• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wanks and downplays which are really bad (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw one of those bashing the VS wiki posts on comic vine and it was about saying how they wank anime and that stuff (which I agree with a bit tbh).

But one person said that we wank MARIO and how the absolute top tier of mario are 9-C at best

TartaChocholate said:
Well many people think that bladed weapons and bullets negate durability by default...
Only, they do. Because of piercing damage. Sure, a 9-B gun isn't gonna kill Superman, but bullets do still ignore durability to an extent.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
I saw one of those bashing the VS wiki posts on comic vine and it was about saying how they wank anime and that stuff (which I agree with a bit tbh).
But one person said that we wank MARIO and how the absolute top tier of mario are 9-C at best
Dear god! Then they are no better worse hypocrites themselves as such a statement is the worst downplay yet. Maybe they got the 9-C from getting hurt by more smaller creatures which obviously Mario clearly surpasses in every way.

@Wright: My bad, I mean that many people insist on stuff like a knife from a regular person could fatally wound a planet destroying superhuman that has survived world destroying power and such, unless they are shown to be openly immune like Supes to bullets

TartaChocholate said:
@Wright: My bad, I mean that many people insist on stuff like a knife from a regular person could fatally wound a planet destroying superhuman that has survived world destroying power and such, unless they are shown to be openly immune like Supes to bullets
Because fiction tropes.

And customers are always right unless other customers disagree.

@Jason: Well, to be fair you do have a point and many times writers do use knives or bullets to wound a super powerful character for dramatics scenes when said weapon shouldn't have scratched them in the first place.

Hmmm... from what I understand yes, if we're not talking about a particularly powerful gun or one with explicit Durability Negation properties. Though, it seems I am indeed missing something on this so I could be mistaken.

Yeah from 8C or onwards you should be able to tank most, if not all, handheld weapons humanity has to offer.

Funny thing is, I was actually confused when the main villain pulled out a regular gun against Spider-Man in Far From Home but then realized MCU isn't VS battle wiki.

It's not like they are calculating their own feats and are like "Oh, this punch had 1 ton energy output, so he can't really be harmed by gunshot. How do we kill him?"

Don't underestimate Disney

Most inconsistent moment is Thor getting electrocuted by a small device and KO'd by it after beating the crap out of Hulk tho.

But there are way worse verses when it comes to this kinda stuff than the MCU, kuch kuch DCEU (check Wonder Woman's weaknesses).

Alright, I'm done tolerating this thread.

Let me start off by reminding you all of one of the Site Rules we have here on this wiki. Specifically, Rule #7:

• Avoid talking badly about other wikis and communities, as we do not want any conflicts or bad blood. It is considered especially negative to talk badly about the excellent Anime Characters Fight wiki, as its staff has been of great help for developing this site. Also, we respect the OBD for making lots of useful calculations, so do not insult them either. In addition, do not write anything that can be interpreted as harassment of real people.
Let's see...Just from skimming this thread alone, I count a whopping twenty different posts directly "talking badly" about other sites, including the above-mentioned OBD. (and frankly, I stopped counting after I got to that number, because holy shit...) Do I really need to tell you all why this is an enormous problem? Because plaintively speaking, I shouldn't.

Between this and what I've seen in several other, similar threads prior to this one, I'm not of the opinion that the general community of this site is capable of handling these threads. At all. And with that in mind, I really, really do not suggest making any others of this type, because the lot of you are likely to end up going down the same road once you do.

I'm closing this thing, and I'm closing any others of its type that I see from now until I've retired. This farce is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back