• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Waluigi and Geno fights for joining Smash

Does Geno have incap options against Waluigi? Because they scale similarly in power but Waluigi has a Mid Regen, I don't think Geno can hit him enough for a win thanks to that...

Teleportation for mobility, a time slow ability, afterimages...Waluigi has some useful tools to fight with too.

He seems like he should be smarter and more skilled, but I'm not sure there's much Geno can do on this one, I think I vote Waluigi?

If the doll that Geno is inhibiting gets destroyed, Geno's true form would leave it, which is an intangible star. I don't think Waluigi can affect intangibles?

I don't think so. Theoretically he could since all of Geno's attacks come from the "real" Geno's magic, but he's never shown to attack in that form.

Pretty sure Waluigi destroying Geno's body would still count as incapacitating him (As Geno can't fight in that form)

But Waluigi can't fight him in that form either. Neither opponent can harm the other (assuming Geno can't fight in that form). This is textbook inconclusive.

GyroNutz said:
But Waluigi can't fight him in that form either. Neither opponent can harm the other (assuming Geno can't fight in that form). This is textbook inconclusive.
Code:
It really, Geno literally cannot do anything in that form without finding another body, he is functionally incapacitated.

I agree, honestly. They had a fight and Waluigi's actions made Geno unable to continue to fight.

...Also, has Waluigi never proven Non-Physical interaction of any kind? Ever? He's never interacted with a Boo or anything? I'm saying that more as in I'm shocked he's never been able to prove he has NPI like other Mario characters have.

Waluigi can't do anything against an intangible, he can't continue the fight either. Arguably Geno could just keep possessing inanimate objects to fight Waluigi, but he'd never get past Waluigi's regen and Waluigi would never be able to even affect the true Geno.

It'd definitely make sense if Waluigi had interacted with a Boo or something before, but I can't think of an instance where he has.

It'd definitely make sense if Waluigi had interacted with a Boo or something before, but I can't think of an instance where he has.
Mario Party 7 maybe? Boo is one of the playable characters and there are some mini games where you have to physically interact with other players (like Bubble Brawl)

idk if that would be considered an outlier though.

Why would it be considered an outlier? I know this wiki calls everything an outlier but this should get through.

I mean, aren't Boos sometimes intangible & sometimes not in some games, but MP player character Boos usually don't show any intangibility/phasing?

The incapacitation part of victory conditions is: "incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day"

Waluigi might not be able to interact with the intangible form, but Geno can't interact with him. Going by that definition, that's a victory condition for Waluigi, he is the one who put Geno in that state. Waluigi's actions directly lead to him being unable to be harmed by Geno anymore, it just needs to last a day, leading me into...

Geno possessing other objects might be an interesting line of thought, are their rules to what bodies he can inhabit, and how useful those bodies are combatively? Did they explain if he has limitations on what's useful to him, like why he chose the doll we know him for over anything else, like the other dolls in the room?

00potato said:
They should still have it though, so it is a solid feat still.
If it does count, then non-physical interaction should extend to other Mario characters in that game too, like Birdo and Daisy.

But he's also putting himself in a state where he can't interact with Geno. You can't just look at it one way. Though if Waluigi can interact with Geno, there's no real reason why he wouldn't win.

Geno said that he chose to possess the "Geno" doll because it looked the strongest out of all the dolls there.

If it does count, then non-physical interaction should extend to other Mario characters in that game too, like Birdo and Daisy.

Ok, seems fine.

GyroNutz said:
But he's also putting himself in a state where he can't interact with Geno. You can't just look at it one way. Though if Waluigi can interact with Geno, there's no real reason why he wouldn't win.
Geno said that he chose to possess the "Geno" doll because it looked the strongest out of all the dolls there.
I hate to drag FNAF into this because it feels derailing to even mention it, but Soupy's counterpoint there is correct. By that very same logic, 'possessed' characters of all types across the wiki should have Incon results because their opponent couldn't interact with the soul, spirit, ingangable form, ect that was in control of the body that CAN interact with their opponent.

But that's not how other fights are ruled, and it shouldn't be here. Geno didn't make Waluigi unable to fight, Waluigi made GENO unable to fight and a consiquence of that is that Waluigi can no longer keep fighting. But that's not Waluigi's problem anymore, his actions removed Geno as a threat to himself, Geno was the victim in that exchange.

Geno lost, and Geno needs a way to get back into the fight because he can no longer harm Waluigi. Waluigi doesn't need to finish Geno off, he's been removed as a threat.

I think that's textbook incapacitation. I will budge on it being 'incon' if Geno's possession is able to reasonably get him back into the fight, but as we are now I will not vote 'incon' for Waluigi not being able to completely kill Geno when HIS actions made Geno a non-threat.

Waluigi FRA. If we really do go against the various losses counted for FNaF and somehow assume that Geno being rendered a spirit who hasn't shown the ability to fight is somehow an inconclusive, then okay, but I think this should be a win for Waluigi given we seem to currently accept a win via destroying a possessing spirit's vessel so that they can't fight anymore.

If we ever do decide that FNaF fights become inconclusive because they tecnically can't be killed by opponents who don't have NPI, then we can easily just move this to Geno and Waluigi's Incon section.

Plus, just because they could possess another body doesn't mean they will. Theoretically, the FNaF spirits can possess other bodies as well.

As for incap, what does Waluigi have that can incap the puppet body?

My stance is that waluigi wins via his ability to stop time and his temporarily invincibility plus geno can't even harm him enough to make a difference considering their ap is literally just decided based off the same feat nonetheless walugi has the ability to increase his ap via the mega mushroom which would give waluigi the edge

No, I don't believe so. Waluigi's only incapacitation hax seems to be Transmutation (I don't know how Waluigi uses it), and Geno seems to resist that.

The only incap seems to be removing Geno's physical body and creating the True Form situation.

XitSign said:
I don't know what happens with FNaF threads, and Waluigi having NPI makes this pretty irrelevant, but that's wrong. The definition of incapacitated is "unable to act, respond or the like". Obviously Geno can act under the previous assumptions, as Waluigi never affected the true Geno in any way. Respond? True Geno can interact with tangibles, so he is capable of responding, even if it isn't in kind. He's not incapacitated, but neither one can win the fight, so it'd be inconclusive.

But again, irrelevant, I'll make a CRT for Waluigi and the like getting NPI

Back