• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A small but important addition to our site rules page

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

I and AKM would like to make a minor but significant change to our Site Rules page.

This:

"Refrain from spamming, trolling, threatening, using derogatory comments of any form (ethnic, homophobic, belittling the disabled or mentally ill, etcetera), and rude, vulgar, sexist, etcetera offensive language."

Should be changed to something like this:

"Refrain from spamming, trolling, threatening, using derogatory comments of any form (ethnic, homophobic, belittling the disabled or mentally ill, etcetera), and rude, vulgar, sexist, etcetera offensive language. To further clarify, we do not tolerate any form of bigotry in any direction whatsoever."

I think that it is important to underline that we do not tolerate extreme misandrism any more than we tolerate extreme misogynism, and that the same goes for Christophobia, antisemitism, Islamophobia, anti-Hinduism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, and all forms of racism and supremacism, etcetera. Basically that the rules are the same for everybody in this regard.

Would this be acceptable for the rest of you?

NOTE: STAFF ONLY

Last edited:
Thank you for the support.

I think this part can be changed a little
To further clarify, we do not tolerate any outright bigotry in any direction whatsoever
To further clarify, we do not torelate any form of bigory in any direction whatsoever.

I think removing the "outright" part would be better imho. This word can be misunderstood by some or some people might twist it a little for their own benefit. Like making a racist joke, that might not seem racist on the surface but holds a racist connotation. Of course, if the person doesn't know and did it by accident, it can be forgiven, but if someone does it while knowing full well what it means, then ig they should be warned or banned. (Depending on how severe it is)

Thank you. I have to go back to my wiki patrolling work now, but will return here when I wake up tomorrow.

As we already discussed, this is a fine (and minor) addition.

"Refrain from spamming, trolling, threatening, using derogatory comments of any form (ethnic, homophobic, belittling the disabled or mentally ill, etcetera), and rude, vulgar, sexist, etcetera offensive language. To further clarify, we do not tolerate any form of bigotry in any direction whatsoever."
May I ask: is this rule amended on any demand?
I would like to see if anyone can further fine tune / clarify it to make sure this addition of rules will not be abused. Or this sentence is clear enough to avoid any abuse in any direction. Keyword: any direction - which I personally am fine with. Or the abusive / ambiguous nature is exactly what we want.

I must appreciate the staff members here for making here a better place to discuss things though.

I do think potentially banning people for jokes even acknowledging them to be jokes seems a bit odd, but the spirit of the rule is sound.

Back