• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weiss Schnee vs Rinslet Laurefrost

Rinslet still doesn't one-shot Weiss, she'd have to choose specifically the never-melting ice bonus effects of her arrow, and Weiss also has ranged attacks.

Sorry, but it's not a stomp. Weiss has options and chances.

Nothing at all points to me that she starts with it off, or that she would, so I don't think so. You still haven't convinced me.

You are very confused, Golden. A stomp is just not the opposition not winning even if they tried. If Weiss has a practically astronomical chance to win to technically not make it a stomp, that doesn't work. Even without nevermelting ice not being turned on, most of those options still freeze the target - which, again, she indeed doesn't resist.

A Stomp thread is when one character is immediately able to win against another, whether it is via battlefield removal, incapacitation or killing, with the opponent having no chance to retort with their own abilities or statistics

Weiss has chances to retort, whether by using ranged attacks, summoning, dodging, forcefield herself up, etc. She's also physically able to fire move/attack first, even moreso since moving first is OOC for Rinslet.

At worst, this is a decisive win for Rinslet. But both have chances. It's not like Rinslet can mind blast Weiss with a thought. If Weiss gets frozen after getting hit by an arrow, then I guess too bad, she didn't protect herself/dodge well enough to avoid the attack.

Oh well, up to you. I just don't want to deal with anyone later, because these kind of matches tend to be thrown into the stomp side of things. My vote remains on Rinslet if this goes through.

It's not a stomp. Weiss can both react and act against Rinslet's actions, and has enough opportunities to attack, dodge, block, etc.

Except she cant as she has to remain stationary for all of the moves that can actually do anything meaningful to Rinslet

@Schee They both have a range of "Hundreds of meters"

@Weekly Seriously? You're telling me Weiss has to remain stationery when this exists? Most of her magic circles take less than half a second to conjure (same for the spells at 1:02 and 1:19), and her spell at 1:22 just needs a swing of her sword

Considering they're both the same tier, with only a slight x1.56 AP advantage in Rinslet's favour, that hardly constitutes "nothing meaningful". Rinslet resists ice, sure. But her fire resistance isn't passive (she needs to cast a spell for that), and she doesn't resist Weiss' other elements. Weiss can close the gap with Stat Amp, has advantage of numbers with her summons, has a better forcefield than Rinslet, and also has homing attacks. And like said earlier, Rinslet rarely moves first. I even showed you 2 videos where Weiss casts spells either while moving or with a less-than-half-a-second stop.

At this point, you're just stubbornly trying to make this match a stomp just bc you don't want Weiss to lose; you're infamous for that. You haven't made any arguments either. Simply saying "it's a stomp" doesn't make you convincing in the slightest. You got to argue in an argument.

Besides, you responded to my 2nd video link less than half a minute later, mentioning "neither". The 2nd linked video is 4 minutes long. There's no way you could have watched that video before responding. You basically don't even care what's going on here as long as Weiss doesn't lose.

I agree with Lancelot, this look like a stomp to me if what he says here is true.

Weiss has literally no reason to amp her speed at the start of the match and also no reason to use summons right off the bat.

Rinslet has a good heck ton of AoE attacks, range advantage, can make all of her attacks freeze on touch with everlasting ice, and a familiar that will eat all of her attacks from Weiss preferred element to grow stronger, even more projectiles from him and he can also freeze.

Even if this isn't somehow a stomp, I can't vote on a thread that's this one sided.

Decisive matches do exist, and there's nothing wrong voting on them.

I am just rather unsure still. I cast a vote so that anybody else decides for themselves.

Also, about the bit how you can't invoke a spirit if it's in Waffle (weapon) form, then I just end up confused with the times we see the characters invoking their weapon but they can ALSO call out their spirit.

Elementalists can switch back and forth between Weapon form and Spirit form of their spirits pretty much on the spot, but they can't have both at the same time. When the spirit is in its Spirit form, the elementalist uses her own magic, independantly of the spirit's magic.

I mentioned above how this is a decisive match at worst, in Rinslet's favor. It would be a stomp if Weiss was completely helpless, which isn't the case, as I mentioned above + the video links I provided. Weiss will move first, due to Rinslet's fighting style/personality. Beyond that, Rinslet does have the advantage as long as it's a ranged battle, but it in no way makes it a stomp.

If Fenrir is in Spirit form, Rinslet's doesn't have her bow, which slightly reduces her range and devoids her of her signature technique, Freezing Arrow. If Fenrir is in Bow form, it can't stat amp itself from Weiss' attacks. And did you see the videos I linked? Weiss is extremely agile, far more than Rinslet ever demonstrated, or even could. It's not an exaggeration that Weiss could dodge Rinslet's attacks.

If I may vote, I would choose Rinslet then, mostly to having a greater manipulation of Ice that could alter the environment to her advantage along with attacks that posses a high wide area of attack along with unpredictability with how much affects she could add with her arrows.

Though Weiss could try to summon which would even the odds in AP, which I assume Rinslet might allow it due to her honor. Though in a summon battle I would say Rinslet have the advantage since, despite the AP now in Weiss favor, Weiss has to control her summon manually for the more advanced movement while Rinslet Fafnir is far more independent.

So I would vote Rinslet for better environmental control, greater Ice manipulation and her arrows having unique variety along with having an independent summon.

The girl in white panty hoses beat the girl with bare feet FRA (?) if I have not voted already

Back