• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer 40K Discussion

The End and The Death stated the Emperor was Alysaundr, or Sikander III ho Makedôn, should that be added to names?

Y'know with all the different chapters of space marines around and all their differences, can you theoretically specify which chapter you're using when making a match with one of them? Since it would effect their abilities, tactics, and weaknesses

Y'know with all the different chapters of space marines around and all their differences, can you theoretically specify which chapter you're using when making a match with one of them? Since it would effect their abilities, tactics, and weaknesses
Yes, honestly a UltraMarine is not the same as, for example, a Raven guard.

Wish this was more active so some profiles/revisions could be discussed :(
Honestly I got most, if not all, of the major heresy-related profiles reworked on various sandboxes. Most of them are done stat/ability-wise with only a few things that prob need to be tweaked. The only thing I’ve been waiting on is literally just the Siege series to end. Then they can be finalized and put on a CRT.

As for other profiles, Tyranids are pretty much good except for genestealers but iirc someone else wanted to try that out. Necrons I have about half done still gotta do stormlord. Orks are good I updated their two previous profiles (Tuska and Gork/Mork) and two more were made since then. Eldar/Dark Eldar I’ve been planning on reworking some of their profiles and the Gods have mostly finished rework pages. Some of the weapon/ship/knight/titan pages various people are reworking iirc. Lastly, no one cares about the Tau and I don’t think anyone has bothered trying to rework their profiles except me one time before I got bored and said “I don’t care enough to finish this”.

So yeah most of the non-Imperium pages are actually good and decently ready and most reworks are done. It’s just the Imperium pages require the Siege to finish to fix most of their pages and other pages that directly scale to said pages.

Honestly I got most, if not all, of the major heresy-related profiles reworked on various sandboxes. Most of them are done stat/ability-wise with only a few things that prob need to be tweaked. The only thing I’ve been waiting on is literally just the Siege series to end. Then they can be finalized and put on a CRT.

As for other profiles, Tyranids are pretty much good except for genestealers but iirc someone else wanted to try that out. Necrons I have about half done still gotta do stormlord. Orks are good I updated their two previous profiles (Tuska and Gork/Mork) and two more were made since then. Eldar/Dark Eldar I’ve been planning on reworking some of their profiles and the Gods have mostly finished rework pages. Some of the weapon/ship/knight/titan pages various people are reworking iirc. Lastly, no one cares about the Tau and I don’t think anyone has bothered trying to rework their profiles except me one time before I got bored and said “I don’t care enough to finish this”.

So yeah most of the non-Imperium pages are actually good and decently ready and most reworks are done. It’s just the Imperium pages require the Siege to finish to fix most of their pages and other pages that directly scale to said pages.
That is great to hear! Feel kinda bad that you're having to carry all the workload lol but the fact you got it done is already good enough. Hoping to participate in some CRTs after Siege ends :)

Is a civilization profile for the Imperium planned?

Is a civilization profile for the Imperium planned?
I’ve been thinking of making an Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard page for a while but the main problem with making an Imperium page as a whole is unlike the other factions there’s so many more sub factions that it’d be easier in my opinion to just make the other sub factions pages first then just mash them all together with whatever extra stuff like the imperial navy and maybe world specific stuff to make a full imperium page.

In all honesty though it’d be an entirely bloated mess with barely any cohesion because of how many things are in it. Just like the Imperium

I’ve been thinking of making an Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard page for a while but the main problem with making an Imperium page as a whole is unlike the other factions there’s so many more sub factions that it’d be easier in my opinion to just make the other sub factions pages first then just mash them all together with whatever extra stuff like the imperial navy and maybe world specific stuff to make a full imperium page.

In all honesty though it’d be an entirely bloated mess with barely any cohesion because of how many things are in it. Just like the Imperium
Canonically accurate truly

Just for clarification, Warhammer is 5 layers into 1-A right?

The warp has 3 layers and the base layer is Low 1-A and the next 1-A and the one after 1 layer above baseline.

Then outside of the Warp is the Aethyric Void where the abstract state of Gods exist making a 3rd layer of 1-A.

You could argue the Skein fits in here somewhere making another layer of 1-A but I dont think so.

