• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Walter Vs Misaka

Why are Walter's reactions not High Hypersonic, anyway? He's explicitly shown to be faster than Alucard in just about every way.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Why are Walter's reactions not High Hypersonic, anyway? He's explicitly shown to be faster than Alucard in just about every way.
His page is probably a bit outdated. Hell i may just update it myself. Its not like its anything contentious

@Gargoyle you aren't reading it properly. You can't blitz someone with reactions.

"using iron sand spread along the floor and her radar" <- People keep missing this, but this is important, she only has that kind of reactions when given some prep. Otherwise she gets blitzed, as seen with Salome.

If speed is not equalized Walter just slices Mikoto to ribbons or punches her head off.

If speed is equalized neither he or his wires are getting anywhere close to Mikoto, and by the time he realizes this Mikoto is going to be frying him with lightning.

Not a fair match either way.

Ive honestly never liked how the speed page words it, and I know that it has been problematic in the past for people aswell. IMO it should be worded that you can react to a event occuring (process what's happening in your head) but only move at the speed you can move at usually (movement speed, combat speed)

That means abilities that can be used that don't require muscle movement can still be used

As for the speed equalised walter carries around his wires so misaka can likely pick it up with her iron sand radar.

If anything we should just allow for speed equalization for

Movement speed, attack speed, reaction speed, and whether or not speed altering attacks have an effect or not. That would clear things up.

That said this match is one sided in either direction from what I'm seeing.

Misaka with only super sonic with water wings (can she use that for fight, or it just for travel purpose?) can't deal with Walter hypersonic+, given the high hypersonic+ reaction she have, she still can't dodge Walter attack. But when she use her lightning with massively hypersonic then Walter have no way to dodge too.

Since Misaka usually go for the lightning attack first I think she can burn Walter here.

Back