• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think Weiss, albeit slightly

Her sheer versatility with Dust, her speed amp with her glyphs, and her ranged attacks and glyph barriers give her an ever so slight win against Yumi, who's biggest advantage is frantic mode which lowers dura and gets her caught by Weiss's Ice trap/

The difference between weiss' and yumi's is only 2x, and weiss has dust to close that gap and likely surpass it

Arrogant Schmuck said:
None of them really use Frantic Mode unless they're desperate
I keep seeing these threads all about Frantic Mode is so good and all but man since her durability decreases can't she just get taken pretty easily too? Any well placed blast pretty much takes her out or am I wrong?

I keep seeing these threads all about Frantic Mode is so good and all but man since her durability decreases can't she just get taken pretty easily too? Any well placed blast pretty much takes her out or am I wrong?

Just because it lowers your Durability doesn't make you weak

In this case, Yomi is 4 tons, Weiss is 2 tons, with frantic mode she's 2 Tons in Durability, same as Weiss, but 8 Tons in strength

So no, she can't take her down easily, she can do more damage to Yumi but she can still survive and hit back harder

Weiss' Dust is a good bit above 2 tons

Weiss also has a lot more mobility and multiple ways to restrain Yumi

Gargoyle One said:
In this case, Yomi is 4 tons, Weiss is 2 tons, with frantic mode she's 2 Tons in Durability, same as Weiss, but 8 Tons in strength
It's not a 2x boost. There's no definitive number, all that's known is "they get stronger but less durable"

I don't think people take into consideration much in these matches where really all that's needed is to stab someone once usually.....I mean Weiss cuts/stabs and that's pretty much a one shot but of course the same can be said for Yumi (once Weiss' aura is broken)

It doesn't I'm aware but that doesn't stop someone from not being able to just cut your head off which would be a one shot.

Unless the durability is high enough to where the cut won't actually "cut"

Nico-v11 said:
It doesn't I'm aware but that doesn't stop someone from not being able to just cut your head off which would be a one shot.

Unless the durability is high enough to where the cut won't actually "cut"
Considering Yumi is twice as durable as her swordstrikes that's going to be very difficult

Not really, she'd have to be several times more durable for Weiss to be unable to cut her due to how cutting works

How does cutting work then? It sure as hell doesn't ignore Dura.

And if Weiss tries to cut she gets sent flying by a wind wave

This was already argued and agreed on...

We don't treat cutting like that. With exeptionslitiraly needing to say that on their profile.

Plus, cutting weapons are a norm in senran kagura and people aren't getting decapitated left and right

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Plus, cutting weapons are a norm in senran kagura and people aren't getting decapitated left and right
Pretty sure this is because the clothing in SK works similarly to Aura in RWBY, but that might just be headcanon

Gargoyle One said:
How does cutting work then? It sure as hell doesn't ignore Dura.

And if Weiss tries to cut she gets sent flying by a wind wave
It concentrates the energy of an attack into a fine point, its the same reason why you can tank bullets at 9-B but you need to be 8-B to be completely bulletproof

Shes not being sent flying if Yumi is restrained or if shes using time dilation or gravity glyphs to keep herself on the ground like she used tto counter Flynt's wind blast

Are we just assuming that all sword strikes will be treated as blunt attacks? That makes no sense. Two real human being at 10-B, one has a sword, the human with the sword can clearly just stab the other through inflicting death.

How does this concept change?

Nico-v11 said:
Are we just assuming that all sword strikes will be treated as blunt attacks? That makes no sense. Two real human being at 10-B, one has a sword, the human with the sword can clearly just stab the other through inflicting death.
How does this concept change?
The same way as the verse changes it.

in senran kagura they tank cutting weapons the same way a blunt attacks

Can you show me an example? Because that sounds pretty dumb. Not gameplay since that's just game mechanics

Litiral characters using bladed weapons.

Like, I'm oretty sure at least half of them does.

and again, was discussed and rejected. We don't treat blades like that

You're suggesting that a sword will act like a bat? So what about the millions of times characters in verse kill another character of the same exact tier by stabbing and cutting?

That makes absolutely no sense

EVEN MORE TO THE POINT. All Akame matches must be retconned since same AP = no cutting apparently.

Her sword (by what you are suggesting) cannot cut the opponent and therefore the poison cannot get to the other character.

No really that's very dumb

I don't think you get the point.

it can give cuts, but you aren't cutting right through someone, especialy their bones.

Cutting someone's head of without any resistence is already high end 9-C after all.

And stabbing? That doesn't take anywhere near as much force. Even so you don't have to cut the whole head off to kill someone.

Back