The warp has 3 layers and the base layer is Low 1-A and the next 1-A and the one after 1 layer above baseline.

Then outside of the Warp is the Aethyric Void where the abstract state of Gods exist making a 3rd layer of 1-A.

You could argue the Skein fits in here somewhere making another layer of 1-A but I dont think so.
Thank you!

However I recall this thread where 1-A Skein was accepted, making 4 layers in total then.

There was a demon of tzeentch that wasn't in the warp that completely decimated something similar to a cruiser in The Way Out.
Okay so, just gonna put it out there, daemons vary wildly outside of the immaterium. We have feats ranging from 9-B to straight up High 4-C, though that was done via psychic stuff.

How was the ship destroyed anyways? Was it done psychically? Did he just wander in and massacre the crew? How was it done? Furthermore, what kind of Daemon was it? If it was done physically then that’s just a really high end feat for whatever kind of Daemon it was. If it was offscreen did they ever take said Daemon down and with what?

Thank you!

However I recall this thread where 1-A Skein was accepted, making 4 layers in total then.
Yeh I made this thread.

As the Skein was formed by the Abstract form of the Chaos Gods it could be argued this acts as an additional layer as it is separate from but runs through the Matereum and the Warp, the laws of which neither apply too.

For me personally I don't believe it displays dimensional transcendance and is more of a structure that runs through the 3 layers of the Warp+the Higher Dimensional spaces of the Matereum, connecting the two and establishing the rules/laws (and specifically the restrictions the Chaos Gods have to abide by in their Avatars)

The best argument for the Skein being an additional layer of 1-A is that the Avatars of the Chaos Gods cannot destroy it directly however this would be the case regardless as it was formed by their primordial Abstract states which are already above their avatars.

Overall I am unsure.

Okay so, just gonna put it out there, daemons vary wildly outside of the immaterium. We have feats ranging from 9-B to straight up High 4-C, though that was done via psychic stuff.

How was the ship destroyed anyways? Was it done psychically? Did he just wander in and massacre the crew? How was it done? Furthermore, what kind of Daemon was it? If it was done physically then that’s just a really high end feat for whatever kind of Daemon it was. If it was offscreen did they ever take said Daemon down and with what?
It blew it up.

Are all daemon princes 1-A in the warp?
daemons are naturally low 1-a to 1-a given they're inherently made of warp stuff and based on feats from psykers like magnus who could actively manipulate the dimensionality of the warp

Most likely psychic. It was inside the core room of Refuge at the time.
Well then killing daemons wouldn't be a high 6-a feat. Psychic powers are being separated from physical feats once the siege of terra ends and like i said previously daemons vary in terms of power depending on the level of warp energy they can access

daemons are naturally low 1-a to 1-a given they're inherently made of warp stuff and based on feats from psykers like magnus who could actively manipulate the dimensionality of the warp
Then the daemon primarchs would all be 1-A including Kaldor Draigo and Corvus Corax by extension.
Well then killing daemons wouldn't be a high 6-a feat. Psychic powers are being separated from physical feats once the siege of terra ends and like i said previously daemons vary in terms of power depending on the level of warp energy they can access
I see.

Then the daemon primarchs would all be 1-A including Kaldor Draigo and Corvus Corax by extension.

I see.
Kaldor Draigo yeah sure, he did a ton of shit in the Warp which should make him 1-A. Corvus however, no. His feats occurred within the eye of terror, not the warp, where the best feats would be 4-B which is what he scales to

Yeh if an entity can manipulate the substance of or is formed of the substance of the warp then they should be able to ascend or descend the layers of the warp entirely.

Daemons are explicitly formed out of the essence of their creators

How strong is Varro Tigurius?
From what I recall, he has some pretty good feats of taking on several astartes at once during rise of the primarch and he did stay sane after peering into the hive mind so there’s that. Beyond that he’s kind of average in terms of abilities he can use and the like, more above average in general application though.

From what I recall, he has some pretty good feats of taking on several astartes at once during rise of the primarch and he did stay sane after peering into the hive mind so there’s that. Beyond that he’s kind of average in terms of abilities he can use and the like, more above average in general application though.
I expected that he would he above average considering the fact that the hive mind specifically hates him.

