• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'll say right now, Wallenstein seems to have a big advantage with his friction manip but this still seemed fair.

Idk, acupuncture one-shot and speed enhancements for Hinata may make this a short match.

As I mentioned before, which I will happily copy/paste later, Wallenstein causing the ground to lose its friction is hard countered by Hinata using the same technique that allows her to walk on trees and water, and the Byakugan and her Gentle Fist Style martial arts will help her keep up with his attacks and land some of her own.

Hinata does not usually keep the walking technique, not when on solid ground at least, so he will at least knock her down once. Furthermore as i said Wallenstein simply swinging his sword will cut Hinata appart. And no Hinata won't be able to notice sharpness or anything of the like, the only reason she notices the chakra enhancements is cus they are well..chakra. She cannot see the literal laws of physics being bent with the Byakugan. So no, she is going to have no idea that the dude in front of her has the power to hit people kilometers away by manipulating the laws of physics and making his attacks physcially impossible to block.

(At leas this won't be a stomp in either case)

You're absolutely right that she can't see physics being shifted around her. She may not be able to see the shockwave itself, but she can track Wallenstein himself. Chakra is a lifeforce that flows through every living thing within the Naruto universe, and due to verse equalization and just plain common sense, she'd be able to track his movements through his own chakra flow. And aside, as I pointed out in the other thread, seeing trees being cut down in front of her will give her a clue as well. (Plus, aren't the swords is Rakudai drawn from one's soul, which means it would share similar properties to Wallenstein's own chakra?)

And ninja tend to be extremely perceptive about their surroundings. If she slips from there being no friction, despite her knowing she was able to move before, she'd likely immediately use her chakra to stick to the surface so she can get away from the first incoming attack. She doesn't start with it, but she will use it in this scenario once it becomes clear that she can't move.

Ok she can see his sword move, never said she can't.

1. She can't react to the sword, the sword doesn't launch a wave. It's basically friction being manipulated so that it's not just his sword that cuts but the air as well, and if it could cut a mountain in the distance at the same time as wallenstein sliced a dude near him, there is no way in hell Hinata is going to react, i mean the speed would be easily in the thousands or ten thousands higher (if not more) than their base speed.

2. Ok yes she will notice his "magic". And yes the device is a weapon from the soul so she would be able to see the sword as well but the sword or the guy are not related to friction manip. Reading the chakra of those 2 won't give you intel on the friction.

3. Ninja are perceptive sure, so was Shizuku Kurogane. I mean she was slipping on her own freaking ability, yet she fell once and failed twice to get up cus 0 friction is annoying xD. Hinata falling, figuring out the ability and then getting up is not coming before Stein swings.

4. She won't see the tree's being cut as the speed will be IMMENSLY above what she can react to or percieve. As in so much above it's not even funny.

5. Even if she somehow dodges 1 slice, that just spells doom for her as Stein would just get annoyed and just randomly slash at that point (don't even try to argue Hinata will dodge invisible friction blades moving as speeds FAR beyond her comprehension that come in combos xD)

Back