA I'll try to check the Ice Spells in the series and some of these Major Villains in the Underworld/Organization/Ice Titan to see their Ice feats so I can answer how good or moot his ice resist should be.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Power null, or he power mimics kirito's physiology.
Good to know he can get frozen as he tries to lift his keyblade up and say the incantation while Kirito just says it

I already pointed how how raising an item can be faster then speaking, especially since sora speaks and raises it at the same time.

Also the incantation is literally raising his keyblade above his head and saying one word, I have no idea how that is even remotely slower then kirito speaking. Also the power mimicry is not via him speaking, it's via a card.

Good to know he can get frozen as he tries to lift his keyblade up and say the incantation while Kirito just says it

Pretty sure Sora's power null isn't done by lifting keyblade, he just kinda of goes "no u"

because Kirito's just saying "freeze" and everything around him starts getting wrapped in ice.

Sora needs to say the word then lift the thing

If everything around him starts to get wrapped in ice then the ice itself isn't instant.

Sora can literally just escape it if that's the case via gliding over the area until the attack is done(he can do this with several AoE attacks). He says the word and lift the thing at.the.same.time.

HyperNepsy said:
Okay but what if kirito uses smokescreen before the match even starts then uses freeze gg no re
Then Sora gets off the power null/EE/Time stop since he did the smokescreen first.

Ok, my finds so far:

Vexen's shield description says:

"The ultimate Absolute Zero.
Enables your attacks to reach a wide area and deal immense damage."

Vexen is the Organization XIII member who uses Ice.

Other than this, in Birth by Sleep there is a Shotlock which references Absolute Zero as well but I can't find the description for the love of my life so it may or may not be just be a cute name.

Ice Titan, didn't find anything on that one other than "seemingly made of impregnable ice" which really doesn't count for anything.

I'm not sure how good or bad this makes Sora's resistances, but he should scale to this stuff.

VexenMaybeAZ

HyperNepsy said:
How is it not a stomp when everything kirito does apparently gets nulled ƒñö
Because Kirito's has counters himself that you guys noted? The null needs to get off while he's speaking from what's mentioned and in my argument I'm saying they both get hit at the same time.

If that's actually absolute Zero I can't exactly think of anything else Kirito can really pull to win

If it isn't then we're probably on Kirito winning or...

nah, the discrepancy between the two actions is too small to warrant anything but incon

If Vexen is capable of creating a shield that's "absolute zero", wouldn't that scale to his ice attacks which don't affect Sora in Chain of Memories?

I mean.

Vexen is a ice user. He makes a shield called absolute zero. And the description says "The ultimate absolute zero".

Seems like AZ to me, but idk.

Then

oh boy another Kirito thread where his one good tool (Or in this case, two) gets slapped away casually

Okay i got one more excuse up my sleeve. What if as soon as the match starts kirito uses mind manip by touching him. If not then i vote incon

HyperNepsy said:
Okay i got one more excuse up my sleeve. What if as soon as the match starts kirito uses mind manip by touching him. If not then i vote incon
>Touching

>Meanwhile his opponent has like over dozens of ways to end the fight instantly and he's angry as fork enough to use them

@Hyper Sora resists Mind Manipulation, it says it on his page. Regardless, Sora already has more ways to end the fight then Kirito.

Oh, well smh.

Time to make a new meme for when freeze fails and Incon happens.

"Freeze fail, we'll get em next time"

Since both are bloodlusted and Sora nopes Kirito's go-to first move, Sora opens with Existence Erasure via Warp which does not travel and just EEs every intended target at the start of the match. Thus, I vote Sora.

I mean Sora kinda nopes Kirito's

every move, actually

Seriously, I'm actually inclined to say Sora stomps then since again, Warp does not need to aim.

It's just "Raise keyblade, EE everything, done." The spell just pops everyone out of existence. It doesn't throw anything that can be seen making a trajectory.
Warp KHRECOM

I still feel sort of iffy about it, but if the match is accepted as legitimate, count me for Sora then, reasons already explained.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Incantation is a possible way of Kirito winning so I wouldn't outright call it a stomp.
Wacking him gets far outclassed via waving his keyblade, and every ranged option kinda gets yeeted by Sora's many ways to no u

Updating you all on this but AZ got disregarded as being "just the name of the weapon", so that leaves Sora with only basic-flash-freeze resistances. Disregard AZ resistance - so Kirito can freeze, yes.

Since both are bloodlusted, this is now likely a matter of who oneshots first.

I'm actually leaning more on Sora still since both are bloodlusted and Warp makes no trajectory so Kirito would get hit first (as far as I understand, unless I'm confusing his method).

Back