How about mephiston and the typical member of the fire hawks space marine chapter?
Mephiston to my knowledge is probably currently the best psyker in the Imperium barring Draigo. Dude's feats are insane. As for the fire hawks, if you subscribe to the idea that they're the Legion of the Damned we got a profile for them

What's the pecking order for primarchs when it comes to strength?
Most Primarchs are generally around the same level of strength and they're mostly supplemented through their methods of warfare, skills, and abilities but generally I'd say if you're asking who's going to win more duels between each other it'd probably go like this (Ordered from worst to best)

• Alpharius/Omegon (Has one decent fight against another Primarch and its the one where he ******* died to Dorn)
  • Lorgar (Generally loses all the fights he's in but is still able to match someone like Roboute)
  • Guilliman (Roughly equal to Lorgar but can still defend himself against Angron and Curze)
  • Corvus (Mostly this low because he lacks feats but he was superior to Lorgar and was stated to be able to fight evenly with Horus in their duels but those can be just Horus holding back like how Vulkan does)
  • Mortarion [Pre Daemon] (Jaghatai considered him a pretty big threat but he still beat him)
  • Perturabo (Not many physical feats for him beyond fighting Daemon Angron after he was weakened and for bloodying up Fulgrim while he was distracted)
  • Ferrus (Lacks a lot of good showings but was stated to be one of the strongest Primarchs by Jaghatai and above Mortarion)
  • Fulgrim [Pre and Post-Daemon] (Was a bit weaker than Ferrus but still killed him but after that kinda just loses a lot of fights till he beats Guilliman)
  • Jaghatai (Considered himself better than Fulgrim and beat Mortarion)
  • Dorn (Beat Fulgrim after he was a Daemon as well as Alpharius relatively easily)
  • Mortarion [Post Daemon] (Probably around here in terms of pure strength but he could be higher. Beat the hell out of Jaghatai and Guilliman with both knowing he was far stronger))
  • Angron [Pre Daemon] (Was easily overpowering Guilliman, Corvus considered him the strongest Primarch barring Horus and Sanguinius, and he was able to beat Russ in a 1v1 though he was trying to lure him into a trap)
  • Curze (Nearly killed Dorn, fought with both Guilliman and the Lion simultaenously, and fought in a 1v1 against Sanguinius though he was without armor. Easily one of the strongest imo especially thanks to his foresight)
  • Vulkan (Vastly stronger than Curze physically to the point where he nearly killed the dude the second he got his hammer. Stated to have held back against all his brothers in their duels because he knew he was vastly stronger than them. Beat Daemon Magnus eventually just through attrition)
  • Magnus [Pre and Post Daemon] (Could easily be higher but he's really stupid with the application of his abilities. Regardless, fought Vulkan and killed him dozens of times but y'know, Perpetual, so he was eventually bested. Also dueled Guilliman and was somewhat beating him till the Sisters of Silence arrived)
  • The Lion (Beat Curze in a 1v1 and Daemon Angron but that was mostly thanks to his shield)
  • Horus [Pre Empowerment] (Considered to be a relative equal to Russ and it would've been a hard fight for him)
  • Russ (Said he could beat any of his brothers except for Sanguinius, Curze, and empowered Horus. Dueled Lion in a 1v1 for a whole day and was stated to be just a bit stronger than Lion, with the fight only ending when Russ got distracted and Lion sucker punching him)
  • Angron [Post Daemon] (Easily one of the top strongest given he has some of the best feats of any of these guys. Held his own against Sanguinius, was far stronger than the Lion, and was cleaving apart entire Knights with every swing of his blades)
  • Sanguinius (Beat Daemon Angron and is consistently stated to be one of the best Primarchs by pretty much everyone)
  • Horus [Post Empowerment] (Killed Sanguinius. 'Nuff said)

This list is pretty fluid. Things can move around in it since all the Primarchs are really weird with their scaling, especially in the middle, but the top and the bottom are pretty solid with most of those guys' feats.

How strong? Solitaire level? Primarch level?
Not Primarch level but like, around Ahriman levels which is essentially just sub-Primarch at that point

Back